Add Bonuses To Psr Ranking For Securing The Win

2 replies to this topic

#1 THOR 2-0

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:43 AM

Continue rewarding team members for their achievements in the match (zero sum) - but please, for the love of A. Kerensky, please add bonuses that ensure that pilots who helped secure the win get at least an equals or higher. This will perhaps require new/extra metrics for:
  • Base capping that pulled key enemy mechs out of the firefight
  • Distractions/harassment of the enemy that resulted in team kills/kmdds ("ok, they're turning around and exposing back armor... now")
  • Boosted incentives for narc-ing and tagging
  • Boosted spotting points
  • A small bonus for team voice comms usage - dock the players who don't communicate at all (perhaps a running tally, and dock them if they don't use comms for 10 matches).
  • A high density of low-tier teammates or a large ratio of high to low tier (considering both sides as well as inter-team) should result in a less harsh negative ranking, both for the majority of low-tier players and the high tier players stuck with low tier noobs. This will start to address the "ELO hell" issues MWO currently seems to have.
  • Bonus for destroying a much higher tier player
On the flip side of this, to further incentivize these "securing the win" metrics - dock losing team members for focusing on damage and not the win. There are too many players ranking up and not caring about wins/positioning/teamwork. I get why they do this, and I personally find it really annoying to have to play an assault constantly in order to rank upward regardless of win/loss - the risk of playing a light or support mech should not be so high if one's efforts secured the win. Damage farming should not be allowed to detract from the tactical aspects of this awesome game.

Players: Please respond with thoughtful constructive criticism/ideas.
PGI: Thank you for your consideration of this feedback.

#2 Erik Ouzbel

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:28 AM

• Base capping that pulled key enemy mechs out of the firefight
  • Kinda hard to account for given I see people flounder out of firefights even when not capping
  • Distractions/harassment of the enemy that resulted in team kills/kmdds ("ok, they're turning around and exposing back armor... now")
  • See my point above.
  • Boosted incentives for narc-ing and tagging
  • Sounds good
  • Boosted spotting points
  • Sure. Don't think I see anyone spotting in my matches, or even how the mechanic goes
  • A small bonus for team voice comms usage - dock the players who don't communicate at all (perhaps a running tally, and dock them if they don't use comms for 10 matches).
  • No. The majority of people don't use or have mics despite what the speaker says they do. It also penalizes the occasional deaf players I've seen that have a special badge because they're verified deaf.
  • A high density of low-tier teammates or a large ratio of high to low tier (considering both sides as well as inter-team) should result in a less harsh negative ranking, both for the majority of low-tier players and the high tier players stuck with low tier noobs. This will start to address the "ELO hell" issues MWO currently seems to have.
  • In theory. I'm somehow still tier 3 with a kda of 0.38.
  • Bonus for destroying a much higher tier player
  • If you're good enough, and get it constantly, that should be rewarded.
[color=#CCCCCC]
[color=#959595]On the flip side of this, to further incentivize these "securing the win" metrics - dock losing team members for focusing on damage and not the win. There are too many players ranking up and not caring about wins/positioning/teamwork. I get why they do this, and I personally find it really annoying to have to play an assault constantly in order to rank upward regardless of win/loss - the risk of playing a light or support mech should not be so high if one's efforts secured the win. Damage farming should not be allowed to detract from the tactical aspects of this awesome game.[/color][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]
Agreed. I have had people yell at me for capping points securing the win instead of shooting the enemy. If the point is to capture the base to win, I capture the base, even if it lowers my ranking.[/color]

#3 account redo v1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:15 AM

Maybe also a bonus for disabling ecm with ppcs, tag, narc. If you disable it for at least 5 seconds you get the cbill and psr bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users