#101 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:09 PM

View PostDialectic, on 07 December 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

My 2 cents, dropping solo into a quickplay and fighting against 3 annihilators on the other team grouped up is lots of fun.... :/

You should try dropping all pug with 3 cadets vs. a 4-man of world championship players...

Balance at its finest.

#102 Dialectic

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2020 - 08:35 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 07 December 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

You should try dropping all pug with 3 cadets vs. a 4-man of world championship players...

Balance at its finest.

I did earlier this evening. Sounds like we were in that same match. I fought those JG guys probably 5 times tonight, sucked every single time lol. But the pubs did win one.

#103 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:41 PM

View PostDialectic, on 07 December 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

My 2 cents, dropping solo into a quickplay and fighting against 3 annihilators on the other team grouped up is lots of fun.... :/

A single group can not field 3 Annihilators. If you have seen 3 Annihilator with the same unit tag (how else would you figure it's a group?) they would be sync dropping or be randomnly dropped on the same match.

#104 Dialectic

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:29 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 December 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

A single group can not field 3 Annihilators. If you have seen 3 Annihilator with the same unit tag (how else would you figure it's a group?) they would be sync dropping or be randomnly dropped on the same match.

Thanks for the clarification. Two of the annis were definitely grouped (with a bushwhacker as the third) because they were in a clan. I assumed incorrectly that the third anni was part of their group since he was rolling with them. It wasn’t fun at all fighting 3 annis in Solaris city.

#105 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:36 PM

This is definitely not a single player/groups playing together problem in my opinion. The fix should be to adjust the matchmaker to better balance players with each other in matches when the two teams are created. The player tiers should be taken into account more closely if the number of players playing permits (e.g. limiting the release valves to certain tiers per match). Mech tonnages (and if possible mech loadouts and mastery/skill point level) should somehow be in the calculation too, though I would like to have as simple mechanic as possible. For example I still mostly play QP to level mech variants and before mech is mastered the mech performance is certainly subpar. Groups need to be ranked better to support the team matching system. I also think the match scores should be developed further as sometimes the scores don't necessarily reflect the player value in the match properly.

#106 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 December 2020 - 07:35 PM

I'm a solo player i have no friends... But i do not begrudge groups playing honestly its an online game.. yeah they devastate matches because they are playing properly.. and because they are some what cohesive.

Telling groups not to play an online game seems spiteful and population destroying. Just saying. You lose a few and win a few stop being so competitive and just enjoy some stompy mechs is my opinion.

#107 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostSamial, on 11 December 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'm a solo player i have no friends... But i do not begrudge groups playing honestly its an online game.. yeah they devastate matches because they are playing properly.. and because they are some what cohesive.

Telling groups not to play an online game seems spiteful and population destroying. Just saying. You lose a few and win a few stop being so competitive and just enjoy some stompy mechs is my opinion.

Once again, it's not just about good groups. Its about groups, good or bad, breaking the matchmaker because PGI is incapable of properly allocating skill between teams when groups are in play. This results in reduced match quality and drives players away.

Groups can have a group queue with solo opt-in for people who don't care and want faster matchmaking. But PGI believes that solos are so against playing with groups that they wouldn't bother to actually opt-in. So they decided to force them to. How is that in any way good for player population? (Narrator - "It isn't")

#108 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 December 2020 - 11:01 AM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 11 December 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Groups can have a group queue with solo opt-in for people who don't care and want faster matchmaking. But PGI believes that solos are so against playing with groups that they wouldn't bother to actually opt-in. So they decided to force them to. How is that in any way good for player population? (Narrator - "It isn't")

If there's one thing history has taught us it's that if you force people to do things your way they'll surely see the errors of their ways...

#109 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:14 AM

View PostD A T A, on 03 December 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

mommy, please, stop people from playing as a group in a game that is DESIGNED on groups and collaboration between players......because i suck and i want the game to be adapted to me rather than getting better and improving like a normal person would do.

Perhaps you have not noticed, but there have been three game modes specially DESIGNED FOR GROUPS:
1. Group Queue - died due to the lack of interest
2. Faction Play - zombie without players
3. Solaris 7 - empty village

Obviously, the majority of MWO players has been okay with dropping solo most of the time, as the existence of the casual Solo Queue proved because it was the only MWO game mode with some life in it left.

View PostRickySpanish, on 03 December 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

Haven't you heard? Teamplay is SO 90s. The modern gamer will do everything in their power to play, yet NOT interact, with other players. This is the age of the Massively Single-player Online Game. Ask players to organize themselves? No. They'd rather hug their unicorn blankets and cat ears and cry and moan until someone else fixes the problem.

The fact that three quarters of MWO dedicated to the groups are empty, while the only part dedicated to the solo casual players still works, should serve as a clue whether the MWO players want to organize themselves into groups.

Even PGI admitted tacitly that the majority of MWO players wants to play solo, instead of creating groups or being mixed with groups.

#110 SoulBinder

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:37 AM

Although MWO is one of my favorite games I had to move on last year since I effectively couldn't play it with my brother. Can a duo join up now without hour long plus delays?

#111 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostSoulBinder, on 13 December 2020 - 08:37 AM, said:

Although MWO is one of my favorite games I had to move on last year since I effectively couldn't play it with my brother. Can a duo join up now without hour long plus delays?

Yes. Queue times are in the scale of a few minutes.

#112 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:13 AM

I remember they did an 8 vs 8 for premade groups, and still had FP... Seems like it was successful, don't know though... Bring back the 8 vs 8, made some modifications to 12 vs 12 QP, and the FP stuff... Yeah, something needs to be done, as the game is getting a bit stale.

What I actually hate about the groups in QP, is they are restricted to lances. I was hoping that, the groups would be all on the same team, but, drop in appropriate lances as we all did before the addition of grouping. This in and of itself, may fix current issues.

#113 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:05 PM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 13 December 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

I remember they did an 8 vs 8 for premade groups, and still had FP... Seems like it was successful, don't know though... Bring back the 8 vs 8, made some modifications to 12 vs 12 QP, and the FP stuff... Yeah, something needs to be done, as the game is getting a bit stale.

What I actually hate about the groups in QP, is they are restricted to lances. I was hoping that, the groups would be all on the same team, but, drop in appropriate lances as we all did before the addition of grouping. This in and of itself, may fix current issues.

if they ever go back to 8v8 the game is dead. 8v8 in QP would be abysmal....absolutely abysmal.

or at least give the MM some minutes to put together a 12v12 and if it can't make an 8v8 to get it moving.

I have NO PROBLEMS just sitting t here waiting for a game to get 12v12. Anything less and the game would be garbage.

Edited by Bigbacon, 15 December 2020 - 06:06 PM.

#114 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:09 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 December 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

no but they can break the MM by dropping in 3 of something and the other side gets gimped on weight because the MM sucked. Everytime I see a 4 man group on the other side, its abysmal match for us. If I get 4 on my team its abysmal match for us. Had one today, match was over in under 3 minutes. guess what, the group dominated BOTH teams. No one else really got to play. we waited longer in queue than we got to play. that is NOT FUN no matter what team you were on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users