11 replies to this topic

#1 ipaam

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:57 PM

Is it possible to make a new limited edition hero or variant mech to support unicef or some other great organization just like 8 years ago when Sarah's Jenner was released?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:20 PM

View Postipaam, on 05 October 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

Is it possible to make a new limited edition hero or variant mech to support unicef or some other great organization just like 8 years ago when Sarah's Jenner was released?

Reskinning of some existing MWO 'Mech is not a problem. This is possible.

However, years ago MWO had more players than it has today and those players were active and they were willing to spend their cash.

The current situation is different: The forum is deserted and the number of MWO players is low and keeps falling down.

I think that PGI should concentrate on the survival of MWO rather than on the world peace and similar things.

Anybody who wants to support UNICEF or any other similar organization can hand them their cash directly.

#3 ipaam

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:29 PM

I believe that PGI and the MWO community could make a difference and any little bit can help an organization.

#4 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:52 PM

Anything that gets people involved in the game again is a good thing. This could do that.

I'd say go for it if the time is worth is the effort.

#5 ipaam

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:59 PM

I would pay for it,if it's a decent mech.

#6 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 06 October 2020 - 02:53 AM

View PostLance425, on 05 October 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

Anything that gets people involved in the game again is a good thing. This could do that.

I'd say go for it if the time is worth is the effort.

I agree with that.
Just planning some good timing... When an other announcement of the MWO futur is ready.

Maybe difficult to have a big success when the official perspective is "maintenance" without more info.

As an exemple, I bougth some "complete collection" packs In order to help tha game going... But the incertain futur almost prevent me from doing it.

But with perspective it could be a good idea

#7 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:57 AM

Why don't we make it thematically appropriate to current issues? In the Inner Sphere, of course. I'm personally aghast at how willing various commanders are to squander pilot's lives fighting over the same dozen or so areas ad infinitum. How many times has the Mining Collective changed hands, for example? We need some sort of initiative to support our pilots, and to state plainly, that Mechwarrior Lives Have Meaning!

#8 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 10:35 AM

IIRC PGI had said they had a bunch of trouble getting all the right legal paperwork through when they did Sarah's Jenner. Them selling something to raise money for charity isn't the same thing as just giving money away. It can of course be done but it wasn't as easy (to prove it was for charity and not a scam) as thought.

#9 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:32 PM

pgi is a charity in and of itself. Just go read some other threads about this game's lack of future. Too bad pgi doesn't take its player base serious but as they've said in the past pgi knows what's best for mwo so go f yourself and buy a mech pack or three while you're at it.

#10 ipaam anoll

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 10:08 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 09 October 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

pgi is a charity in and of itself. Just go read some other threads about this game's lack of future. Too bad pgi doesn't take its player base serious but as they've said in the past pgi knows what's best for mwo so go f yourself and buy a mech pack or three while you're at it.

oof... That's harsh AF.
I hope PGI does a charity mech again sometime soon, PGI did good by Sarah's Jenner.

#11 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 October 2020 - 10:27 PM

View Postipaam anoll, on 12 October 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

oof... That's harsh AF.
I hope PGI does a charity mech again sometime soon, PGI did good by Sarah's Jenner.

The S was a good fun skin and cause. Shame that the mech is such trash now with all the direct and indirect nerfs though out all the changes to the game and power creep-ed into oblivion or just flat out replaced by flas and lcts. I'd rank all the jenners as t5 trash. I do have the Sarah Jenner and use it to try various skill tree builds as it has the xp buff. Mostly it sees use as a lrm5x2 ersmlx4 build. The arm armor reduction combined with balloon-ing of its size with the damed rescale were the two major nerfs to it. If I could give it the arm armor of a pnt or urb I would. I'd also shrink it back to its pre re scale size. Two hit points more than a mech 15 tons lighter is abysmal weak.

For comparisons: lct 1e stock armor is 8/12. jr7-f stock armor is 14/14. Even with full armor nodes the lct is superior to jenner due to its size and speed despite having exact same number and location of hard points.

#12 ipaam

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:22 AM

I hope that PGI does a Charity Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users