#1 TTB

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:49 AM

MWO can be quite overwhelming to new players with all the choices and customization options available.

In an effort to help out more, I've been hosting a dedicated live stream every Sunday evening GMT+1 for the past weeks during which new players can ask questions about mechs, builds, maps, strategies and anything in between to improve your play and have more fun in the game. All questions are valid, and no one is going to make fun of you for asking.

So if you have questions like the following, hop on in and let's talk about them!
  • Best mechs to buy?
  • Can't decide between a couple of mechs but I can only buy one.
  • How could I improve this particular build?
  • Which weapons pair well on this mech?
  • How do I best play this mech and build?
  • What are good spots to cover?
  • How can I improve game performance for my PC setup?
  • How would you go about to counter the nascar on this map and what would be required?

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:45 AM

First off, TTB... Thank You for all the videos that you put on YouTube... I've actually been inspired by some of your builds to design something similar to them, even if it takes adaptation onto some other Chassis in order to have something that can work. Simply because of that, I'm going to give your post a 'Like' after I put this up for you to read. Please keep on posting more YouTube videos! :D

Anyway, here's another good question for your list... "How did you build that Mech?" :blink:

For example, you made the following Heavy PPC Panther video posting on YouTube...

(Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UnIYN-IHxQ)

...but then you did not show how it was constructed, and there is no "German Mechgineering" Edition posted in regard to how it came to exist. Is there any chance that you could post some links — such as one each from "Smurfy's MWO MechLab" & "MechDB @ Nav-Alpha" — in regard to how it's designed, and/or create a YouTube video about its' construction? It would be much appreciated, as I can't figure out how you put the enchilada together. :)

On the note of Twitch... I actually wish you were doing livestreams also through the YouTube systems, as Twitch has become downright predatory on data mining people who don't want that happening, along with pushing ads too severely down everyone's throats. Some of us out there have no tolerance for overload from third-party analytics/advertisements/etc. that exist, and Twitch has forcibly pushed away any person who was watching your livestreams that values having their own computer secured & private against external threats of any kind. You're not at fault on this, and I also recognize that some people aren't so worried about it, but people ultimately have a right to control their data and how they are analyzed, and Twitch has not been giving them that choice. :(

Also, the small-sized Roku set-top boxes happen to have a YouTube Channel available, but there is not a Twitch Channel ever since Twitch themselves decided to snub people using a TV as their method of watching. I would not be at all surprised if that has negatively impacted your viewer numbers in the last year or two, so I hope you'll potentially consider expanding your livestreams onto YouTube for more people to be able to watch you. Frankly, that option is something I would personally look forward to! B)

~D. V. "trying to provide constructive feedback for TTB to utilize" Devnull

#3 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

Hi TTB

Thank you for your videos and both my son and I love them. It really helps alot for our understaning of the game and also which mech to buy for beginner.

In your videos you mentioned that your builds & skills can be downloaded but somehow I can't see the link to them, can you be so nice to post the links here or direct me to the correct place to download?

In your "GET THESE MECHS AND BAYS! "All The Things Sale!" - Mechwarrior Online 2020 MWO" video, you mentioned that Vapor Eagle might be 1 of the OP mech at that moment, does it still stay true now? I have bought the mech, may I know what build should I build it?

I have also bought a Supernova SNV-A due to a video of it doing the LRM strike. Should I stay on the LRM or I should change the build to ATM? Can yo guide me on the build & skill?

There are so many questions that i will like to ask but I think I will hold them for near future before overwhelming you.

Once again, we will like to shout out a big THANK YOU to you for your good videos you have created for players especially new players like us do really benefit from them.

Cheers
Stay safe and healty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users