87 replies to this topic

#21 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 25 February 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

Not mainstream enough!

Okay, fine. How about anything with decent shortrange firepower and ECM and/or radar deprivation?
Corsairs tend to be using RAC2's or large lasers and will crumble to real ranged damage dealers or pretty much any size of brawler.

#22 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:25 PM

View PostSunderMK2, on 25 February 2021 - 09:32 PM, said:

Short notice, but hey I'll again volunteer to be a target. I might be the smallest streamer there is, but I'm all up for dying even more hilariously than usual.

You'll want to contact daeron.katz@piranhagames.com then directly!

#23 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:37 PM

btw, 12am PST is not 7am UTC but rather 8am UTC

#24 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:05 PM

Targets known, awards announced.
Hope to meet someone of you)))
Although I occasionally meet some from this names in my playing time...

#25 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:24 PM

That was again a real short notice time PGI. Thanks anyway.

#26 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:39 AM

I think it's awesome more streamers signed up to be targets! Katz promised he'd get more community involvement with this and he definitely delivered. More opportunities to earn cockpit items+added KMDD challenges are a nice bonus. I hope this time I actually can yoink a kill Posted Image

Involving more streamers should technically fix the time zone issues for other players that want to participate, but maybe in future events: having streamers sign up for time slots to ensure there's at least one target running around?
(Proposing this idea for others, I've come to accept Hawaii timezone isn't friendly with most)

Also, noob question, how do I keep track of events like this better? Discord/Twitter/Forums?

#27 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:52 AM

View Postcatgirl, on 26 February 2021 - 12:39 AM, said:

Also, noob question, how do I keep track of events like this better? Discord/Twitter/Forums?

Following https://twitter.com/MechWarriorF2P on Twitter is usually working.

#28 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:52 AM

View Postcatgirl, on 26 February 2021 - 12:39 AM, said:

I think it's awesome more streamers signed up to be targets! Katz promised he'd get more community involvement with this and he definitely delivered. More opportunities to earn cockpit items+added KMDD challenges are a nice bonus. I hope this time I actually can yoink a kill Posted Image

Involving more streamers should technically fix the time zone issues for other players that want to participate, but maybe in future events: having streamers sign up for time slots to ensure there's at least one target running around?
(Proposing this idea for others, I've come to accept Hawaii timezone isn't friendly with most)

Thank you for your feedback!

Best way to keep informed is the website/forums. That's where it will always be posted first. I've been super busy working on the game, so I didn't have the prep time I was hoping I'd have for this event. Ideally, we'll announce it a week before it starts.

#29 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:14 AM

Hey Daeron, if you are reading this, I have a suggestion for you. How's about making the next event like this as a "Stream Salvage Event"? Basically it would allow people to salvage personalized mechs of their favorite streamer. Think of it like a Bounty Hunter event where if you kill the streamer, you get their mech too.

Here is how it can work:
1. Talk to the streamers about what their favorite mech chassis is and if they prefer it to be a regular, Champion or Hero Mech. Builds as well.

2. Discuss what type of colors and skins they want. Example, A Bushwacker with a Gray, Blue and White Mountain Camo

3. Name the variant after them, like: UM-B0B (Oldbob) or TBR - SW (after StarWolfe)

Edited by Will9761, 26 February 2021 - 01:42 AM.

#30 account redo v1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:53 AM

That event to get 30 kills was hard. But 300 mc is 300 mc. Would have been easier if I were tier 5 :(

#31 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:48 AM

For Matt and Daeron,

Nice and fun event guy´s!

A sugestion for a variation of it to also give some love to FP. Make a "Looking For Group" event during the weekend with prizes, and have the streamers host open LFG groups to be filled with stream watchers.

Incentivises other people in the community to host open LFG groups, teaches alot of players about the LFG feature (I came back 6 months ago and never used it yet!), and for streamers its similar to SyncDropping and a nice way to engage with chat and viewers.

#32 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:04 AM

Are any of those listed T3-T5?

#33 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:08 AM

HEY! look at that!
A big list of people I've never heard of.
Funny. You're still missing the TWO biggest names in mechwarrior streaming.

Why is that I wonder?
Is it because they've been known for being critical of your choices in the past?

Baradul and TTB should be at the top of that list, seeing as how they might be the last thing keeping any hype in this shambles of a game.

#34 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:15 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 26 February 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

HEY! look at that!
A big list of people I've never heard of.
Funny. You're still missing the TWO biggest names in mechwarrior streaming.

Why is that I wonder?
Is it because they've been known for being critical of your choices in the past?

Baradul and TTB should be at the top of that list, seeing as how they might be the last thing keeping any hype in this shambles of a game.

Has it not occured to you that those streamers simply might not be interested? I don't know, just thinking about it.

