34 replies to this topic

#21 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:39 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 15 February 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Really? Where did you hear that? It would require a mod manager within the game. At least that is the way other games are doing it. I got no response when asking this question on reddit except that.

That is totally what MW5 has, actually

#22 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:49 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 15 February 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Really? Where did you hear that? It would require a mod manager within the game. At least that is the way other games are doing it. I got no response when asking this question on reddit except that.

Yes you can mod the XGP version (there's a mod menu in the game). Every major mod pretty well works fine with XGP version as far as I am aware. You just open the mods menu, click "open mods folder" and it creates the folder you need to extract mods from nexus to.

Only caveat is that you have to do a workaround with some older mods to get them to work. But that's only mods that were made before official mod support existed.

Edited by yrrot, 15 February 2021 - 04:50 PM.

#23 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

Once bitten.... Thrice shy.

#24 HansStahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:30 AM

View PostVeritasSuperOmnia, on 14 February 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

When will it be available elsewhere other than EGS? I'm not ok with my data being sent to communist controlled China.

i bet you using facebook, instagram, whatsapp or at least google.your data is available to a good bunch of communists allready for sure.

#25 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:04 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 February 2021 - 03:30 PM, said:

Posted Image
Still waiting...

DUDE, I'm still waiting for GOG to get 1 and 2, really how damn hard is it?
Wondering if it has something to do with MS having the license.

Edited by Wildstreak, 16 February 2021 - 06:11 AM.

#26 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:25 AM

View Postyrrot, on 15 February 2021 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yes you can mod the XGP version (there's a mod menu in the game). Every major mod pretty well works fine with XGP version as far as I am aware. You just open the mods menu, click "open mods folder" and it creates the folder you need to extract mods from nexus to.

Only caveat is that you have to do a workaround with some older mods to get them to work. But that's only mods that were made before official mod support existed.

nice. Thanks for the info. Lobby system here I go!

#27 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:29 AM

I know you are saving me the dissapointment by not selling it on steam but at this point cyberpunk 2077 is going to be patched into a good state.

#28 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:08 PM

Yes good luck with that PGI i have no interest in Epic games or "magically spawning in" mechs games, sorry.

View PostWolfos31, on 15 February 2021 - 09:33 AM, said:

Coming to Steam in April or May along with the new DLC Heroes of the Inner Sphere.

I'll believe it when i see it at this point, and unless it gets Steam workshop or Nexus mods i still wont be buying it... sorry.

Edited by Samial, 16 February 2021 - 10:12 PM.

#29 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:42 PM

View PostAlilua, on 16 February 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

I know you are saving me the dissapointment by not selling it on steam but at this point cyberpunk 2077 is going to be patched into a good state.

You know what, I wasn't even going to pick up CP2077 on Dec 10 last 2020. But yeah, they would rather screw us again.

A great lesson to be learned there, Corporations aren't your friend, in fact you're their *****.

View PostSamial, on 16 February 2021 - 10:08 PM, said:

Yes good luck with that PGI i have no interest in Epic games or "magically spawning in" mechs games, sorry.

I'll believe it when i see it at this point, and unless it gets Steam workshop or Nexus mods i still wont be buying it... sorry.

It already has Nexus Mods as a distribution platform for mods.

My real gripe is how they made their Modding Tools is basically just the UE4 Editor. Even a Hat in Time has its own modding tools despite being in UE, and it's on ******* steam. It was originally pitched for Steam Workshop, but now they can't do that because it's basically Epic's proprietary engine editor.

They say "you can still download and install mods", and you know what, **** that. Real modding is when you yourself can make actual changes to the game, not just download mods and ****. In FO4, if you're modding you ought to be able to use xEdit at least so you can fix incompatible records, and from there you can make mods on your own like maybe make Marcy and Jun Long killable.

So the only way to be a modder for MW5 is to have an EGS, and **** the "one time install" BS. They could have released the editor on their own launcher, but nah man EGS. That's the hill they want to die on, to shaft the Steam and GoG potential modders, ******* let them.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 February 2021 - 10:45 PM.

