Game Improvements

3 replies to this topic

#1 C O N A N

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:08 PM

There are a few changes that would be easy for you to add.

1) Add a second and third pilot skill tree, more expensive, but it would give those of us with much XP to have something to spend it on. And we would have to buy gold to convert it.

2) Also maybe add a second drop to quick play battle mode

3) It is high time to end light mech's ability to just run into higher class mechs legs with no consequence. This is an abuse which parts from the original board game and makes lights in general OP, and puts all classes of mech above them at a severe disadvantage. Light mechs should be compelled by consequence to avoid getting too near any high class mech's legs, especially assault mechs which should instantly leg a light mech if contact is made. A light mech should not be able to avoid death from an assault mech merely because the light mech masterfully humps assault leg to avoid its firing arc, that should be auto death zone for light mechs.

4) The scoring needs to be adjusted to include damage taken as a positive factor in the calculations for match score with the appropriate rewards associated.

5) Increase quick play matches to 20 per side.

6) turn on the post mortem free cam. The game would be so much more enjoyable if we could see a birds eye view of the battle. Maybe take a cue from World Of Warships here.

Edited by C O N A N, 10 March 2021 - 08:13 PM.

#2 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 07:56 PM

ok 3 and 4 are kinda understandable, especially 4. all this other stuff is very bad. for example... the convert things to special additional quirks for your mech using gold and xp: extremely pay to play coz there is so much built up xp that simply buying gold to convert all your xp would make it pay to play. You haven't elaborated much on your second point and besides doesn't even really make sense anyway even if you did explain it. Everyone except me would hate the third point with the light mech thing coz that is literally all light mechs do and most people really just do that coz they don't have enough c-bills to get assault mechs coz they spent all their cadet bonus on little mechs and they never got a game over 600 damage and that's why they can't afford it... *breathes in*

You already get a salvage bonus at the end of the round if you manage to survive and it is based on how much hit points your mech has left. Making it so you get more points for having more damage taken reverses this effect. Not enough players for 20 players a side unless they implement my patented auto-match queue system... Also maps like the classic series will suffer due to the area being so small.

Freecam at the end after you die makes it possible for players to have more of an insight into the whereabouts of the enemy mechs and matters as they are already allows the player to stay at the location of death, call out observations and provide intel from this position. If there is already this possibility and it is there to be exploited, why would we need a freecam after you die so you can wizz around and act like a manned aerial reconnaissance vehicle... that is invisible... and also invincible and also can go through mechs... really not a thing to be in the mwo game, mate.

#3 C O N A N

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 02:01 PM

FREE CAM in post mortem:

One would only be able to see mechs that are being spotted by the team, thus eliminating and possible extra intell. Just like world of warships.

Salvage bonus, rarely applies to assault and heavy mech which usually die or take severe damage. It is there role to do so, thus when they perform there role well, taking higher damage, there should be some reward or bonus for success.

Regarding a second drop, it is a reference to the four drops you get in faction play. (four mech lifes per game). A second drop (or life) would extend the quick match play and make battles longer. I think everyone would appreciate longer quick battles. There are things about faction play I could suggest, but it is so broken, and so dead, that it is very hard to get a game , let alone conquer the galaxy.

#4 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 04:20 PM

Oh, ok... sorry I misunderstood. Yes what you have said validates them in my books... they are all valid suggestions that would be a positive motion in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users