17 replies to this topic

#1 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:01 PM

HI to who ever.
i am watching as pilots come back or new pilots start, that-- the amount of pilots is going down, i can tell because i have played thru BETA, i have a very large friends list.
this whole new TIER LEVEL thing is bigger then you think or as the top ten will tell you, that got it changed, Pilots really do see it as LEVELING a mark, to better things, TIER level really is in many minds LEVELING,
NOT just a way you let the best play the best, i am hoping are new manager, will try to to bring it back to even, there is no middle ground, i you have the stats, i bet there not much of a RANK 2 tier level i been asking,
Would love a comment, i find when i drop fast, its more going to be a losing for me, and when i wait 3 mins, i get a better players, and i may go up in TIER level, being solo player, many think its joke.

SAWK

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:17 PM

There is so many ways PGI could approach it. Remember though, PGI originally set up the PSR/Tier so that a majority of the player base could eventually reach Tier 1. Those who are constanting racking up the Matchscores and WLR move very quickly in a hundred or two games, while there were players with an overall 177 MS and 0.83 WLR reaching Tier 1 after playing 10s of thousands of games.

And PGI uses Tiers to match players. That player with 177 MS but with 30k games and that 0.83 WLR would be considered bottom league while facing off against a player with avg 350MS and a 2+ greater WLR. That alone is not fair to anyone, one gets their face smashed in while the other one is not being challenged, ie god-mode, which can get tiring.

Regardless of what stats the MM uses to form teams, Tiers should be changed to something else, this isnt about leveling up from level 1 to level 100, this is military rating, and Battletech/Mechwarrior uses the following to rank players/units, why doesnt PGI?

Elite
Veteran
Regular
Militia (Militia and Green could be switched.)
Green

But right now, the zero-sum PSR is not community based, it is per drop based. At the end of the game the players are ranked against each other, both friendly and the opponent, with friendly having a slight modifier to it.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 December 2020 - 06:19 PM.

#3 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:09 PM

OP I used to keep track for awhile but I gave up

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would say in the last 6 months I see a bunch of new players (how many new players have joining vs old players leaving that is the million dollar question)

since the PSR reset the game is not fun to me
its like the timber wolf you might get a high score but its not fun

my finger hovers over the play button then my finger hovers over the drop button
always wondering if game play will suck or not or if I have a good hard fight and I am rewarded with 75K C-bills for my efforts

its a strange MWO world

Edited by Davegt27, 05 December 2020 - 04:00 PM.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:00 PM

Merge queue may have something to do with the numbers going down.
Outrageous
Posted Image

#5 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:55 PM

well good answers, hoping they improve the drops, seem to do ok when i have to wait for a drop like a minute, i get better players, and i can score those high match scores, i been getting dropped as soon i hit the button, and its crazy land, if your the only guy hitting anyone your target 1,
I have also seen the total run over, like who let the pro team in my little tier 4 match, hmm pretty sure i am playing in worst time zone 7PM to 10PM eastern US time, but i can not change that, used to love running some crazy like LBX 2 vomit, and ripping folks apart at 7am SAT morning, but i am stuck here, with my 2-3 hour window.
Has anyone else seen there drops take twist like that, someone keeps moving the goal post on me, and being solo, i guess its back to being EVIL stealthy, and stealing what a can, like scumbag, and hoping they stop changing things.

SAWK

#6 Erik Ouzbel

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:26 AM

The tiers don't make any sense. If they're meant to be by skill level, Sawk has a higher match score then I do, but he's one tier lower. Same with the W/L ratio, and almost double K/DA than what I have comparing current season numbers. In many other multiplayer games, the rank resets after a season so people can reach tier 1 / diamond / etc fairly quickly again if they're good, but not so much if they haven't played in ages or got lucky last season. I'm lucky if I break 175 in a light or 250 in a heavy.

#7 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:01 AM

I've had a team that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn which is fine since I also fight enemies like that. I still see people wiggling with max sensitivity. It wouldn't kill PGI to make the clients default sensitivity set to 3/10.

As long as the games pop relatively quickly I guess it's okay, but there are times when I couldn't get a game on an Assault mech which is annoying.

Edited by Elizander, 07 December 2020 - 01:03 AM.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:11 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 04 December 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

Merge queue may have something to do with the numbers going down.
Outrageous
Posted Image

It likely needed to be merged, the failure was the route taken by PGI, if not initially then lack of any serious follow up, in a similar manner that had happen with CW/FP, became stagnant. PGI merged the solo queue into the group queue, they did not merge the group queue into the solo queue.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 07 December 2020 - 08:19 AM

View PostErik Ouzbel, on 07 December 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

The tiers don't make any sense. If they're meant to be by skill level, Sawk has a higher match score then I do, but he's one tier lower. Same with the W/L ratio, and almost double K/DA than what I have comparing current season numbers. In many other multiplayer games, the rank resets after a season so people can reach tier 1 / diamond / etc fairly quickly again if they're good, but not so much if they haven't played in ages or got lucky last season. I'm lucky if I break 175 in a light or 250 in a heavy.

Sure they do - Sawk has played lots of games, so his PSR has probably stabilized more than yours. Another explanation could be that you are "OK" in t3, but dramatically better than players in t4. If you were in t4 going by that argument, you would see stats higher than Sawk's, and eventually climb back into t3 where your stats would stabilize.

#10 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:01 AM

PSR Tier is garbage, just ignore it.

