23 replies to this topic

#21 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:52 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 22 November 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'd rather have a "Games played" meter than be rewarded for screwing over my team-mates.

I don't really care that much about psr, it's just a thing I see at the end of every match and Im a bit of a stats nerd.

If I was trying to improve my psr it would definitely have a negative effect on my team because all of the things you don't get score credit for. This just takes us down the whole rabbit hole of the crap scoring system not favoring team play.
For instance, when I get annoyed at the number of lrm boats playing I will put my light guass build on the stealth Dark Death and go harass boats. With a single light gauss 300 damage is a decent match. The thing is this low score play means their boats are constantly distracted because I'm pinging them and they don't know where its coming from. 8 damage isn't much but it builds up and they will have to deal with me.

Edited by Johny Rocket, 22 November 2020 - 07:53 AM.

#22 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 22 November 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

If I was trying to improve my psr it would definitely have a negative effect on my team because all of the things you don't get score credit for. This just takes us down the whole rabbit hole of the crap scoring system.

What kind of negative effect exactly do you think playing better would have? Noy trying to shame, just pointing out- you get a kill every few matches and have a w/l a good standard deviation below average, meaning you actively cause losses more than 1 out of 10 matches.l that would have otherwise been wins.

I can't think of any team that would rather lose than have a player providing just an average level of team utility. Don't be afraid to reflect on what you are doing and consider improvement. It is not PSRs fault that you are causing losses.

#23 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:39 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 22 November 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

What kind of negative effect exactly do you think playing better would have? Noy trying to shame, just pointing out- you get a kill every few matches and have a w/l a good standard deviation below average, meaning you actively cause losses more than 1 out of 10 matches.l that would have otherwise been wins.

I can't think of any team that would rather lose than have a player providing just an average level of team utility. Don't be afraid to reflect on what you are doing and consider improvement. It is not PSRs fault that you are causing losses.

A quick perusal of your posts shows you are one of the guys always complaining how broken the game is but then you are going to epeen using jarlslist data that is nothing but stats scraped from the broken game. Can you see why I find that hilarious?

[color=#959595]There's been no new content in 2 years, no actual patch in a year, MM is now "yeah cadets can play tier 1 groups"... what makes you think player retention isn't top priority?[/color]

You said that yesterday in another thread.

I am a casual QP player, I've never claimed to be anything else or even great at this game. But here you are with this nonsense so lets delve into it.

I don't protect my KDR. When Im the last guy alive I don't run and hide powering off in a corner I go punch them in the face. Why? because if I can't win Im just wasting people's time before they can launch again in their current mech, When a push is called for I push and have no issues being the first guy around the corner into a gun line. If Im the guy at the front when the enemy pushes I hold the line. None of this is good for your match score.
This is the most glaring case where play that negatively affects the team benefits the individual player for their epeen.

I play the objectives even though the score is almost entirely based off of damage and surviving.The score system is weighted against playing the objective in every mode except skirmish. I have seen my psr go down on a match where I single handedly gave us the win by capping but had a crap score because I only did 20 damage and died. But we won.

I play for fun which means I don't just grind meta mechs and builds to buff my stats. I try different builds and mechs constantly and that leads to dying often. I have 105 mechbays and have sold 20 mechs in the last week or so to buy and try different mechs. Bought 3 mechs just yesterday. This is actually reflected in my Jarlslist ranking if you look at more than win/loss and KDR.

#24 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 23 November 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

A quick perusal of your posts shows you are one of the guys always complaining how broken the game is but then you are going to epeen using jarlslist data that is nothing but stats scraped from the broken game. Can you see why I find that hilarious?

Yeah not sure what posts you were reading. Classic stat denier move though.

am a casual QP player, I've never claimed to be anything else or even great at this game. But here you are with this nonsense so lets delve into it.

Hands up all the "casual QP players" starting threads demanding their tier be inflated. Oh, just you?

I play for fun which means I don't just grind meta mechs and builds to buff my stats. I try different builds and mechs constantly and that leads to dying often. I have 105 mechbays and have sold 20 mec

So you play for fun, but demand to be placed at a higher tier against all the people that can actually shoot? If you are struggling so much in tier 4, why do you think you will do better at tier 1?

If you don't want to play better, then just keep playing for fun and enjoy the level you're at. If you want to get better, there's plenty of resources and people to help. Don't demand the PSR change to accommodate people who don't shoot anything though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users