C-Bill Income

13 replies to this topic

#1 Fruguy

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:33 AM

So, I've not been a huge MWO player. Since the release of MW5, I've been playing it some.

How can I best improve my Cbill income in the game besides just winning?

I've put a little money into the game with a mech pack I bought, but I'd like to get more as free to play as possible.

Any help is appreciated.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:46 AM

Well, first and foremost, stay as long alive as possible to earn the maximum amount of these In-game rewards. Use Premium time and Mechs with CBill bonus to maximize income. Keep your eyes pealed for in-game events, as these pay out really well usually.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:50 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 October 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Well, first and foremost, stay as long alive as possible to earn the maximum amount of these In-game rewards. Use Premium time and Mechs with CBill bonus to maximize income. Keep your eyes pealed for in-game events, as these pay out really well usually.

He said that "I'd like to get more as free to play as possible." and you are telling him to buy Premium Time for cash and Hero 'Mechs for cash.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:41 AM

These last points are measures to maximize income. After the basics that I told them to do first and foremost.
Do you have anything constructive to add?

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:39 AM

View PostFruguy, on 26 October 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

So, I've not been a huge MWO player. Since the release of MW5, I've been playing it some.

As you have probably noticed, MW5 is quite different from MWO.

By concentrating on raw damage output and on destroying as many components as possible.

Recently PGI has merged Solo and Group queues, so you have even less influence on winning the match than it used to be possible. If there is a competent premade group in good 'Mechs in the enemy team, you can forget any hopes on winning (if your team lacks a similar group). This is a sad truth.

There is no miracle way how to make a lot of C-Bills routinely. Otherwise everybody would be using such method. Posted Image

I've put a little money into the game with a mech pack I bought, but I'd like to get more as free to play as possible.

Well, the free play will get you only so far.

There are two reasons:
1) MWO - as many similar free-to-play games - is specifically designed to maximize grind (playing a high number of games, spending a lot of time in MWO) as to force the players to spend their cash on MWO, if they wish to avoid the grind.

Good 'Mechs and their upgrades cost a lot of C-Bills:
The first thing you do is always to switch to Endo Steel (from 200 000 C-Bills when upgrading a light 'Mech to 1 000 000 C-Bills when upgrading an Assault 'Mech) and to Double Heat Sinks (always 1 500 000 C-Bills).
XL Engines are pretty expensive too: 400 XL reactor costs 6 500 000 C-Bills, i.e. as an entire 'Mech.

2) Sooner or later you will have to spend cash on 'Mechbays, if nothing else.

Any help is appreciated.

There is one advice that I would like to give you: Before you spend some large amount of your hard earned C-Bills on a 'Mech, always ask first in this section.

Being warned beforehand can save you a lot of C-Bills. I have seen players who bought junk 'Mechs and then they bitterly regretted of wasted money ...

#6 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:24 PM

Keeping an eye on events is probably the single largest thing. Events often include substantial C-bill rewards.

Events often also include premium time, which is probably the second largest boost to income after the events themselves, and they often also include MC rewards you can save up to buy hero mechs, which are the third most significant c-bill boost.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:11 PM

Any help is appreciated.

What mech pack did you buy and what are you currently running on your mech? You can copy and paste the loadout code from the mechlab so we can give you pointers to improving your mech.

#8 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:01 AM

ATM's, don't skill missile spread, pop UAV's and drop arties. This will help get the win, and get you more income over time due to the ATM's blowing away components, and UAV's getting you points, and Arty's adding Damage. It help to spend a little to gain a bit more...

#9 Sunshinetrooper

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 02:48 PM

Any help is appreciated.

Buy premium, so you have 50% xp and c-bills per match and use a hero mech which has a bonus to c-bills.

#10 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:55 PM

Stop telling him to buy Premium Time, he already said he wants it to be as F2P as possible

As a 7 years vet, and penny pincher, the best way to make CBills is to get good. Find a mech/build that is combat effective for you. That will be your money maker. I have one that consistently deals out 500dmg average per game, and I'm always one of the last alive with next to nothing left on the mech. Win or lose, I make 200K average per game. Feast or famine mechs are not good for income. Neither are bad builds. My mech is ~3 on both W/L and K/D ratio. Not the highest, but that's across hundreds of games played. Consistency is key. If that mech can be Hero or CBill bonus mech, even better. IMO the best Hero currently for money making is the IV-Four. Quarantine is good too, if you got that for free during COVID

Next is buying. Never buy more than 1 engine of the same rating. Just swap them between mechs. Never sell engines. Go ham on engines during 50% equipment sales. You'll never make a loss on them, since you will sell them for the same CBill price. Buy only common sizes as well. You'll realize PGI have common engine caps on many mechs. You'll want those 295, 275, 235 rated ones eventually.

Your next source of income eventually will be selling useless equipment/weapons. Stuff like Class I Jumpjets almost never see any use, and they sell for quite a bit. Keep some, but sell the rest.

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:03 PM

My biggest money makers are Assaults and heavies, due to how solid they are and how much weapons you can add. That said all mechs can be good money makers i just find the others are hit and miss (for me).

#12 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 24 April 2021 - 01:43 PM

View PostMechaGnome, on 07 January 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

My biggest money makers are Assaults and heavies, due to how solid they are and how much weapons you can add. That said all mechs can be good money makers i just find the others are hit and miss (for me).

Same for me. Returned after 5 yrs, and still making best cbills with these.
I got 7 day of premium from ongoing april event, and from a single game (1170 damage) i recieved 400.000 cbills from non-hero mech.

Edited by Speedy Plysitkos, 24 April 2021 - 01:51 PM.

#13 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 04:47 PM

I have a 2-lrm20 IV4 (Quickdraw) that makes approx 1 million c-bills an hour. (with premium) I bought the IV4 for the mrm build, but found it to be a real money maker with lrms. The premium time comes as an award during the events.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:56 AM

View PostT B Kind, on 23 September 2021 - 04:47 PM, said:

I have a 2-lrm20 IV4 (Quickdraw) that makes approx 1 million c-bills an hour. (with premium) I bought the IV4 for the mrm build, but found it to be a real money maker with lrms. The premium time comes as an award during the events.

In higher Tier LRMs lose a part of their usefulness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users