Locked Mech

8 replies to this topic

#1 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:13 PM

Today, brought a DW. UV, with 8 AC-2, full armor. Got 518 damage score, and then of course down arrow. Seems to be the thing (constant), all the effort with team and down arrows. Then next round after loading into polar. Next thing I am brought back to hanger, "servers can not be found". I reloaded MWO, and I get "Mech Locked...." What happened? Was the build illegal? Set to 1080P

Edited by GuardDogg, 10 February 2021 - 02:15 PM.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:27 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 10 February 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

Today, brought a DW. UV, with 8 AC-2, full armor. Got 518 damage score, and then of course down arrow. Seems to be the thing (constant), all the effort with team and down arrows.

The arrow is based on matchscore not damage.

There is also a multiplier applied to the winning teams MS for the purpose of PSR.

If we assume that everyone over 200 on the winning team beat you for PSR (I don't the mulitiplier of the top of my head), that's 10 players.
On your team there were 3 mechs with a higher MS than you.

The puts your performance 14th out of 24. Which puts you in the bottom half.

Remember, PSR is a MM feature, not a reward system. Trying to game it just shows your dependence on ePeening.

Then next round after loading into polar. Next thing I am brought back to hanger, "servers can not be found". I reloaded MWO, and I get "Mech Locked...." What happened? Was the build illegal? Set to 1080P

Was there a rejoin button in the top left? If your mechs locked you should have the option to rejoin the existing match for which it is in.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 10 February 2021 - 02:29 PM.

#3 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:43 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 10 February 2021 - 02:27 PM, said:

Was there a rejoin button in the top left? If your mechs locked you should have the option to rejoin the existing match for which it is in.

No, there was no rejoin. I tried to get back into round "Polar Highlands". And kept getting this message "Mech locked", and "servers can not be found", when trying to get into the round. So, I selected other mech, and all was fine into a different round. Dunno if their is a penalty yet. I turned off MWO to make video.

Edited by GuardDogg, 10 February 2021 - 02:45 PM.

#4 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:12 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 10 February 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

No, there was no rejoin. I tried to get back into round "Polar Highlands". And kept getting this message "Mech locked", and "servers can not be found", when trying to get into the round. So, I selected other mech, and all was fine into a different round. Dunno if their is a penalty yet. I turned off MWO to make video.

Sounds like a server issue caused it to think it was still in a match. If it stays locked, contact support.

#5 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:23 PM

It is okay. Not locked anymore. And did not get a penalty for not being in match. Went weird.

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:51 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 10 February 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

Its a bug that happens occasionally i've had it happen a few times since i returned.. i found either switching mechs or relogging fixes it..
The servers are atrocious so just roll with it imo.

#7 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:38 AM

I've also had this happen GuardDogg. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just a server oddity. As Samial said, just gotta roll with it.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

Today, brought a DW. UV, with 8 AC-2, full armor. Got 518 damage score, and then of course down arrow. Seems to be the thing (constant), all the effort with team and down arrows.

I did the math and the result is that your PSR movement is -1,16. Yeah, that's right: Minus one point. Posted Image Thus that red arrow.
(Note that my math may be off.)

My rule of thumb says that only the best two or three players of the defeated team get the green arrow. Sory, but you were the fourth best ...

Then next round after loading into polar. Next thing I am brought back to hanger, "servers can not be found". I reloaded MWO, and I get "Mech Locked...." What happened? Was the build illegal? Set to 1080P

The build was okay.

This is a well-known bug. Just play one game with a different 'Mech and it should clear itself up, as your return from the game forces your 'Mechlab to reload (well, sometimes you have to play two games with a different 'Mech).

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:01 PM

if you drop in a mech, it stays locked until the end of that match even if you leave early for any reason, though I don't know that the mechlab knows when to unlock it as i don't know that there is a trigger for doing so other than 1. dropping into a new match in a different mech and coming back to mechlab 2. log out and back in 3. I've heard going to the Solaris section and back will reload the mechlab.
Additionally, rewards from a match you left early should be delayed as well and probably updates only at the same time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users