Hunt The Huntsman Presented With The New Razer Huntsman V2 Analog Keyboard

127 replies to this topic

#121 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:44 PM

scouting is helped by skills (increased range) and sensors (Beagle Active Probe, Command Console and Targeting Computer); surprising to see limited use of these as they can id targets thousands of meters away, help teammates target enemies and some decrease time to lock; Maybe rethink loadout to include electronics? similarly surprising to see so few folks take AMS - worth it's weight in AMS damage and team protection;

#122 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:50 PM

lowered uav kill count? thanks I guess, but leave in a bit of challenge; no more time changes, consistent lighting, and relaxed challenge requirements sort of diminishes the fun of a war game where the "fog of war" might make it more fun for some of us. I'd be game to have a game/map mode selection of RANDOM to really give us a chance to bring balanced mechs and a chuckle to the game

#123 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:36 PM

Well, I must say I'm very upset. 4 kill/kmdd short of getting my huntsman and i log in Sunday evening (February 28th) with 8 hours to spare, only to find that THIS event is on universal time rather than "mechwarrior time" as Darren calls it... ie. Pacific Time.

All the other events are Pacific time; the Kill Counter and the Dev hunt. But for this one I get burned for 8 hours. Gee thanks all. Suddenly this event sucked.

#124 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:30 PM

The Huntsman even has been extended.

#125 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:44 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 February 2021 - 11:44 AM, said:

I would hope given the timeframe that players will realize that there is no need to YOLO these challenges.
I will keep that in mind for the future.

I still had to yolo the UAVs since they were so rare near the tail end of the event. I was literally being shot by 3 LRM boats in my kitfox, but I stopped to aim and shoot down that last UAV I needed. Posted Image

It's good that the event got extended and that some requirements were lowered to something more reasonable. Just take into account that players with less time to play will feel bad that there is no progress if there are like 3-4+ games where no one pops a UAV or they are unable to get more than one or two components destroyed. You sort of always deal damage in a fight so that's always steady progress.

You can consider doing a hybrid where they get a point of progress for every (x) damage done or every component destroyed, so they can move up either way and the components act like more of a bonus to their progress.

As for UAVs, they aren't all that common and I can go multiple games without seeing one. Again, you can consider combining this as an /or/ option with other UAV event requirements, so players can launch their own UAV to get event points or shoot down one from the enemy. It gives a bit more control to the player to allow them to complete it without having to go through droughts where the enemy teams just don't launch any.

Edited by Elizander, 28 February 2021 - 10:00 PM.

#126 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:43 PM

pgi must be very hard at work they forgot about the march mech challenge

#127 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:59 PM

Yeah where is the March bundles and free mech?

#128 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 08:54 AM

Typical PGI they say every month of free mech well there’s not one yet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users