General Metagame Social

23 replies to this topic

#21 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:52 PM

They are making some changes, been some nice weapons changes, my fav so far is erll getting a shorter range and Light Guass getting bumped to 11 damage. They appear to have a lot more in the works.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:14 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 29 March 2021 - 12:51 PM, said:

FP used to be the MWO Endgame until it was taken out behind the shed.

I would rephrase it as "Russ Bullock used to talk so much about how the Community Warfare is going to be the MWO endgame content" ....

Posted Image

View PostVlad Ward, on 29 March 2021 - 12:51 PM, said:

Unlike Solaris, there were plenty of FP players once upon a time.

You are absolutely right - there really used to be a lot players in the CW ... about four or five weeks after its introduction.

When everybody had realized how much the CW sucks (bad game mode design, bad map design, no team balancing, 'Mech and weapon quirks favouring IS or Clan ridiculously and more so in the CW, etc.), then the majority of the MWO players returned to the Casual Solo queue or left the MWO alltogether.

#23 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:26 AM

Haven't played more than a handful of games in over 2 years...so Tier decays now? Or was it reset?

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 30 March 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

Haven't played more than a handful of games in over 2 years...so Tier decays now? Or was it reset?

Here comes the explanation:

► All MWO players - every single one, fresh Cadets included - were moved to the mid-Tier 3 in July 2020. ▼

► In December 2020 PGI made another movement: All players registered after July 2020 with less than 20-25 games have been moved to Tier 5. The PGI's original intent was to move those new Cadets (i.e. new players registered after July 2020 and with less than 20-25 games) to Tier 5, so they would not have to face skilled Tier 1 and Tier 2 players. ▼

► How I understand it, that was the intent ... ▼

► Now insert a piece of PGI's programming. ▼

All players with less than 20-25 games played after July 2020 were moved to Tier 5, even if they have been registered since 2011. ▼

► Depending on how good player you are and how often you play, you should move out of Tier 3 in a week or two, and arrive to Tier 1 in another week or two. ▼

► Have fun!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users