Psr Formula Woes

7 replies to this topic

#1 J5P332

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:55 PM

I have to say that the PSR system is super disappointing. I am lower T3. My own fault for taking an extended break from playing. Granting that a loss is a loss: I get 3 killing blows, forget how many assists, a 376 match score, 475 damage, <600 damage taken in a super soft legend killer after spending every bit of ammo then face tanking to occupy a big target and that's still a negative PSR change from lower T3? Why does the model punish so badly for dropping with a bad group when you have decently productive damage and clearly don't have the worst ever round as a pilot? I've had wins on performance marginal compared to that. It's really frustrating. I know there isn't an easy solution but there has to be a way to make it better. PILOT skill rating, not PUG rating.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:17 PM

376 is not negative PSR, screenshot plz?

#3 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,831 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:24 PM

Team damage?

#4 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:12 PM

I can't quite make out the situation from your screenshots. Because there are none. These threads are pointless without screenshots because PSR calculation is your performance compared to the other 23 players in the match.

So here's some of mine from a match I just had that I recorded. I skipped to the scorecard in my recording before it finished totally the rewards, but you get the idea. My team got roflstomped, but I got a PSR up still.

Does this help you? Well, it shows you that firstly screenshots are possible and secondly, it's perfectly reasonable to be on a losing side and still go up.Indeed if your team gets stomped, you have a lower benchmark to surpass to get above average and go PSR up.

Posted Image[/color]

Posted Image

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:36 PM

Most games I'd usually need higher match score to gain PSR, especially when I have players in the game dealing close to 800-900 damage.

If I'm lucky and all of us are idiots, I'll get +PSR with sub 400 damage, but it's super rare. For the most part, I need like 450-500 damage just to either break even or go up in PSR when I'm in T3. When I'm inT4 it goes up much easier because derpland.

I just did the light event today (get 500 damage in a light) and I was just barely on T3. I lost like 4 games on lights dealing 100-150 damage per game with the last one dealing 300. Lost PSR on all of them and dropped to T4. I wanted to play an LRM55 Archer and lost the first game and dropped even more. Then I got a good game where I got near 800 damage by facetank lurming the enemy with my lance and I'm back to T3. Go figure. 3 enemy mechs shooting me while I stood there lurming them cause they were too dumb to walk within 180m when they were at 300m.

T4 really is the easy life.

Edited by Elizander, 15 December 2020 - 10:38 PM.

#6 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:30 AM

Don't even worry about PSR, just have fun. its a silly thing to worry about.

#7 J5P332

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:52 PM

Crazytimes, I would very happily provide screen caps. I took them but I guess the client discarded them. I’ll look again, but your tone is unwarranted. Perhaps condescension makes you feel better. That’s possible too.

Bigbacon I agree to an extent, but I’d like to play with better players more regularly so that coordination and communication in matches is better so that I can learn and build my skills. I’m certainly not going to take my ball and go home if I drop into T4, though.

I think 16 was the most team damage I had in any round that day.

Thanks for the input everyone ☺️ And I’ll definitely include screenshots next time I feel the need to comment

#8 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:58 PM

Its pretty arbitrary and raw dmg is overvalued. For example, I'll often play a mech with LRMs or LBX's and sandblast someone, easily breaking 500dmg and rank up without getting any kills. And then i'll play a PPC mech and get 3 kills with 350dmg done and rank down.

Now what's interesting is it seems AMS dmg actually counts for a lot. When I play my Jester with 2x AMS, i pretty much always rank up. Even on losses, and often with dmg done in the 300's, because I'll also have several hundred missile kills. And I've played a kitfox with 3x AMS and ranked up with under 200dmg dealt, but 500+ AMS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users