Team Killing Unit

Social

11 replies to this topic

#1 HamburgerTime

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:40 PM

Had a lovely match on Polar today with a 4-man of idiots on my team plus a few good players like LinksRevenge. Anyway these jerks were spamming VOIP insults because they were unhappy with the map selection. Progressed to taking my arms long before we made contact with the enemy, then a deliberate TK from 100m.

[redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 15 November 2020 - 10:23 PM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,894 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:02 PM

View PostHamburgerTime, on 14 November 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

Had a lovely match on Polar today with a 4-man of idiots on my team ...

You should go and modify your post:

Code of Conduct
Engaging in any of the following actions while using any PGI services is forbidden:
  • Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of another individual, including but not limited to accusations of cheating or exploiting.

#3 HamburgerTime

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:12 PM

View Postmartian, on 14 November 2020 - 11:02 PM, said:

You should go and modify your post:

[/list]

No. As I said, I’m sure this will be redacted and I’ll be banned. But screw these guys.

Also, thanks for posting the code of conduct for me Martian.

Edited by HamburgerTime, 14 November 2020 - 11:13 PM.

#4 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:19 PM

Sorry you had a bad time HamburgerTime.
Unfortunately some people are mean, especially online. There is probably nothing that you personally can do to change that. It is entirely possible that PGI might step in and hand out some bans in this situation, and maybe you will not have to see them again.
In the future you can use the in game report function, or send an email to PGI support staff with whatever evidence you may have collected (screenshot of the match id number, or video recording). The official forums and reddit are not the right place to try and address this.
Hopefully you will not have a similar experience in again in the near future.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:06 AM

Some helpful soul listed the names elsewhere. All of them have been out of the game since late 2019 and reactivated around September / October, none have played enough matches to actually break out of T3.

these jerks were spamming VOIP insults because they were unhappy with the map selection. Progressed to taking my arms long before we made contact with the enemy, then a deliberate TK from 100m.
Sounds like we're missing a bit of context there. Why did they target you specifically?

Edited by Horseman, 17 November 2020 - 12:07 AM.

#6 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 293 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:11 AM

I was in a match on River City last night and some moron backshot me with a PPC while "testing" his weapons. Idiots gonna idiot . . .

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:20 PM

There are plenty of games where I get as much damage from my own side trying to shoot through me as I do from the bad guys. It is what it is.

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,894 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:37 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 17 November 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

There are plenty of games where I get as much damage from my own side trying to shoot through me as I do from the bad guys. It is what it is.

This is the reason why I am still keeping some rear armor on my 'Mech instead removing almost all of it like some other players do.

Just yesterday ...
I was poking from behind a corner for some time. Some "friendly" idiot in Daishi came a because he was too afraid to actually expose himself to the enemy, he started shooting through me and through that damned corner of the building.

The result? My gutted 'Mech and no damage to the enemy 'Mechs. What that idiot did expect? That his bullets will magically flow through my 'Mech and that corner of the building?

I know that he is going to stay in his Tier 3, but it does not change the fact the he probably spoils the fun for everyone in his vicinity in every game he is in.

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:31 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 November 2020 - 12:37 AM, said:

This is the reason why I am still keeping some rear armor on my 'Mech instead removing almost all of it like some other players do.

Just yesterday ...
I was poking from behind a corner for some time. Some "friendly" idiot in Daishi came a because he was too afraid to actually expose himself to the enemy, he started shooting through me and through that damned corner of the building.

The result? My gutted 'Mech and no damage to the enemy 'Mechs. What that idiot did expect? That his bullets will magically flow through my 'Mech and that corner of the building?

I know that he is going to stay in his Tier 3, but it does not change the fact the he probably spoils the fun for everyone in his vicinity in every game he is in.

And since he's T3, that means he gets to continue playing with the T2s and T1s.

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:44 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 November 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

Until low actual damage and high team damage tank his match score. We can only hope.

Edited by Horseman, 18 November 2020 - 05:44 AM.

#11 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:20 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 November 2020 - 05:44 AM, said:

Until low actual damage and high team damage tank his match score. We can only hope.

Even then, depending on population, it probably won't matter.

Honestly, it takes just as much time and effort to sink to T5 from T3 as it does to get to T1.

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,894 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:52 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 November 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

I can not wait to see him on my team again. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users