Jump to content

Done With This, Mwotanic


76 replies to this topic

#21 Kamikaze Viking

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 375 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:17 AM

Did not want soup queue. And it undermined the work we did to fix PSR (which from my testing with alts at different tiers seems to be working as intended.)

[Solo queue ] + [8v8 group queue + solo opt in] please

then you can play solo q and the rest of us can play with teamwork

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 30 September 2020 - 05:19 AM.


#22 Kiran Yagami

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:48 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 30 September 2020 - 05:06 AM, said:

I think that allowing premades in the solo Queue and dropping the Tonnage balance is the final coffin nail for Mwo. RIP MWO.... remember the good times.


It's more than that. MM has abandoned lance spawns too. I can drop solo in my Anni and still wind up in alpha lance, even when charlie lance has more than enough room for another assault. Why? Why should that EVER be a thing? Especially given that on 95% of the maps, alpha lance is the "sh*t" spawn? Drop a slow assault in that lance and that poor schmuck is pulling DDs. There's nothing about the soup Q that doesn't absolutely suck. And comp players argued vehemently against it. No one wanted this change... except Sean Lang.

#23 CFC Conky

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:59 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 30 September 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

It's more than that. MM has abandoned lance spawns too. I can drop solo in my Anni and still wind up in alpha lance, even when charlie lance has more than enough room for another assault. Why? Why should that EVER be a thing? Especially given that on 95% of the maps, alpha lance is the "sh*t" spawn? Drop a slow assault in that lance and that poor schmuck is pulling DDs. There's nothing about the soup Q that doesn't absolutely suck. And comp players argued vehemently against it. No one wanted this change... except Sean Lang.



I agree, the spawn points/lance spawns need to be adjusted.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#24 Ryokens leap

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:47 AM

Tired of MWO, Star Wars Squadrons drops Friday and is $40ish with NO micro transactions. Decent price for a proper sim, hope to see you there.

#25 Nightbird

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 5,852 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:19 AM

Star Wars Squadrons fight mechanic is a sim of submarines in water...

#26 Beorning

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:39 AM

let me guess.. it is another EAAA title. Like EA has not tried to shoehorn in micro transactions after a release?

#27 Ryokens leap

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:06 PM

View PostBeorning, on 30 September 2020 - 11:39 AM, said:

let me guess.. it is another EAAA title. Like EA has not tried to shoehorn in micro transactions after a release?

Can’t be worse than the crap pile MWO has devolved into, but if you want to continue support Russ in his E-sport fantasy more power to ya.

#28 JediPanther

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,649 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:40 PM

View PostNightbird, on 30 September 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

Star Wars Squadrons fight mechanic is a sim of submarines in water...


I have the silent hunter 2-5 and the old tie fighter x-wing games for my sim needs. RIP lucasarts being kind of space sims.

#29 Beorning

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:44 PM

View PostRyokens leap, on 30 September 2020 - 12:06 PM, said:

Can’t be worse than the crap pile MWO has devolved into, but if you want to continue support Russ in his E-sport fantasy more power to ya.


Well if I wasn't having fun I wouldn't play.

#30 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:34 PM

View PostKamikaze Viking, on 30 September 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

Did not want soup queue. And it undermined the work we did to fix PSR (which from my testing with alts at different tiers seems to be working as intended.)

[Solo queue ] + [8v8 group queue + solo opt in] please

then you can play solo q and the rest of us can play with teamwork


That's not a option. It's solo q with teams or solo q without teams and game dies faster.

Population is way to low to support more than 1 q.


#31 BlaizerP

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 468 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

I think I'd be ok with them fixing the spawns and reducing group size to 2. More than that, go play faction.

Also there's no way to prove whether game would die faster with or without soup, but it certainly seems that all the looky-loos that came back for a bit of group action are long gone, and looking at the leaderboard the game lost about 1,500 pilots over the last month.

#32 LordNothing

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11,991 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:01 AM

View PostNightbird, on 30 September 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

Star Wars Squadrons fight mechanic is a sim of submarines in water...


if you dont have to go through your reactor startup sequence, its not a sim. durr how do i turn on my ion injectors? what do you mean i have to pump down the vacuum vessel first?