#35 Jarok van Sagittaron

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:31 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 26 February 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 February 2021 - 05:15 AM, said:

Has it not occured to you that those streamers simply might not be interested? I don't know, just thinking about it.

I read in the YT comments for TTBs video his answer after the last dev/streamer hunt event that he wasn't asked for participation.

#36 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:48 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 26 February 2021 - 12:52 AM, said:

Thank you for your feedback!

Hello, Daeron... :)

First off, I have to say Thank You to both you and Matt for these Hunting Developers & Streamers Events which we have the opportunity to participate in. Please keep them coming in the future, as they are something that will forever be wanted!!! :D

That said, I do have one constructive-yet-negative piece of feedback for you, which is intended in the most community-friendly manner that anyone possibly can have. (Yes, I know that this is a potentially dangerous topic, but I hope that people will keep to a constructive mind on this!) As I was looking down through the list of Streamers for people to hunt, my eyes stopped and did a triple-take on this one...

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 February 2021 - 04:57 PM, said:

Streamer: peepeepoopoo (The_B33F's alt)
Prize: Cockpit Mounted - Charger Bugle

...which happens to be a very massively blatant violation of the MWO Code Of Conduct ("C.o.C." for short) for rather visually obvious (under "Extreme Content / Inappropriate Language / Illicit Activities" as "Posting or referring to reproductive organs, waste organs, or inappropriate bodily functions.") reasons. Sadly, I actually get to feeling sick every single time from merely looking at it. I can only imagine what reactions some other people are having, for that matter. In attempting to stop a firestorm, this left me to publicly ask whether or not MWO's Streamers are held to proper (or higher/greater) standards like everyone else has to be, or if they are being given unusual & special C.o.C. exceptions??? Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to be nasty to anyone here in any way, and I'm explicitly NOT trying to name-and-shame, nor be mean in some other way to The_B33F (or any other Streamer who might happen to do this in the future, whether accidental or intentional) either. It just seems to me like this type of issue should have been prevented before the Event began, or that a different Alt should have been used in order to not cause unwanted disruption. Heck, maybe I am the only one so far to really take notice of this... But, it leaves me wondering if we really want to expose the younger generations of MechWarriors to this kind of thing? :(

Intended With Complete Respect And Best Regards,
D. V. "Glad for the Event....... Rather confused & concerned over the unfiltered odd & gross username..." Devnull

#37 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:00 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 26 February 2021 - 05:48 AM, said:

Hello, Daeron... Posted Image

First off, I have to say Thank You to both you and Matt for these Hunting Developers & Streamers Events which we have the opportunity to participate in. Please keep them coming in the future, as they are something that will forever be wanted!!! Posted Image

That said, I do have one constructive-yet-negative piece of feedback for you, which is intended in the most community-friendly manner that anyone possibly can have. (Yes, I know that this is a potentially dangerous topic, but I hope that people will keep to a constructive mind on this!) As I was looking down through the list of Streamers for people to hunt, my eyes stopped and did a triple-take on this one...

...which happens to be a very massively blatant violation of the MWO Code Of Conduct ("C.o.C." for short) for rather visually obvious (under "Extreme Content / Inappropriate Language / Illicit Activities" as "Posting or referring to reproductive organs, waste organs, or inappropriate bodily functions.") reasons. Sadly, I actually get to feeling sick every single time from merely looking at it. I can only imagine what reactions some other people are having, for that matter. In attempting to stop a firestorm, this left me to publicly ask whether or not MWO's Streamers are held to proper (or higher/greater) standards like everyone else has to be, or if they are being given unusual & special C.o.C. exceptions??? Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to be nasty to anyone here in any way, and I'm explicitly NOT trying to name-and-shame, nor be mean in some other way to The_B33F (or any other Streamer who might happen to do this in the future, whether accidental or intentional) either. It just seems to me like this type of issue should have been prevented before the Event began, or that a different Alt should have been used in order to not cause unwanted disruption. Heck, maybe I am the only one so far to really take notice of this... But, it leaves me wondering if we really want to expose the younger generations of MechWarriors to this kind of thing? Posted Image

Intended With Complete Respect And Best Regards,
D. V. "Glad for the Event....... Rather confused & concerned over the unfiltered odd & gross username..." Devnull

LOL.

#38 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:06 AM

Sorry, but if peepeepoopoo offends you ... I dunno man. Maybe expose yourself to more of the real world. Kids in 1st grade hear that and worse. I live in a nice area and my daughter told me in 2nd grade that the boys spent most of their recess giving each other the finger.

Unless there are kids <6 years old playing I can't imagine they'll learn anything new from that name.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to write to Daeron -- thanks for the event and streamers. Much appreciated.

Edited by Kodan Black, 26 February 2021 - 07:07 AM.

#39 GlizzyGobbler98

LeBoeuf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:16 AM

uh oh

#40 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger