34 replies to this topic

#21 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:25 AM

All I know is that if MW5 had Keanu in it I'd probably be playing it right now...

#22 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:45 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 16 December 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

All I know is that if MW5 had Keanu in it I'd probably be playing it right now...

He dose a really good job too in CP2077

#23 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:53 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 16 December 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

Dude, they had voice of Adam Jensen there, and he's just an unmoving statue. And while Keanu is leagues of step further admittedly, I am more concerned of improper utilization.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:23 PM

ive said it elsewhere, but if pgi has little confidence in their product, how are we, the customer, supposed to have any? people who like mechwarrior are older, long time fans of the franchise with disposable income. and those people will buy anything within reason and nothing stops them from buying 2 games instead of one. my game purchases mostly revolve around when i have disposable income and i buy something of my very short wish list. i get that you are trying to attract the everygamer, but don't screw over your primary fanbase to get them.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 December 2020 - 05:28 PM.

#25 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

I wouldn't care what Russ does with his money. Don't really see how it has any correlation to MW:5 and PGI's choice of going with EGS. With that being said, I'm not on the hype bandwagon with Cyberpunk 2077 either. My first flag was when they hired Keanu Reeves to sponsor it, like how hard NRS marketed MK11 with Linda Rousey. Learned my lesson there the hard way with that pre order, and it'll probably be the last pre order that I'll ever make with triple A developer ever again.

#26 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:05 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 16 December 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

I wouldn't care what Russ does with his money. Don't really see how it has any correlation to MW:5 and PGI's choice of going with EGS. With that being said, I'm not on the hype bandwagon with Cyberpunk 2077 either. My first flag was when they hired Keanu Reeves to sponsor it, like how hard NRS marketed MK11 with Linda Rousey. Learned my lesson there the hard way with that pre order, and it'll probably be the last pre order that I'll ever make with triple A developer ever again.

Its a really good game that needed a little more time in the oven. They were damned if they pushed back the release data and well damn if the game was not done. People would have bin mad no mater what they did no win really.

#27 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 17 December 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

Its a really good game that needed a little more time in the oven. They were damned if they pushed back the release data and well damn if the game was not done. People would have bin mad no mater what they did no win really.

I don't think anyone really minds a push back for development. Sure, it generates salt but that's what happen when you miss deadlines in life.

The problem is MW5 wasn't being pushed back to "develop the game", during the first push back they moved to Epic...
And now they're pushing back the release on GoG/Steam due to "CyberPunk" when in reality they're signing a deal with EG7.

That's not "damned if you do", that's a bait-and-switch.

#28 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 17 December 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

I don't think anyone really minds a push back for development. Sure, it generates salt but that's what happen when you miss deadlines in life.

The problem is MW5 wasn't being pushed back to "develop the game", during the first push back they moved to Epic...
And now they're pushing back the release on GoG/Steam due to "CyberPunk" when in reality they're signing a deal with EG7.

Yea that was pretty shady

#29 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:32 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 17 December 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

On that bait-and-switch-bandwagon again, now are ye? The release date has been pushed back by the developer for a couple of reasons, not only the release of another game.
From Wikipedia: The intention of the bait-and-switch is to encourage purchases of substituted goods, making consumers satisfied with the available stock offered, as an alternative to a disappointment or inconvenience of acquiring no goods (or bait) at all, and reckoning on a seemingly partial recovery of sunk costs expended trying to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.
So, what product have you bought that has not been delivered upon? Cut the salt. Delays happen.

#30 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 12:56 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 December 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

So, what product have you bought that has not been delivered upon? Cut the salt. Delays happen.

Seriously? I think he meant this.

the ploy of offering a person something desirable to gain favor (such as political support) then thwarting expectations with something less desirable

https://www.merriam-...%20and%20switch

Ask the founders, they didn't get the MWO they paid for.

Likewise the backers last year that preordered that isn't Epic Exclusive. You know, it's going to hype us for the immediate future, only to be really be released in the distant future.

"Refunded" Oh please,******* spare us. It is ******* bait and switch.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 18 December 2020 - 01:07 AM.

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:45 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 18 December 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

Ask the founders, they didn't get the MWO they paid for.

Likewise the backers last year that preordered that isn't Epic Exclusive. You know, it's going to hype us for the immediate future, only to be really be released in the distant future.

"Refunded" Oh please,******* spare us. It is ******* bait and switch.

This has nothing to do with the delay of the Steam/GoG/XBox Release of MW5 and the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC.

#32 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:52 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 18 December 2020 - 01:45 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with the delay of the Steam/GoG/XBox Release of MW5 and the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC.

Dude, I still can't play MW5 on GoG or Steam, and major part of that is the EGS deal. You can excuse it all you like, but as far as I'm concerned the result is the same, this delay is just an extension of the EGS deal and right now it's practically a 1.2 to 1.4 year exclusivity deal at this point, the deal that should have only been for a year.

Maybe PGI can ask 1.1M to 1.7M for this delay.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 18 December 2020 - 05:58 AM.

#33 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:08 AM

Russ knows the quality of his product. Why would he waste his time on it when someone else offers a much better quality product? If I had a choice for transportation between an F-350 or a bike I'd go with the F-350.

#34 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:03 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 20 December 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Russ knows the quality of his product. Why would he waste his time on it when someone else offers a much better quality product? If I had a choice for transportation between an F-350 or a bike I'd go with the F-350.

Because Russ makes money from every MW5 sale.

This isn't about having a choice between a bike and an F-350. If you sold bikes for a living and had the choice would you sell someone a bike or suggest they go somewhere else and buy a truck.

#35 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 12:23 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 20 December 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

Because Russ makes money from every MW5 sale.

This isn't about having a choice between a bike and an F-350. If you sold bikes for a living and had the choice would you sell someone a bike or suggest they go somewhere else and buy a truck.

Well in that scenario, there's different needs why one would sell a bike and a truck.

I would argue that actual scenario would be someone selling cake, only to be eating some competing brand's cake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users