#21 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:39 PM

View PostCherge, on 09 December 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

As it stands, T1 basically means nothing, so I say it makes no difference either way.

Even a half bad t1 would murder most t5 customers.

#22 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 December 2020 - 11:45 PM

View PostSamial, on 14 December 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Even a half bad t1 would murder most t5 customers.

I'm T4/T3 (bouncing) and I can charge 6+ cadets solo and kill 3+ of them with no cover and half of them shooting me in the back.

Most of them have an accuracy rate of below 20% and the reaction time of a slug. I've watched people take 3-5 seconds to stare at enemies in front of them and only then would they react, swing their weapons in the general direction, overshoot because Sensitivity 10 and miss everything.

Aside from blasting unsuspecting light mechs in the back with my Scorch, they're an easy source of solo kills.

Edited by Elizander, 14 December 2020 - 11:48 PM.

#23 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:45 AM

View PostElizander, on 14 December 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

Most of them have an accuracy rate of below 20% and the reaction time of a slug. I've watched people take 3-5 seconds to stare at enemies in front of them and only then would they react, swing their weapons in the general direction, overshoot because Sensitivity 10 and miss .

A lot of people start out with a joystick or HOTAS. It is a distinctive pattern of aiming that stands out when spectating, not just because they miss constantly.

I get there's a handful of good players that make a joystick work... but there should be a warning that it's a terrible idea on login.

#24 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:21 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 15 December 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

I get there's a handful of good players that make a joystick work... but there should be a warning that it's a terrible idea on login.

There's other, more serious, issues that should take precedent if we start displaying warnings when players login.

The most serious of which would cause players to logout or advocate doing so.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 15 December 2020 - 11:22 AM.

#25 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:12 PM

View PostElizander, on 14 December 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

I'm T4/T3 (bouncing) and I can charge 6+ cadets solo and kill 3+ of them with no cover and half of them shooting me in the back.

Most of them have an accuracy rate of below 20% and the reaction time of a slug. I've watched people take 3-5 seconds to stare at enemies in front of them and only then would they react, swing their weapons in the general direction, overshoot because Sensitivity 10 and miss everything.

Aside from blasting unsuspecting light mechs in the back with my Scorch, they're an easy source of solo kills.

I think a lot of customers have high dpi mice which is actually detrimental imo.

#26 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:18 PM

View PostSamial, on 15 December 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

I think a lot of customers have high dpi mice which is actually detrimental imo.

The trick is that MWO's default setting for mouse sensitivity is set to 1.0.

With a medium to high DPI mouse, the setting you actually want is 0.1. With a low DPI mouse you might want to go as high as 0.2.

This is a massive problem for new players or even some old players who have never been told.

#27 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:38 PM

Lol, so PGI moved cadets to Tier 5. That's a good thing. But now look over at my player info to the left of my post. You'll see my Tier level. Prior to the reset, I was Tier 1 (about 98% player). Then I was Tier 3, but I haven't played a game since April when they merged queues, so I've stayed in Tier 3. Today I noticed I'm now Tier 5. Whoopsie. Looks like PGI stuck their **** in the blender again.

Just imagine if I was to start playing again with a Tier 5 ranking and a full suite of fully skilled meta mechs. Up against Tier 5 players and new cadets. How can they botch this stuff so bad??? I'm still not playing until the merge is undone, but I would imagine there will be more than a few people taking advantage of this. SMH.

#28 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:00 AM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 15 December 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

Lol, so PGI moved cadets to Tier 5. That's a good thing. But now look over at my player info to the left of my post. You'll see my Tier level. Prior to the reset, I was Tier 1 (about 98% player). Then I was Tier 3, but I haven't played a game since April when they merged queues, so I've stayed in Tier 3. Today I noticed I'm now Tier 5. Whoopsie. Looks like PGI stuck their **** in the blender again.

Just imagine if I was to start playing again with a Tier 5 ranking and a full suite of fully skilled meta mechs. Up against Tier 5 players and new cadets. How can they botch this stuff so bad??? I'm still not playing until the merge is undone, but I would imagine there will be more than a few people taking advantage of this. SMH.

itll take you like a day to climb away from t5. Absolutely insigficant of a problem.

#29 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:03 AM

Wouldn't take many 1600 damage, 10 kill games toget you out of T5
Would it?
Posted Image

#30 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:13 AM

Take a look at the 2nd bullet.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 December 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

• New Players will start in TIer 5 (900 PSR).
  • Players who have less than 25 games will have adjustments to their PSR to reflect the new PSR starting point

#31 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:02 PM

PSR is stupid anyway. it is easily manipulated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users