What Is It People Don't Understand?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Carpenocturn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:09 PM

If you can't see a target you can't shoot it

If you don't know where the enemy is they get to move, shoot and surprise you

If you hide and hope for a miracle shot you won't get it, except if it's a miracle

Scouts, skirmish = light and medium mechs.
If you are either of these you NEED TO BE SCOUTING for the rest of the team, they don't have the mobility to do so. Running off to be a hero means killing your team.

UAV's
Everyone needs to carry and deploy these, there should always be 1 up on the enemy.

Press "R"
This shouldn't have to be in here but from cockpit view during the game it's obvious how many people just do not do this. PRESS R

Find targets.
If you don't have one you can effectively engage, go find one. "Preserving armor", "Keeping myself fresh" don't count when 5 damaged enemies gun your pristine mech down while you waited.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:16 PM

View PostCarpenocturn, on 04 December 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

If you can't see a target you can't shoot it

If you don't know where the enemy is they get to move, shoot and surprise you

If you hide and hope for a miracle shot you won't get it, except if it's a miracle

If you are either of these you NEED TO BE SCOUTING for the rest of the team, they don't have the mobility to do so. Running off to be a hero means killing your team.

UAV's
Everyone needs to carry and deploy these, there should always be 1 up on the enemy.

Press "R"
This shouldn't have to be in here but from cockpit view during the game it's obvious how many people just do not do this. PRESS R

Find targets.
If you don't have one you can effectively engage, go find one. "Preserving armor", "Keeping myself fresh" don't count when 5 damaged enemies gun your pristine mech down while you waited.

agree with everything except scouting. squirrels are more useful at killing assaults, carrying heavies that are hole hiding, and distracting the enemy. also squirrels with lead feet often end up not surviving to the end of the match where they are most effective. everyone should be gathering enemy movement data. a blind mech is a useless mech.

#3 Carpenocturn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:36 PM

Yah about the squirrels. A good Piranah can drag a whole company around by the nose and is really the best at clean backstabs over most other types.
Most others can skirmish and scout. Some, Raven, kitfox, can sit in the middle of a team and provide, AMS, ECM, TAG and some support fire

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:11 PM

The only scout you need is 80,000 c-bill for two uavs. Just go to the same grid every single match and let the uav do its thing. K8,L9,H9 and D5 are very popular depending on what map/mode. There's a good reason you see me using lrms on lights. People so dumb now compared to years ago.

#5 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:23 PM

i think both arguments for lites are true , it depends on the situation the trick is the team needs to be in communication about what's going on, and then there is the wolf pack, nothing is more devastating than 4 lites working together.

but what i really have a problem with, is the whole "string theory" thing, just when i'm beginning to get it, something throws off my concentration and i lose it all

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:45 PM

View PostCarpenocturn, on 04 December 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yah about the squirrels. A good Piranah can drag a whole company around by the nose and is really the best at clean backstabs over most other types.
Most others can skirmish and scout. Some, Raven, kitfox, can sit in the middle of a team and provide, AMS, ECM, TAG and some support fire

its kind of suicidal for lights to cover static teams. lights are kind of a catch 22, you need to be moving as part of your defense, but its easy to get in trouble in doing so. moving teams are better if you want lights to stick around, gives em something to do.

View PostJediPanther, on 04 December 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

The only scout you need is 80,000 c-bill for two uavs. Just go to the same grid every single match and let the uav do its thing. K8,L9,H9 and D5 are very popular depending on what map/mode. There's a good reason you see me using lrms on lights. People so dumb now compared to years ago.

its a sign of a stagnant game. were all just going through the motions. we have played the death out of every mech, map and mode. all that's left is chasing the dragon, trying to relive our long forgotten moments of glory.

#7 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:58 PM

View PostCarpenocturn, on 04 December 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yah about the squirrels. A good Piranah can drag a whole company around by the nose...

A BAD Company

Come One 12 mechs can't shoot one light mech

Sounds like a match maker issue

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:30 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 04 December 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

A BAD Company

Come One 12 mechs can't shoot one light mech

Sounds like a match maker issue

anything more than 2 or 3 mechs and you are giving the squirrel exactly what it wants, utter chaos. that many people going after one cookie are actually going to make it an even more difficult kill. and if you manage to pull it off it would just barely make up for all the team damage.

#9 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:01 AM

Sure. I'll take my Urbie and Cougars out scouting for you. I may be behind the heavies on speed, but as long as I chant to myself "I'm a scout!!11" then I am scouting!

