Dumb Ideas

28 replies to this topic

#1 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:47 PM

OK people love to talk about the queue buckets and splitting up the population. I say Merge quickplay and faction queue's. Change faction I say overhaul scouting missions make that your quickplay replacement. Maybe make it 8 v 8 give them a tonnage limit to work with. Then have full on faction mode with respawns and other games modes 12 v 12. Keep Solaris and comp drops.

Stop with the deathmatch. Game modes with objectives that have the player have to make choices about were to go what to do and how ect.

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 October 2020 - 01:48 PM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:47 PM

no

#3 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:50 PM

View PostNightbird, on 23 October 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

no

OK why not?

#4 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:54 PM

This changes the MWO formula too much. No.

Not everyone has the time to drop into a 30 minute long faction match when all they were looking for was a 10 min quick play.

#5 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:58 PM

View PostBuster Machine 0, on 23 October 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

This changes the MWO formula too much. No.

Not everyone has the time to drop into a 30 minute long faction match when all they were looking for was a 10 min quick play.

This is why I say overhaul that scouting missions make those the quick drops. I thought about that I know we need a quick mode for people too drop. Why we can have scout missions be 8v8s and make that a quickplay.

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 October 2020 - 01:59 PM.

#6 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 October 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 23 October 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

OK people love to talk about the queue buckets and splitting up the population. I say Merge quickplay and faction queue's. Change faction I say overhaul scouting missions make that your quickplay replacement. Maybe make it 8 v 8 give them a tonnage limit to work with. Then have full on faction mode with respawns and other games modes 12 v 12. Keep Solaris and comp drops.

Stop with the deathmatch. Game modes with objectives that have the player have to make choices about were to go what to do and how ect.

Now that we have demonstrated to those unwashed, uneducated casual solos that they can either play with groups or find another game, I suggest we take the next logical step and force them to participate in a game mode none of them chose to participate in. And while we're at it, let's increase the premade group percentage from potentially 33% of any given team to 50%.

There, I fixed it for you.

Seriously, dude, are you trying to drive the population away? If so, I think PGI will probably go with your suggestion, since that's their business model. The new group queue already sucks. How dare those T3-T1 solos not play like experienced, comp team players, right? They need to be forced to be in a group just to play, I say.

#7 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:01 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 23 October 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

And while we're at it, let's increase the premade group percentage from potentially 33% of any given team to 50%.

Already can.

Some of the top tier try-hards have managed to sync drop as two 3-man groups.

#8 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:07 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 23 October 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Now that we have demonstrated to those unwashed, uneducated casual solos that they can either play with groups or find another game, I suggest we take the next logical step and force them to participate in a game mode none of them chose to participate in. And while we're at it, let's increase the premade group percentage from potentially 33% of any given team to 50%.

There, I fixed it for you.

Seriously, dude, are you trying to drive the population away? If so, I think PGI will probably go with your suggestion, since that's their business model. The new group queue already sucks. How dare those T3-T1 solos not play like experienced, comp team players, right? They need to be forced to be in a group just to play, I say.

??!?Not sure what you are on about? Do you want a good game to play? Confused?

#9 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 23 October 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Already can.

Some of the top tier try-hards have managed to sync drop as two 3-man groups.

Proof?

#10 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:18 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 23 October 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

Proof?

Screenshots were posted on the discord.

#11 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 23 October 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

Screenshots were posted on the discord.

If they fix the game modes stop giving us multiple flavors of deathmatch and make a game then this will be less of a problem

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:35 AM

So you are going to take away from the casual solo players the only mode that they have been willing to play, and you are going to force them into playing the game mode they have been very unwilling to take a part?

Do you think that this move would make casual solos happy and eager to spend more cash on MWO?

May I remind you that the Solo casual Queue was actually the healthiest part of MechWarrior Online - well, definitely healthier than Group Queue, Solaris 7 or Faction Play that have all turned into empty ghost villages?

PGI is not especially famous for coming with reasonable objectives.

#13 MyriadDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:24 AM

accurate title, because this is one of the dumbest ideas I've seen yet.

#14 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:13 AM

Great new player experience, faction play = an hour long wait to get roflstomped by a 12 manner, but you have to wait until you die 4 times before it's over. Yeah, sounds great to force new players into, especially with trial mechs.

#15 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:45 AM

faction play sucks most of the time.

#16 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:12 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 October 2020 - 01:35 AM, said:

So you are going to take away from the casual solo players the only mode that they have been willing to play, and you are going to force them into playing the game mode they have been very unwilling to take a part?

Like I said I want to fold that in to faction and make a new quick play mode overhaul the scout missions

Edited by SirSmokes, 24 October 2020 - 04:13 AM.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:03 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 24 October 2020 - 04:12 AM, said:

Like I said I want to fold that in to faction and make a new quick play mode overhaul the scout missions

And are you sure that those Solo casual players actually want to be folded into the Faction Warfare?

#18 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:19 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 October 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

And are you sure that those Solo casual players actually want to be folded into the Faction Warfare?

Well this game need to take a deep self reflective look at it's self. There a lot of good here and if we want this game to last we need to rethink the gameplay it has right now. I think a lot of this games problems come from the available game modes and structure of them

Edited by SirSmokes, 24 October 2020 - 08:21 AM.

#19 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:03 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 23 October 2020 - 03:07 PM, said:

??!?Not sure what you are on about? Do you want a good game to play? Confused?

I'm not on about anything, I just rephrased what you said from a casual solo's perspective. Not that their opinion matters, even though QP was the only part of MW:O that had a decent population before being turned into the group queue.

#20 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:07 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 October 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'm not on about anything, I just rephrased what you said from a casual solo's perspective. Not that their opinion matters, even though QP was the only part of MW:O that had a decent population before being turned into the group queue.

OK https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Narcissism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users