Multitasking?

4 replies to this topic

#1 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:52 PM

How about letting us do something while we're waiting for a match? It would be nice if I could work on a mech, browse the store, adjust colors, or something. But once I click the button, the UI won't let me do anything else.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,005 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:02 PM

View PostSharDar, on 17 October 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

How about letting us do something while we're waiting for a match? It would be nice if I could work on a mech, browse the store, adjust colors, or something. But once I click the button, the UI won't let me do anything else.

It has been this way since the creation of MWO. I do not think that this is going to change.

#3 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:26 PM

Doesn't mean we don't ask. Heck, even having the chat window be a separate thread would be nice. That way you could socialize while you're waiting the 2 to 5 minutes it takes for a match to start.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,005 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:52 PM

View PostSharDar, on 17 October 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

Doesn't mean we don't ask. Heck, even having the chat window be a separate thread would be nice. That way you could socialize while you're waiting the 2 to 5 minutes it takes for a match to start.

When PGI unveiled the new User Interface (the current one), we had waited for many weeks to get just one 'Mech filter implemented (to filter Trial 'Mechs from Owned 'Mechs).

And you want something much more diffcult? For PGI that's about one year's work. Posted Image

#5 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:29 AM

I would think anything mech lab related wouldn't work.
The system is based on ONE mech being your 'active' selected mech.
And when you drop... does it save, or cancel your unsaved changes?
BUT... I like the chat idea.

One issue with that, similar to comms. Because they dropped the ball on it early, the 'die hards' have the work around figured out, and have no reason to change to in-game methods now. You could implement it, but all the old guard will likely stick with teamspeak, discord, or whatever it is they use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users