#11 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts
  • LocationRear-View Camera

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:53 AM

View PostElizander, on 07 December 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

I've had a team that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn which is fine since I also fight enemies like that. I still see people wiggling with max sensitivity. It wouldn't kill PGI to make the clients default sensitivity set to 3/10.

As long as the games pop relatively quickly I guess it's okay, but there are times when I couldn't get a game on an Assault mech which is annoying.

I have a mouse with selectable sensitivity levels that I turn down to nearly 0 while playing.

The fact that PGI never implemented separate mouse sensitivity for menus and in-game says a lot about their incompetence as game developers.

Edited by himself, 07 December 2020 - 09:54 AM.

#12 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:45 AM

View Posthimself, on 07 December 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

The fact that PGI never implemented separate mouse sensitivity for menus and in-game says a lot about their incompetence as game developers.

What are you talking about? I have my in game sensitivity set to absolute minimum but my mouse movement in mech bay matches my operating system desktop mouse movements just fine.

Edited by Gagis, 07 December 2020 - 10:45 AM.

#13 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:33 PM

WOW i think i need to write book on setting your mouse level to the lowest, its in the game settings guys, i also would suggest the the guys that miss alot, has to do with there elbow, interfering with there wrist, i stable my elbow on a chair arm, when ready to shoot i leen on my arm, and locks it, no wooble on the mouse, or my wrist, and they take the full shot. give it a try.
anyway we are getting off the topic, last few nights i been waiting again, and my PSR was 224 and yesterday was 315 avg and the monthly at 204, and more then likely will push up to 235 or so PSR/match score, and i'll start the dead drops again, i have been staying with a timerwolf and a madcat 2, and few rides with Medium, not sure why this pattern shows up other then PGI making changes, does seem to happen right when i get ready to go over tier 3 also, and then 15 20 matchs in row, right back to my starting point, odd thing is i do not seem to be able to go below 4.6 weird, oh kills keep rising, headshot count is moving up, if i can not be above TIER 3, then i will work on the 100 head shots.

SAWK

#14 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:24 PM

View PostErik Ouzbel, on 07 December 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

The tiers don't make any sense. If they're meant to be by skill level, Sawk has a higher match score then I do, but he's one tier lower. Same with the W/L ratio, and almost double K/DA than what I have comparing current season numbers.

We've had this discussion previously. His stats are against tier 5-3, median opponent tier 4. Lower tier matches have a higher score potential as people spread damage more, and there is a lot more potato farming on offer.

Tier 1 matches will generally have lower total damage and match score pools as people tend to hit CT more, and there's fewer potatoes to farm. Once cadets are removed from tier 1 match pool, the potato farming potential will drop even further.

PSR shift is based on performance relative to people in that match. Not relative to population averages.

#15 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:48 PM

ok crazytimes, i have been following you and horseman, on the leaderboard, you are very steady, in 250 to 270 range on average so is horseman, so my question is are playing with some friends, are using voice, like discord, or teamspeak. i have been mostly not using those, and using the in game.
Just to let you know, i still see some tier 1 guys, its not very often, its easy to know, just ask them, some are pretty good at saying yes lets just win this, hmm so i only playing tier 3 to 5, and i am scoring 50% of my games above 300 match score, and 20% above 400, its the drops where i see no groups, no teams, all solo guys, that i hit the wall,
well anyway i know you don"t have the IQ i have, but there seems to be CAP it the 250, match score, i think i will need to get you guys that link, if only i had not played, that first week,------- hmm maybe i see building a team

SAWK

#16 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:52 PM

View PostSawk, on 09 December 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

ok crazytimes, i have been following you and horseman, on the leaderboard, you are very steady, in 250 to 270 range on average so is horseman, so my question is are playing with some friends, are using voice, like discord, or teamspeak. i have been mostly not using those, and using the in game.

I have played maybe 1% of my games in a group. +99% solo QP drops.

well anyway i know you don"t have the IQ i have, but there seems to be CAP it the 250, match score, i think i will need to get you guys that link, if only i had not played, that first week,------- hmm maybe i see building a team

You tier really doesn't matter by an measurement except your own value on it. If you want to play with better people, get better, and tier will move up. If you're having fun with what you're doing, then keep on keeping on.

Match score only matters for tier movement relative to the current match you're in. I just got an up arrow with a 240MS on a losing team- it was a 1-12 wipe, my team mates did literally almost nothing, I got a solo on the only kill. No enemy had a massive game, it was just an easy wipe for them, so average match scores were low, and 240 was enough to go up. If you want to go up, aim to be better than the people in your match, not aiming for a particular score.

#17 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 07:32 AM

View PostSawk, on 09 December 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

...well anyway i know you don"t have the IQ i have..

Perhaps (sarcastic font) and you don't have Crazy Times Tier
Posted Image
Don't forget your spread sheet

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 10 December 2020 - 07:33 AM.

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:37 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 04 December 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

OP I used to keep track for awhile but I gave up

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would say in the last 6 months I see a bunch of new players (how many new players have joining vs old players leaving that is the million dollar question)

since the PSR reset the game is not fun to me
its like the timber wolf you might get a high score but its not fun

my finger hovers over the play button then my finger hovers over the drop button
always wondering if game play will suck or not or if I have a good hard fight and I am rewarded with 75K C-bills for my efforts

its a strange MWO world

I took another screen shot since the ones above are a few years old

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users