Does Reporting Voip Abuse Do Anything?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gallowbraid82

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:01 PM

I just played a match. One of the other players pilot named [redacted] was spectating me I presume. I was shooting at an enemy mech and a teammate stepped in front of the target and I dealt team damage (31 for the total match from that single MRM volley).. The player then said "are you trying to do team damage you stupid n**ger?!"

My child was watching me play the game at that time. I had to lie to my child and say "no he said 'trigger" so that he doesn't learn the N word.

I reported the player for VOIP abuse and asked the other players in the match to do the same thing. His team mate then started to curse me saying that I needed to "be cool" and asked "what's your problem?!"

Is this the kind of thing that is permissible in this game? Does reporting VOIP abuse do anything at all? If I "block" a player, will I potentially get paired on the same team with them in the future? I don't want to play with this hateful person ever again.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 02 November 2020 - 05:34 AM.

#2 Gallowbraid82

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:15 PM

Well, I got answers to some of my questions.

Yes, I can be on the same team as this person again even after blocking him. I was just on a team with this person again. And yes. He was saying the same thing again. His team kept talking like they were soldiers, but there was a lot of racial undertones. Saying things like "my elbows are still ashy, sir." and "f**k those soldier n**gas."

Come on? Really?!

#3 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:05 PM

in game reporting does nothing, PGI probably gets thousands of in game reports per day, it's not feasible to investigate them all

however, if you record your games, or perhaps there was a streamer in the drop, and you email pgi actual video evidence of this, they will take action against this player, most likely with a week long ban to start, and potentially more for repeated offences

#4 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:41 AM

View PostGallowbraid82, on 31 October 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

I reported the player for VOIP abuse and asked the other players in the match to do the same thing. His team mate then started to curse me saying that I needed to "be cool" and asked "what's your problem?!"

Is this the kind of thing that is permissible in this game? Does reporting VOIP abuse do anything at all? If I "block" a player, will I potentially get paired on the same team with them in the future? I don't want to play with this hateful person ever again.

This kind of behaviour is a clear misconduct and using the ingame report tool is the one way to react. Reports are revisited by staff personnel regularly.
And since everything else would be discussing moderation, thread closed.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 02 November 2020 - 05:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users