Analyzing Match. Cheats? Or Sh*tty Netcode?

Gameplay General Balance

63 replies to this topic

#61 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 26 December 2020 - 02:00 PM

I don't think causing threads like this is enough motivation for anyone to cheat in MWO, much less Solaris- a mode virtually no one cares about whatsoever.

Cheating has never been a big issue in MWO, most "cheating" is actually ping issues, poor optimization, or just players not understanding how to play and how they died. Think about it for a minute, what value is there in bothering to cheat in a game this old, in non-comp queues, with no money on the line, no reputation on the line, and no one watching? If you hadn't posted this, no one would even know that hamster was even a decent shot with an AC/20, and that you have bad ping and a lack of MWO understanding.

Sometimes there's actual hacking/cheating in games. In extremely rare cases, even in MWO. Most of the time you think it is however, it isn't, and the attitude of assuming anything you don't understand, anything beyond your skill level must be cheating isn't going to help you much in games or life.

#62 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:45 PM

So PGI still checks on cheaters?

#63 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:57 AM

You are actually right.. too much have been said on this. I guess the PGI can have the last word after viewing the video posted. However I think i m exeperiemced enough to give a valuable insight.
Anyways we all enjoy playing in this game and it d be only fair to play on it with the same means. That s all.

#64 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:04 AM

The only "cheaters" in Solaris are the ones that use alt accounts to trade wins with themselves lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users