27 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:17 AM

View Postil1il, on 30 November 2020 - 05:07 AM, said:

if I was to make any criticism it would be that a simple dark gray/black is not available for cbills to be used in stealth mechs. but the purple is close

This is on purpose. The principle is that the players wanting to use the jet black colour must buy MC, i.e. give PGI their cash.

#22 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:06 PM

I get what your saying. I have been playing since 2014. I have so many colors and decals and patterns. I mean probably like 75 or something. Almost all of them are from events. Although i have bought $20 mech packs alot. Probably spent a thousand dollars over the years. But thats because i have a channel
And well some mechs you have to buy. But yeah colors are
Expensive. But then again what i did when i was a fresh pilot was spend $20 one time ans buy one or two of every color in the rainbow and black hehe white too. And your set

#23 II Marauder II

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:24 AM

There is something i tripped yesterday that i think is quite important.

As a newish player i always tought ALL the colors were for MC because the default window has all the colors and most are for MC.

Only yesterday by acident i discovered there are basic colors for cbills, this makes all the difference as a new player will start tinkering with them, and get the bug to want more, and therefore buy them with MC.

I think its imperative that the default color panel be set to "basic colors" instead of "all", so that its obvious that they are for cbills the first time a players trips on them, then when tinkering they can find out all the rest for MC!

On this note the owned decal default options should be set to "all", right now its set to "new" witch shows zero decals even when you own some.

Low hanging fruit....

Edited by II Marauder II, 05 December 2020 - 07:25 AM.

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:18 AM

View PostII Marauder II, on 05 December 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

There is something i tripped yesterday that i think is quite important.

As a newish player i always tought ALL the colors were for MC because the default window has all the colors and most are for MC.

Only yesterday by acident i discovered there are basic colors for cbills, this makes all the difference as a new player will start tinkering with them, and get the bug to want more, and therefore buy them with MC.

I think its imperative that the default color panel be set to "basic colors" instead of "all", so that its obvious that they are for cbills the first time a players trips on them, then when tinkering they can find out all the rest for MC!

MC is one of PGI's sources of income. PGI needs the players to spend their cash, so PGI can finance its operation.

View PostII Marauder II, on 05 December 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

On this note the owned decal default options should be set to "all", right now its set to "new" witch shows zero decals even when you own some.

Low hanging fruit....

I agree.

#25 account redo v1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 04:03 PM

Three 20 ton mechs combine tonnage to use a gauss rifle. Or that one light mech...
Also, guys, if your ally is using a weapon like a gauss, please don't walk into their line of fire?

Three light mechs vs a heavy mech, but the heavy mech took cover. Seriously guys, 100kph at least on the engine unless you can't or have a good reason. Sure, it's nice to have that many weapons mounted, but if you're going to do close range, you need speed.

As for the price of colors, if you could paint specific sections of your mech it might be worth it.

Edited by account redo v1, 06 December 2020 - 05:43 PM.

#26 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:52 PM

I got 99% of my colours through Mech packs from the store.. So i'm not sure these days but as a whole i'd suggest buying some packs over time and you get free colours..

At least you used to.

Edited by Samial, 14 December 2020 - 08:52 PM.

#27 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 December 2020 - 11:32 PM

View PostSamial, on 14 December 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

I got 99% of my colours through Mech packs from the store.. So i'm not sure these days but as a whole i'd suggest buying some packs over time and you get free colours..

At least you used to.

Only specific packs do that. From those, the best options are Resistance II and then Origins IIC

#28 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:14 PM

View PostHorseman, on 14 December 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

Only specific packs do that. From those, the best options are Resistance II and then Origins IIC

Yes i bought both.. I think some early clan war ones gave some as well.

Edited by Samial, 15 December 2020 - 11:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users