220 replies to this topic

#181 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:26 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 February 2021 - 03:03 AM, said:

I wasn't talking about 100-tonners specifically, I was talking the whole class. They have 6 Battlemechs and 5 Omnismechs, compared to most other classes where the Omnis are more numerous.

I am talking about one hundred ton mechs because you prohibit one hundred ton mechs (in this case Stone Rhino) for Clans.
If you want to talk more broadly, then I can say that the Clans have 11 assault chassis, and Inner Sphere has 18 assault chassis.
In total, clans have 68 assaults of various modifications.
Inner Sphere has 104 assaults of various modifications.
The superiority is 65.38% (if we take the number of spheroids assaults as 100%).
These are just facts.

I am not suggesting now to argue about the usefulness of one or another chassis (or some modification of it) because both factions have dead chassis. And there are such mechs that for most of the players are complete rubbish, but in the right hands they can show amazing results.
And now, looking at the given figures, I dare to suggest that the Clans can be allowed a little more assault mechs.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 24 February 2021 - 06:27 PM.

#182 Blackster Leroux

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:46 PM

I ordered it as soon as it came out, very happy for new content. I am most excited for the Thunderbolt, one of my favorite mechs! Keep it up PGI, love the new direction!

Khan Blackster *Leroux*
Clan Widowmaker

#183 JeMaKat

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

gosh, I really touched a nerve with the cry-fa audience on this forum with that post

#184 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:50 AM

The Grand Dragon: 12 single heat sinks. (Unless it's a typo.) It would seem to come with a c-bill tax right from the get go as switching to doubles is a hefty c-bill cost and hard point challenging. Historically, the Grand Dragon was equipped with 13 doubles. (Sarna.) As the Stryker pack version (Pre quirk info.) seems a bit weak at present, this extra ouch feels un-fun. Am I wrong?

Edited by KH Slaine, 25 February 2021 - 07:54 AM.

#185 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:41 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 24 February 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

And again we have silence from PGI. it would be so easy to put up a reply saying "here are the quirks" or "we dont have them yet but we are listening to your concerns and we are gonna make the mechs enjoyable"

Uhhh... maybe watch the blog entry. They talked about that they are working on the quirks. If you want you can just watch the segment on this booster since they even went as far as including time stamps.

#186 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:39 AM

View PostKH Slaine, on 25 February 2021 - 07:50 AM, said:

The Grand Dragon: 12 single heat sinks. (Unless it's a typo.) It would seem to come with a c-bill tax right from the get go as switching to doubles is a hefty c-bill cost and hard point challenging. Historically, the Grand Dragon was equipped with 13 doubles. (Sarna.) As the Stryker pack version (Pre quirk info.) seems a bit weak at present, this extra ouch feels un-fun. Am I wrong?

That is the 5K Grand Dragon dating from the 3040s. The "original" Grand Dragon the 1G was a simple low tech variant of the normal Dragon which dated from 3024. That variant was considered highly successful by the Combine and so the ballistic variants of the chassis were later discontinued and the name changed. Advanced tech was not widely available in the Inner Sphere until the Helm Memory Core was decoded in the aftermath of the Forth Succession War.

Edited by Spheroid, 25 February 2021 - 11:50 AM.

#187 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

Don't need all the energy hardpoints, but a 3-4 Energy Arm would be pretty cool to have. Or 2E per side torso, that'd be nice too.

#188 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:21 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 27 February 2021 - 08:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

Don't need all the energy hardpoints, but a 3-4 Energy Arm would be pretty cool to have. Or 2E per side torso, that'd be nice too.

Lulz, 'nuff said.

#189 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:06 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 27 February 2021 - 08:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

Trypophobia.jpeg.

#190 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:19 PM

First mechs in ages. Let's see....

Questionable chassis choices.
Underwhelming hardpoint placements.
We're left praying for quirks to save them from mediocrity.

It's like nothing changes with PGI, they never learn. Give Russ and crew an easy layup and they'll take a half court shot.

This will sell like crap and they'll blame us for not showing enough interest in the game.

#191 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:30 AM

I just thought about buying it and then took a second look.

Nope. The mechs will live or die by their quirks. Nothing the game really needed.

#192 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:24 AM

Everyone can make up their own minds about the mechs, but I will point out that the combo of JJ/ECM/MASC is something that only the Shadow Cat currently runs. Quirks, etc. aside, there is a mech with something very special in the pack. I've seen the criticism (even from Russ) about "what could new mechs even bring to the game" given how many variants, well... this is something. Important not to overlook things like that.

#193 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:17 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 01 March 2021 - 04:19 PM, said:

First mechs in ages. Let's see....

Questionable chassis choices.
Underwhelming hardpoint placements.
We're left praying for quirks to save them from mediocrity.

It's like nothing changes with PGI, they never learn. Give Russ and crew an easy layup and they'll take a half court shot.

This will sell like crap and they'll blame us for not showing enough interest in the game.

Don't do what the community wants: "Waaah PGI never listens to the community!"
Ask the community what they want, and them give theme exactly what they asked for: "It's like nothing changes with PGI, they never learn. Give Russ and crew an easy layup and they'll take a half court shot."

Damned if you do, damned if ya don't!

#194 Tommy Atkins

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:35 AM

I dropped USD$20 on the pre-order this morning. Not so much because I like the 'mechs on offer or think the new variants will be great (the Dragon is a mediocre heavy, at best) but because if this is PGI dipping it's toes back into the development pool, then that should be encouraged.

But seriously, guys, new maps.

Edited by Tommy Atkins, 03 March 2021 - 06:35 AM.

#195 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

Any word on when we might see quirks?

#196 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:12 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 March 2021 - 03:53 PM, said:

Any word on when we might see quirks?

Given that the pack drops on April 20th, I'd expect to see quirks by April 6th at the absolute earliest, with April 13th being a more realistic date. Usually the tradition is like a week or two before release.

#197 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:01 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 02 March 2021 - 04:17 PM, said:

Don't do what the community wants: "Waaah PGI never listens to the community!"
Ask the community what they want, and them give theme exactly what they asked for: "It's like nothing changes with PGI, they never learn. Give Russ and crew an easy layup and they'll take a half court shot."

Damned if you do, damned if ya don't!

Who asked for new variants of these two mechs with worse hardpoints than the ones already in the game?

Mediocre mechs that can only be saved by quirks, when that type of over-quirking hasn't happened in years, isn't a sign of progress. Tell me I'm wrong.

What are you expecting to save the Grand Dragon? -50% energy cooldown? +50 armor on all torso components?

Everything we know says it's going to get a missile cooldown quirk.

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 03 March 2021 - 05:04 PM.

#198 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:17 PM

View PostFupDup, on 03 March 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

Given that the pack drops on April 20th, I'd expect to see quirks by April 6th at the absolute earliest, with April 13th being a more realistic date. Usually the tradition is like a week or two before release.

I know that but on one of the Vlogs they made it sound like the were interested in getting them posted earlier then they have in the past.

#199 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:53 PM

Every other mech will be ecm regardless of how good or bad until they get rid of lrms. Its the lazy person solution.

#200 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:18 PM

Ah, the old "Everything needs ECM because LRMs" whine.

There's cover on literally every map. It's not PGI's fault you're too stupid to use it or to nail the SPOTTER because you have goddamned Blinders on. It's your fault.

Edited by Arkhangel, 04 March 2021 - 08:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users