What To Do Against These Unholy Uac Madcat Ii Pilots Who Can Control Arms Separately With Freelook?

Balance Metagame

38 replies to this topic

#21 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts
  • LocationStripping lasers off my Archer to fit 4 more tons of LRM'S

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:19 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 February 2021 - 03:01 PM, said:

For the II-B specifically, you can attack from the side and aim for its arms. You can also wait for its UACs to jam (they go red on the paperdoll) for a window of opportunity. The arms have a good range of motion, but the 'Mech itself is quite slow to turn, as long as you aren't staring directly at it you will have a chance to attack before it can return fire.

I tore one to shreds last night in my bsw-x1 with 3 rac2's, started to run away after i took off his left and almost cored him.
He ran smack dab into one of our atlas's, went bad for him...

#22 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:48 AM

View PostDozer6, on 26 February 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

I tore one to shreds last night in my bsw-x1 with 3 rac2's, started to run away after i took off his left and almost cored him.
He ran smack dab into one of our atlas's, went bad for him...

Excellent, chopping off an arm reduces their firepower so much that you can almost just face tank them, but of course it is still preferable not do :D

#23 Vincefeld

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:55 PM

View PostGagis, on 25 February 2021 - 03:59 AM, said:

Do it. Its a good mech worth buying, tho tends to perform better in quick play than in faction play and comp, since the arms are very easy to isolate targets that skilled players can and will destroy very fast, making the mech a bit of a glass cannon. The worse aim your average opponent has, the better the MCII will perform.

The better MCII pilot's aim the better it will perform. Normally good aim limited by torso turn speed and angles. Good aim with arms = pinpoint high dps into component regardless if target is moving or not.
You dont give MCII arms enough credit. The hitbox of arms is kinda small when you look at it from front. Most people will still shoot CT rather than miss half of shots and lose dps.

JUST TO CLARIFY: I dont have problem with potatoes piloting MCIIs
I have problem with pilots that are really good at separate torso/arm control with freelook.
They shoot at multiple peeking opponents effortlessly and spread damage in a brawl while wiggling torso without interupting fire precisely into 1 component because of arms turn speed regardless if you move or stand still.
Normally assault gets eaten by lights when its alone, but this thing doesnt need support. Its fast and hard to outmanuever because of arms. Problem you dont have with other assaults

Edited by Vincefeld, 27 February 2021 - 02:04 PM.

#24 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:59 PM

Easy, hit it in the arms from 90 degrees.

#25 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,754 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:02 PM

These are problematic when I go assault hunting in my stealth lights but typically I peck away at their arms from cover. Find a nice position behind them and when they are not looking smack them with an alpha and hide. Repeat until arm is destroyed or they come looking for you. If you are running a piranha backstabber they typically front load their armor since they feel cocky about the mobility so you have a good chance of coring them before they can react.

#26 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:48 AM

View PostVincefeld, on 27 February 2021 - 01:55 PM, said:

The better MCII pilot's aim the better it will perform. Normally good aim limited by torso turn speed and angles. Good aim with arms = pinpoint high dps into component regardless if target is moving or not.
You dont give MCII arms enough credit. The hitbox of arms is kinda small when you look at it from front. Most people will still shoot CT rather than miss half of shots and lose dps.

JUST TO CLARIFY: I dont have problem with potatoes piloting MCIIs
I have problem with pilots that are really good at separate torso/arm control with freelook.
They shoot at multiple peeking opponents effortlessly and spread damage in a brawl while wiggling torso without interupting fire precisely into 1 component because of arms turn speed regardless if you move or stand still.
Normally assault gets eaten by lights when its alone, but this thing doesnt need support. Its fast and hard to outmanuever because of arms. Problem you dont have with other assaults

What if a good pilot in that mech can do all those things.

Imagine if that particular mech was designed to do just as you describe, be a front line tank.

Hmmmmmm....

#27 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:11 AM

If pilots are really guid perhaps its a Match maker issue

#28 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:52 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 25 February 2021 - 10:34 AM, said:

Grandpa Novakaine used to tell me.
"Boy you shoot em from far far away with lots of lurms."
PS PGI I'd pay lots of money for thisPosted Image
Posted Image

THIS. :D

#29 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:13 AM

More missiles please...

#30 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:02 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 25 February 2021 - 10:34 AM, said:

Grandpa Novakaine used to tell me.
"Boy you shoot em from far far away with lots of lurms."
PS PGI I'd pay lots of money for thisPosted Image
Posted Image

I THINK there might be another game out there that has this sort of thing. But I'm not sure what its called.

Considering the ammount of potato ive seen rising back up to tier 1, i don't think adding armor (tanks) to this game would be a good idea.

#31 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:38 AM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2021 - 03:02 AM, said:

I THINK there might be another game out there that has this sort of thing. But I'm not sure what its called.

Considering the ammount of potato ive seen rising back up to tier 1, i don't think adding armor (tanks) to this game would be a good idea.

I would absolutely love to see mobile artillery.

#32 Chaotic_Harmony

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:05 AM

Like others have said, Mad Cat Mk IIs aren't invincible. Their arms are especially large and LOVE to eat fire. Try and take one of them and you'll have a much easier time fighting them.

Also don't facetank in a light, most meta lights fight at 270m or so poking and peeking with MPLs.

#33 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:25 AM

View PostVincefeld, on 24 February 2021 - 03:05 PM, said:

WHAT TO DO AGAINST THESE UNHOLY UAC MADCAT II PILOTS WHO CAN CONTROL ARMS SEPARATELY WITH FREELOOK?
Shoot them. They take damage like any other mech when shot.
Also, they're not using freelook. You can switch arm lock mode to toggle on/off (using the "Arm Lock Toggle" keybind) and you can change its' default state in the options.

#34 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 March 2021 - 08:26 AM

It's one of the better assaults for defending itself against lights for sure.

Has nothing to do with freelook though, just turning off arm lock.

#35 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:41 PM

The easiest way to deal with wannabee assault pilots is to spread the word of the Lord.

Anni Akbar.

#36 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:59 AM

you arnt going to kill the mad cat 2 in a street dash brawl you win the fight by poking it with a laser and forcing the cat to play with you instead of the team arms and legs are weak on it you can also hit the shoulder rocket pods for side torse dmg when you are covered by a hill and those pods arnt.

my go to for harassing bigger mechs is the pirate bane locust, biggest xl you can fit in it 4 med lasers, 1 mg and ecm.

Edited by JP Josh, 10 March 2021 - 01:00 AM.

#37 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 05:03 PM

Take anything fast, tanky and laser burny, crab is good, and go for the arms while avoiding direct conflict.

#38 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 March 2021 - 10:17 PM

View PostGagis, on 25 February 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Well, MCII-1 might arguably be better than the -B, since it can run 4ERPPC with jump jets and having all of the weapons in its side torsos, making it a lot less easy to disarm. That loadout is somewhat popular in competitive tournaments.

Personally run 2xCUAC20s and 4xheavy mediums.

#39 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

View PostDozer6, on 02 March 2021 - 06:38 AM, said:

I would absolutely love to see mobile artillery.

Then you're looking for Thumper Artillery. Google it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users