Jump to content

When Are We Going To Get The Behemoth?


13 replies to this topic

#1 Crimsonblack

    Member

  • Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:50 PM

I've been patiently waiting for the Atlas 2 and other mechs I might not know of since I'm still technically a noob to the battletech universe, but not seeing anything new is...annoying and tedious.

I want my giant with its railcannon (a weapon to surpass Metal Gear)!

Edit: Okay, so no railcannon. That's an OP OC thing for MW4.

Edited by Crimsonblack, 03 January 2021 - 04:00 AM.


#2 FupDup

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,496 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:56 PM

The railgun is a MekTek invention for MW4 only. It's never coming to MWO, and rightfully so (double the damage of Heavy Gauss with 1200m range and still zero heat? Lolno pls).

The real Behemoth (sans railgun) is technically possible in the future, but it's highly improbable that this game will get any new content in the foreseeable future.

Edited by FupDup, 02 January 2021 - 03:58 PM.


#3 FinnMcKool

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,417 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:29 PM

technically (real world)

the Gauss is a rail gun

it uses electromagnets to move the projectile

i knew someone who was working on them in the early 80s

#4 FupDup

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,496 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:31 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 02 January 2021 - 04:29 PM, said:

technically (real world)

the Gauss is a rail gun

it uses electromagnets to move the projectile

i knew someone who was working on them in the early 80s

No, the Gauss is not a railgun. The Gauss is a coilgun. Its magnets are arranged in a coil shape kind of like a giant spring. A railgun, by contrast, has two long straight rails.

Gauss and Railguns do achieve similar results at the end of the day (magnetically-accelerated projectile), but the specifics are a bit different.

#5 Crimsonblack

    Member

  • Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

View PostFupDup, on 02 January 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

The railgun is a MekTek invention for MW4 only. It's never coming to MWO, and rightfully so (double the damage of Heavy Gauss with 1200m range and still zero heat? Lolno pls).


So I am betrayed.

#6 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:47 AM

View PostCrimsonblack, on 02 January 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

I've been patiently waiting for the Atlas 2 and other mechs I might not know of since I'm still technically a noob to the battletech universe, but not seeing anything new is...annoying and tedious.

The development of MWO was put on hold in 2017 or 2018. That's why you have seen nothing new for years.

View PostCrimsonblack, on 02 January 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

I want my giant with its railcannon (a weapon to surpass Metal Gear)!

That railcannon was just a Mektek's fan mod invention - and it was one reason (among other things) why people left Mektek's servers.

Too many players had their 'Mechs one-shotted or crippled because Mektek fanboys thought that weapon doing 56 damage to one location on 1000m with no heat was exactly what MechWarrior 4 needed.

#7 VonBruinwald

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,458 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:06 AM

View Postmartian, on 03 January 2021 - 02:47 AM, said:

That railcannon was just a Mektek's fan mod invention - and it was one reason (among other things) why people left Mektek's servers.

Too many players had their 'Mechs one-shotted or crippled because Mektek fanboys thought that weapon doing 56 damage to one location on 1000m with no heat was exactly what MechWarrior 4 needed.


I wouldn't blame the rail cannon, there were deadlier mechs on the NHUA servers.

Port-forwarding, outdated graphics and the newly released MWO were bigger problems.

#8 Meep Meep

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 422 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:47 AM

I'd settle for a Hollander. Posted Image

#9 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:17 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 03 January 2021 - 03:06 AM, said:

I wouldn't blame the rail cannon, there were deadlier mechs on the NHUA servers.

Sure, that's why I wrote "among other things".

View PostVonBruinwald, on 03 January 2021 - 03:06 AM, said:

Port-forwarding, outdated graphics and the newly released MWO were bigger problems.

All those things played their role, but Mektek's servers went almost empty long before MWO went live.

#10 MW Waldorf Statler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,074 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:11 AM

View Postmartian, on 03 January 2021 - 05:17 AM, said:

Sure, that's why I wrote "among other things".


All those things played their role, but Mektek's servers went almost empty long before MWO went live.


my Clan the german Clouds Cobras leaves the MW4 World with the Start of world of warcraft ...im self going to the CSJ for a short Time...MW4 was outdated after all the Years

#11 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:28 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 03 January 2021 - 06:11 AM, said:

my Clan the german Clouds Cobras leaves the MW4 World with the Start of world of warcraft ...im self going to the CSJ for a short Time...MW4 was outdated after all the Years

Surely it was. It just served as a way for keeping the interest in the MechWarrior series alive, until MechWarrior Online was ready. After all, it cost Microsoft nothing.

#12 Alan Hicks

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:55 AM

Knowing PGI the easy answer is never or not now and for a big while.

Whatever. New mech-pack to scam more people, yeah right. Posted Image

#13 FinnMcKool

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,417 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

View PostFupDup, on 02 January 2021 - 04:31 PM, said:

No, the Gauss is not a railgun. The Gauss is a coilgun. Its magnets are arranged in a coil shape kind of like a giant spring. A railgun, by contrast, has two long straight rails.

Gauss and Railguns do achieve similar results at the end of the day (magnetically-accelerated projectile), but the specifics are a bit different.



I stand corrected

#14 MechaGnome

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 2,472 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:39 PM

It'll come after the Urbanmech IIC of course.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users