Subscription?

3 replies to this topic

#1 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:57 PM

How about charging a monthly fee for a premium subscription. Players would get all of the mechs, all of the weapons, all of the camo, all of the colors as long as they keep paying the subscription. They could still buy things for outside of the subscription.

This is like me subscribing to Tidal. I can stream thousands of albums at CD or higher resolution. I still choose to buy some albums, though.

Money for you. Fun for us!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,894 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:07 PM

View PostSharDar, on 17 October 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

How about charging a monthly fee for a premium subscription. Players would get all of the mechs, all of the weapons, all of the camo, all of the colors as long as they keep paying the subscription. They could still buy things for outside of the subscription.

This is like me subscribing to Tidal. I can stream thousands of albums at CD or higher resolution. I still choose to buy some albums, though.

Money for you. Fun for us!

Can the players, who do not want to get the subscription, continue to play the way it is now?

#3 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:25 PM

Everyone plays together. If you subscribe, you just have immediate access to all mechs, all weapons, etc. We still all play together.

#4 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:34 AM

Queue the pay to win complaints
(which I wouldn't agree with... you could build any one given mech fairly easily... and you can only drive 1 mech at a time.)

Honestly though, its counter to what some people want... which is more of a 'career' type play. MWO is kind of an 'in between' as it is now. Lacking in story, but incentive to grind, save, learn to play what you have available now, etc etc.
Saving up and grinding is how you got GOOD before jumping into an atlas.
It gives you something to play towards... like sooooo many games over time. Most car games, you work your way up. Even if they don't have dialogue and story to back the 'career'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users