4 replies to this topic

#1 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Anyone think it'd be cool if they made new images for some of the mechs to come in line with MWO?

For instance, the new Centurion looks many fold better then the traditional. And the Dragon as well. This is just my observations of course.

Anyone think the odds are in favour of it happening? Some of those designs are looking pretty dated.

#2 2ane

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Its not like Artists ever stuck to the technical readout designs very closely.

#3 Max Payne1

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAlberta+Canada

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

I think that was the idea the creators had in mind, people who know the chassis's well can identify them on the battlefield that much easier. The designs of the mechs in MWO look fantastic for the age setting they are suppose to be in.

If you take a look back at previous games, as 2Ane pointed out.. they didn't stick to the tech readouts very closely. And in all honesty that's cool too, its nice to see a fresh approach to older design..but without changing its original appeal.

Personally im a huge fan of mechwarrior 3 and its add on pirates moon, the chassis were very gritty.. similar to MWO.

Cheers

#4 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostMax Payne1, on 30 July 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

I think that was the idea the creators had in mind, people who know the chassis's well can identify them on the battlefield that much easier. The designs of the mechs in MWO look fantastic for the age setting they are suppose to be in.

If you take a look back at previous games, as 2Ane pointed out.. they didn't stick to the tech readouts very closely. And in all honesty that's cool too, its nice to see a fresh approach to older design..but without changing its original appeal.

Personally im a huge fan of mechwarrior 3 and its add on pirates moon, the chassis were very gritty.. similar to MWO.

Cheers

Yeah MW3 had some of the best looking models ever in my opinion. They look battle worn and very industrial. MW:O is surpassing that in my eyes.

In regards to TRO artwork, some of the newer/revised TRO art is excellent, and looks far more function over form (as 'functional' as walking tanks can look)

#5 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Poststormeagle, on 26 July 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Anyone think it'd be cool if they made new images for some of the mechs to come in line with MWO?

Cool, yes. Likely? Not really. It's taken about a decade to finally come to terms with the Jihad it feels like so something like that might take some work. Though stranger things have happened I guess. I liked the old art for those two mechs as well, though I do like this more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users