The Community Balance Gulag, Do We Want It?

2 replies to this topic

Poll: The community balance gulag, do we want it? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to atleast test it in a PTS?

1. Yes (23 votes [92.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.00%

2. No (2 votes [8.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

Do you want the changes?

1. Yes (21 votes [84.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.00%

2. No (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:09 AM

https://www.dropbox....AG_v2.pptx?dl=0

Our latest townhall turned up...well a big giant nothing really, lots of questions, but the answers were mostly...Sure. Can be done. Maybe. Thinking about it. And the big one....Depends on feedback. So lets get some feedback, on the official forums, on one of the hot topics.

Making the game more fun for everyone. Getting back to the way things were, with some flair.

There is a link to the presentation. Within is a very well thought out list of changes that are easy for PGI to do (very easy, just the weapon changes I could do myself in a matter of minutes, not including engine cooking time of course).
It is not designed to be taken in pieces, its all or nothing. One section of it will not work without the other.

Please, read it all over, start to finish, and think about it. THEN respond to the poll.
If you are iffy on one change, consider how that change will interact with others suggested.

I.E. Sure big mechs have better agility, light mechs can also obtain more armor than they could from the skill tree.

Sure there are LRM nerfs, theres also velocity and a minimum range reduction node.

At the very least, we should test it. Get PGI to get it done, and throw it out there on a PTS.
See if it works. All they have to do here is plug in some numbers. Hell, someones likely already got a test pack of this done themselves that they could email to pgi lmao.

We need some real, easy measurable feedback here. What gets done is all on us.
Lets stop being so divided and make some **** happen.

#2 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:22 PM

If the PTS changes actually made a difference i'm all for it.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:37 PM

I'm for it. Sadly I doubt PGI is. Giving in to what the players want would hurt their egos, and imply that they aren't omniscient and perfect in every way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users