"failed To Find Match" <= Lies

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:12 PM

So is this new? It's quite misleading as matchmaker still throws your mech into a match which is then quite often subsequently backstriped by lights. This has happened to me now 3 times in the last week alone. Super awesome btw; have not had any discernible connection issues until this month. Further the fact that the message is "Failed to Find Match", indicates that it has something to do with server side.

At the very least, please remove this pop-up when the server disconnects players from the match. It's rather annoying to be told one thing, go to search again with your mech only to realize that your mech is in a match that match maker "failed to find". Having played this game more than anyone rightly should, having this happen is about half as bad as getting a 0 dmg score, shorting the team a player, and losing. Together they pair up for a big slam dunk of suck.

Edit - The cherry on top is the 7 second penalty!

Edited by Jackal Noble, 01 February 2021 - 10:16 PM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,928 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:23 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 01 February 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

So is this new? It's quite misleading as matchmaker still throws your mech into a match which is then quite often subsequently backstriped by lights. This has happened to me now 3 times in the last week alone. Super awesome btw; have not had any discernible connection issues until this month. Further the fact that the message is "Failed to Find Match", indicates that it has something to do with server side.

At the very least, please remove this pop-up when the server disconnects players from the match. It's rather annoying to be told one thing, go to search again with your mech only to realize that your mech is in a match that match maker "failed to find". Having played this game more than anyone rightly should, having this happen is about half as bad as getting a 0 dmg score, shorting the team a player, and losing. Together they pair up for a big slam dunk of suck.

Edit - The cherry on top is the 7 second penalty!

You have been playing this game since 2013 and you are still surprised?

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:03 AM

Bizzzzarre. I don't think that has happened to me, but the wait times recently have become rather severe. Primetime EST has dropped me into all sorts of cadet sided matchups after a sobering several minute wait. It's dead, Jim!

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,811 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 09:17 PM

i recently discovered a bug where if you get dropped and come back. if you go to try and get back into the game, and you accidentally press the wrong button, you immediately get a penalty. but then you click the right button get back in the game in the 2 minute allotment and play the match. if you get another penalty it will stack with the ghost penalty. its not really a problem unless you do it multiple times though.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:53 AM

What I love is when it tells you that it failed to find a match, then when you hit the button again, it tells you the mech is locked and you can't rejoin.

By far my favorite "feature" of MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users