If you're solo in QP and think you're going to see anything but both teams go to the exact same point and then rotate about it then you haven't been playing long enough. Pretending all lights and mediums are 'scouts' is not really useful.

#10 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:03 AM

Many thinking its a Mobile Game like Raid -Shadow legends :D

#11 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:16 AM

Most maps are so small scoutings not that big deal mostly

Unless lock leaching

So again not that big a deal

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 05 December 2020 - 01:17 AM.

#12 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:56 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 05 December 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

Most maps are so small scoutings not that big deal mostly

Unless lock leaching

So again not that big a deal

Assaults need the scouts in the early game in order to press W while headed in the correct direction- they can’t change their minds later and start heading to a different location. They will never make it.

So scouting is valuable to the team before the major shooting starts. After that the lights need to transition to squirrels and back-stabbers.

Sure, 90% of the games you can guess where the enemies will go, except in the other 10%. Also, if you don’t have scouts you don’t recognize opportunities to push the enemy when they are split or at some other local disadvantage.

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 05 December 2020 - 09:58 AM.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:07 AM

weve been playing these maps so long and we all know the one or two typical locations the enemy may go. on most maps there are only a couple possibilities anyway. and it often only takes one guy firing his jump jets once to find out. simply there is nothing to scout. if a squirrel finds an out of place assault mech he is usually fully equipped to deal with it and probably doesn't need the team's help.

for scouting to play a major role, the maps need to be larger, scouting needs to pay out more, and it needs to provide actual useful intel. mwll pulled that off excellently. c3 to share data, narc and tag which are more than just mild buffs, and you get lots of cbills for using them. if i tried to scout with lights in this game i would actively lose psr, money, and xp.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 02:11 PM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 05 December 2020 - 09:56 AM, said:

Assaults need the scouts in the early game in order to press W while headed in the correct direction- they can’t change their minds later and start heading to a different location. They will never make it.

So scouting is valuable to the team before the major shooting starts. After that the lights need to transition to squirrels and back-stabbers.

Sure, 90% of the games you can guess where the enemies will go, except in the other 10%. Also, if you don’t have scouts you don’t recognize opportunities to push the enemy when they are split or at some other local disadvantage.

Hahahahaha

NO!

I assault pilot

As soon as my assault mech drops, W is pressed before I land

So wot you say not true, or in the common tongue, Rumor and hear say

TLDR Edtion:

Your doing it wrong mang

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 05 December 2020 - 02:11 PM.

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:52 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 December 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

its kind of suicidal for lights to cover static teams. lights are kind of a catch 22, you need to be moving as part of your defense, but its easy to get in trouble in doing so. moving teams are better if you want lights to stick around, gives em something to do.

its a sign of a stagnant game. were all just going through the motions. we have played the death out of every mech, map and mode. all that's left is chasing the dragon, trying to relive our long forgotten moments of glory.

I agree. Game play is so stale. The spawn locations and dom point sure doesn't help any in that regard. Even in skirmish when I try and get teams to go to other grids like h 10 on alpine or h8-9 old terra ring of fire in the far right they'd all rather lemming off to where we've played millions time before even when that grid sucks balls.

#16 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:33 AM

View PostCarpenocturn, on 04 December 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

EVERYONE needs to be sharing intel, not just the lights and mediums.

UAV's
Not necessary, good enough tactical awareness and intel shared by the team as a whole is more than sufficient.

Find targets.
Your armor only has value when it keeps your guns on the field and your guns only have value if they're firing. Keeping in mind that you don't want to be losing armor by unnecessarily exposing yourself to enemy fire when closing on, and you don't want to stay in bad firepower trades.

Edited by Horseman, 06 December 2020 - 06:34 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 05 December 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

Hahahahaha

NO!

I assault pilot

As soon as my assault mech drops, W is pressed before I land

So wot you say not true, or in the common tongue, Rumor and hear say

TLDR Edtion:

Your doing it wrong mang

you dont have to be the fastest assault, you just have to be faster than the slowest assault.

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:47 PM

But.. But then my mech gets killed and i die..

#19 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:51 AM

View PostSamial, on 15 December 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

But.. But then my mech gets killed and i die..
The big idea is to be killing your enemy faster than they are killing you.

#20 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:41 AM

Lets also not forget that squirreling doesn't pay, at all. Meaning that if you want to do anything with the mechlab, you have to be shooting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users