So It Looks Like Cadets Aren't The Only Ones Starting In Tier 5 Now...

17 replies to this topic

#1 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:43 PM

Haven't played since the merge happened. Dropped to Tier 3 with the reset. Today I noticed I'm now Tier 5. Meaningless for me, but think what this means for cadets. Why would a 98% player with a bunch of fully skilled meta mechs ever be in Tier 5 short of a full playerbase reset that starts everyone in Tier 5?

Were I inclined to salt the earth of MWO, how much havoc could I wreak if I started playing again? (don't worry, I'm not unless they unmerge the queues, but I'm sure there will be more than a few that do).

I thought they were starting cadets in Tier 5, but it appears someone in the programming department did a more global change. Then again, is anyone really surprised? I'm sure they'll get everything figured out next year when they start improving the game again.......

#2 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:06 AM

That's actually pretty funny. I suspect instead of doing the "tier 5 if less than 25 games total" they did "tier 5 if less than 25 games since reset". Because that makes perfect sense to... someone.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:16 AM

2nd bullet. You'd be T3 in as little as 3 matches. This could be achieved under the old PSR system. You might get there even faster now.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 December 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

• New Players will start in TIer 5 (900 PSR).
  • Players who have less than 25 games will have adjustments to their PSR to reflect the new PSR starting point

#4 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:33 AM

I'm now in tier 5,think i was in t2 or 3 before I came back yesterday.
Really not that fussed.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:53 AM

So you were inactive between june 30 and yesterday. If you can muster the skills, you should be in your appropriate tier in no time. Enjoy the easier opponents while settling Posted Image

#6 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:37 AM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 15 December 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

Haven't played since the merge happened. Dropped to Tier 3 with the reset. Today I noticed I'm now Tier 5. Meaningless for me, but think what this means for cadets. Why would a 98% player with a bunch of fully skilled meta mechs ever be in Tier 5 short of a full playerbase reset that starts everyone in Tier 5?

Were I inclined to salt the earth of MWO, how much havoc could I wreak if I started playing again? (don't worry, I'm not unless they unmerge the queues, but I'm sure there will be more than a few that do).

I thought they were starting cadets in Tier 5, but it appears someone in the programming department did a more global change. Then again, is anyone really surprised? I'm sure they'll get everything figured out next year when they start improving the game again.......

make silly mech builds and play. don't use the meta mechs.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:29 AM

I do love the threads made by guys who proudly declare they don't actually play the game. Really contributes a lot to this otherwise glorious place.

#8 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 15 December 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

Tier is meaningless now because T1 drops with T5 due to the population. For bonus points, T1 usually drops in groups of 4 against cadets and every other solo player.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

enjoy your week of seal clubbing.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:14 PM

Sir, you must dig out a Piranha and show them the way of the machinegun.

#11 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:36 PM

wow so the guys with less then 25 matchs at the patch, are coming back to tier 5, ouch
i think its best i not say anymore, the limits on the cry engine3 maybe, if only the old system would tweaked to kickers, and changed the PSR. but that in past.

SAWK

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:02 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 16 December 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Tier is meaningless now because T1 drops with T5 due to the population. For bonus points, T1 usually drops in groups of 4 against cadets and every other solo player.

Not my experience. I made a new account after the patch for testing reasons and to run training with cadets, and I'm not seeing any of the usual names I see on my Tier 1 accounts.

#13 Cherge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:41 AM

I wouldn't worry about it, you can actually enjoy the game.

#14 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:48 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 December 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

Not my experience. I made a new account after the patch for testing reasons and to run training with cadets, and I'm not seeing any of the usual names I see on my Tier 1 accounts.

I'll add that I notice the same difference when I'm in T4 after playing derpmechs. Also T4 is way easier than T3. I keep bouncing between the two.

#15 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:55 AM

Yeah it's a big difference most of the time, the population can actually handle tier separation fairly well. Speaking from experience grinding an alt out of t3 except it feels like taking candy from babies so I rarely play it anymore.

#16 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:15 AM

Interesting, my experience is quite different. After the reset I slid down to low-T5 and have almost worked my way out of T4 and I'm regularly seeing the same top-tier players in both groups and solo. Such are the vagaries of the MM I suppose.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#17 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:22 PM

I'm still Tier 3? And I haven't played in ages, since way before even the PSR reset that put everyone in T3. I wonder how that worked out.

Some people getting sent to T5 must've been an accident then?

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 18 December 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#18 Trucker Wifey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:57 PM

I wish!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users