Where Is The Solaris Event For Current Season?

10 replies to this topic

#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:22 AM

Current season has started at least 2 weeks ago and still no solaris event, what's going on?

#2 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:29 AM

Didn't they say they won't do these anymore since no1 plays this?

#3 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 02:02 PM

The event was a good stimulant to attract players, taking it out would be a condemnation for that game mode Posted Image

Edited by Ridersofdoom, 14 April 2021 - 02:02 PM.

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

An uninteresting game mode, which was not interested in Battletech, does not become more interesting through an event ... is like the stupid Battle Royale in CoD Warzone the absolute time-wasting Gulag there, so only loot money, you can forget the rest. I don't play team games to then play the gladiator in an arena to work my way up somewhere on uninteresting lists to get a virtual laurel wreath

#5 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:58 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 15 April 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

An uninteresting game mode, which was not interested in Battletech, does not become more interesting through an event ... is like the stupid Battle Royale in CoD Warzone the absolute time-wasting Gulag there, so only loot money, you can forget the rest. I don't play team games to then play the gladiator in an arena to work my way up somewhere on uninteresting lists to get a virtual laurel wreath

If they could make it like Mw4, even in PvE mode...

Nah, who am I kidding. Posted Image

#6 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:36 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 21 April 2021 - 10:58 PM, said:

If they could make it like Mw4, even in PvE mode...

Nah, who am I kidding. Posted Image

:D im hate the claustophobic Arenas :) im a Fan of open world and Large Maps

#7 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:48 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 23 April 2021 - 02:36 AM, said:

Posted Image im hate the claustophobic Arenas Posted Image im a Fan of open world and Large Maps

Yeah... I was thinking that MwO would be damn better if the CW would be thought since beginning, but with much more diverse options.

But about Solaris Arenas... Too bad that PGI weren't go the Mw4:M route.

Especially about The Big Game. Posted Image

#8 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:51 AM

Probably focusing on the other events. Bring in new players, get them back... then hopefully some solaris events once population is up a bit.

With that said... everyone I know played solaris purely for the rewards. They didn't really like it, but they'd do a couple quick matches till they got the rewards, then back to the regular games.

Personally, I got tired of tweaking specific builds. And getting hammered in the mean time while I tuned them. Then accidentally dropping that build in QP and having no where NEAR enough ammo lol

#9 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:05 AM

Yep, lets try and incentivise a game mode that would only benefit a very small minority by offering up seals . . . hmm, does this sound like CW/FP and the problems those modes have(had)?

#10 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:40 AM

View PostD A T A, on 06 March 2021 - 05:22 AM, said:

Current season has started at least 2 weeks ago and still no solaris event, what's going on?

As someone that used to love this game mode and have started playing again I would love to see a Solaris event again. Is this happening or not PGI?

#11 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:44 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 15 April 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

So it sounds like you were never interested in the first place. That's fine. People who are interested enjoyed earning rewards playing a more competitive game mode. In addition to the influx of people the event brings in because of the high rewards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users