#33 MW Waldorf Statler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8,834 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:19 AM

SW Squadron a Sim ? with collecting of Repair Symbols ???? !!!!! wtf

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 01 October 2020 - 02:20 AM.


#34 GARION26

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:26 AM

View PostBeorning, on 30 September 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

Well if I wasn't having fun I wouldn't play.

Agreed and similarly if I wasn't having fun I wouldn't be on the message boards for the game.
If folks hate it - why come here at all?

I'm a Tier 5 player who started Spring 2020 prior to merger. I'm quite happy to be able to play with my son (who is also Tier 5)

Edited by GARION26, 01 October 2020 - 08:27 AM.


#35 Charronn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 489 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:35 AM

I'm also done with this game now for good.Too often the teams are totally borked,every game has at least 1 dc.
I've played since the start on and off and had some good times and also spent a few quid to support it.
Not anymore.I feel very frustrated at the constant **** teams,idiot players who suicide and the dc's.
This game is done.Time to move on.

#36 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:22 PM

View PostCharronn, on 01 October 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

I'm also done with this game now for good.Too often the teams are totally borked,every game has at least 1 dc.
I've played since the start on and off and had some good times and also spent a few quid to support it.
Not anymore.I feel very frustrated at the constant **** teams,idiot players who suicide and the dc's.
This game is done.Time to move on.


The game has become almost unplayable:

The typical situation is that one team has a premade group with carefully selected 'Mechs, while the other team has no premade group and a half of the team is sitting in Hero Wolverines that they were given free of charge five months ago and that they have never ever piloted.

It is no wonder that MWO players are leaving.

#37 Beorning

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:03 AM

Hmm.. I better dust off the quarantine now.

#38 Kodyn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,420 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:56 PM

I have no desire for a sim, so when I get paid Thursday, if Squadrons feels as good as friends who've played tell me it is, it could be the end of MWO for me. I have no attachment to BT lore, whereas I do to Star Wars, so if it's just a more fun game, a more satisfying experience, that's really all I need.

This has always been one of MWO's biggest issues. Most of us probably aren't here for the TT lore. We just like big stompy robots, or other sci-fi type vehicles. When the game stops being fun, there's no real strings keeping us here, other than time and money invested. If you're going to make a game based on a niche IP, you'd better make it good enough to draw in people from outside that niche. PGI's entire business model seems to have been based on 50-something year old white dudes with more money than sense and nostalgia for BT, and once they stopped paying or playing, the funds dried up. By attempting to keep so many things lore-friendly, they've avoided making the game more appealing for non-BT fanboys, which obviously wasn't a sustainable model.

#39 Kroete

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

View PostKodyn, on 03 October 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

PGI's entire business model seems to have been based on 50-something year old white dudes with more money than sense and nostalgia for BT, and once they stopped paying or playing, the funds dried up. By attempting to keep so many things lore-friendly, they've avoided making the game more appealing for non-BT fanboys, which obviously wasn't a sustainable model.

If you look over the whole time of the game, you will come to the conclusion that pgi tried to cater for everyone (for some time), they tried to made mwo a game for the tryhardcasualloresingleplayergroupesportsbeerleaguepillarsin6monthontheislandplayerswithgoodreflexesandslowreaction....
and in the end they managed to **** every type of player at least once over the time.

Edited by Kroete, 03 October 2020 - 04:39 PM.


#40 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 12:37 AM

View PostKroete, on 03 October 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

If you look over the whole time of the game, you will come to the conclusion that pgi tried to cater for everyone (for some time), they tried to made mwo a game for the tryhardcasualloresingleplayergroupesportsbeerleaguepillarsin6monthontheislandplayerswithgoodreflexesandslowreaction....
and in the end they managed to **** every type of player at least once over the time.

The history of MWO is essentially the history of Russ Bullock's desperate attempts to please everybody while spending as little cash on the MWO development as possible, while pretending that there is no erosion of MWO playerbase caused by his own actions and decisions.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users