#30 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:24 AM

You know what the first thing I noticed was? You click the announcement and it instantly goes to the Epic Game Store. There is no announcement....might as well be an ad. No progress report on the DLC... still radio silence folks...I can hear the crickets chirping. Why? I will take a wild guess and say because PGI is low on cash again and is still not out of the game development 'thicket'. So now they are using odd (and dare I say desperate) measures to get more people to buy the game on EGS. If they had just kept even a fraction of their promises... at the bare minimum released the base game on GOG and Steam in December- they would not be in this pickle right now.

I have previously stated they have bit off way more than they could possibly chew. They jammed their plate so full of stuff from the 'buffet table of stuff to do' that this is inevitable....delay after delay after delay:

Releasing the game 'simultaneously' on Xbox, Steam, GOG with the new DLC. Working in the background on the following DLC, (which is odd given they still have yet to release the first one, and won't do so for at least 2 MONTHS) developing a new IP, (who knows whatever that is all about? And should MechWarrior fans even care?) and finally somewhere in that haystack of 'stuff to do' is the needle known as MWO which is of course as we all know it, still kinda last priority (gasp).

The patches so far for MWO are not impressing anyone PGI...perhaps the MWO community needs to design a new bolt-on attachment for you guys to wear during the Dev Hunt events...it will be a calendar with a big red sharpie mark circling a due date...since patching bolt-ons seems to be of the utmost importance. Never mind weapon balance, spawns, map redesigns, game optimization. You know...all of those things things the community really wants you to do now...not 5 months from now?

Oh did I mention there was supposed to be a free update for MW5 that would improve the game? Wonder where that went....funny...

Again...why is it so hard for PGI to keep promises....and release something on time?

Edited by 13Tradesman, 03 March 2021 - 08:06 PM.

#31 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:48 AM

View Post13Tradesman, on 17 February 2021 - 02:24 AM, said:

developing a new IP

Transverse 2.0!

#32 Marchello1

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:13 AM

View Post13Tradesman, on 17 February 2021 - 02:24 AM, said:

You know what the first thing I noticed was? You click the announcement and it instantly goes to the Epic Game Store. There is no announcement....might as well be an ad. No progress report on the DLC... still radio silence folks...I can hear the crickets chirping. Why? I will take a wild guess and say because PGI is low on cash again and is still not out of the game development 'thicket'. So now they are using odd (and dare I say desperate) measures to get more people to buy the game on EGS. If they had just kept even a fraction of their promises... at the bare minimum released the base game on GOG and Steam in December- they would not be in this pickle right now.

I have previously stated they have bit off way more than they could possibly chew. They jammed their plate so full of stuff from the 'buffet table of stuff to do' that this is inevitable....delay after delay after delay:

Releasing the game 'simultaneously' on Xbox, Steam, GOG with the new DLC. Working in the background on the following DLC, (which is odd given they still have yet to release the first one, and won't do so for at least 2 MONTHS) developing a new IP, (who knows whatever that is all about? And should MechWarrior fans even care?) and finally somewhere in that haystack of 'stuff to do' is the needle known as MWO which is of course as we all know it, still kinda last priority (gasp).

The patches so far for MWO are not impressing anyone PGI...perhaps the MWO community needs to design a new bolt-on attachment for you guys to where during the Dev Hunt events...it will be a calendar with a big red sharpie mark circling a due date...since patching bolt-ons seems to be of the utmost importance. Never mind weapon balance, spawns, map redesigns, game optimization. You know...all of those things things the community really wants you to do now...not 5 months from now?

Oh did I mention there was supposed to be a free update for MW5 that would improve the game? Wonder where that went....funny...

Again...why is it so hard for PGI to keep promises....and release something on time?

it would be interesting to know how the DLC development is going ... and where is the promised free mw5 infantry?

#33 Nukebirb

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Osea

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:01 AM

wen steam launch tho

#34 byebye360

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:26 PM

Any news on when the steam/gog release is?

#35 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:16 AM

View Postbyebye360, on 20 February 2021 - 09:26 PM, said:

Any news on when the steam/gog release is?

April/ May some says, wheres the source? I say..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users