Racs And Gauss Are Too Quiet

7 replies to this topic

#1 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 04:41 AM

I have not played in quite awhile, but have returned for the event. I have noticed that at some point the volume for RAC spinup and gauss charge has now been severely reduced. As anyone who uses these weapons knows, the charge time is an important factor. Usually I try to keep spinning my RACs until I get where I need to be to fire, or just before I round on someone to prefire. If you're not aimed yet, you can stop short of firing and start again. As for the gauss, it's important to release at just the right time, which is cued by sound.

Even if I am still and in testing grounds, these sounds are so quiet I can barely hear them. If I'm moving the sound is completely drowned out. Basically any sound- people talking, walking, or firing, to say nothing of explosions, means the sound is drowned out. Before you could always hear these very important sounds.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? Is there at least a bug report on it? Because this is kind of ridiculous. I understand the actual firing sounds for machine guns and RACs were reduced in volume long ago. I was not a huge fan of that, but I understand why people wanted it. However the prefire sounds didn't need reduction IMHO for the reasons I have mentioned.

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 04:51 AM

Do you have positional audio enabled? Disabling that may help. I know simulated 7.1 in my old headset made nearby noises drown out more distant ones pretty bad.

#3 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 March 2021 - 10:22 PM

I understand Gauss but i think your Audio might be bugged because RACS are way to loud..

#4 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:50 PM

View PostSamial, on 12 March 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

I understand Gauss but i think your Audio might be bugged because RACS are way to loud..

The RACs themselves are definitely loud enough once fired. I am talking about the sound they make when they are spinning up. RACs take a few seconds to spin up before they fire, so a good tactic is to hit them repeatedly so they almost spin up .. that way, when you are ready to fire, they are more or less ready to fire as well. It's a very subtle thing. Alternatively, you can spin them up right before you round on someone to fire on them, but you don't wnat those bullets to hit cover, miss the target or give them a headsup.

View PostLockheed_, on 12 March 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

I haven't used the original game audio in years. I run Haven Kendricks sound mod. All the weapons have much better sounds there anyway. HG is especially satisfying.

I'm definitely using the basic game .. I will try and look into this mod you speak of - I am out of the loop as far as mods go.

#5 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:57 PM

View PostGagis, on 12 March 2021 - 04:51 AM, said:

Do you have positional audio enabled? Disabling that may help. I know simulated 7.1 in my old headset made nearby noises drown out more distant ones pretty bad.

I checked my sound settings and "spatial sound" is turned off (at least for my headphones) - I guess that is what they called it...
No effects are currently enabled on my headphone settings, it seems.

#6 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,833 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:10 AM

I've been using the sound pack for quite a while and haven't noticed. Give it a try it really improves the immersion.

#7 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:09 AM

View PostAnachronda, on 12 March 2021 - 11:50 PM, said:

The RACs themselves are definitely loud enough once fired. I am talking about the sound they make when they are spinning up. RACs take a few seconds to spin up before they fire, so a good tactic is to hit them repeatedly so they almost spin up .. that way, when you are ready to fire, they are more or less ready to fire as well. It's a very subtle thing. Alternatively, you can spin them up right before you round on someone to fire on them, but you don't wnat those bullets to hit cover, miss the target or give them a headsup.

I'm definitely using the basic game .. I will try and look into this mod you speak of - I am out of the loop as far as mods go.

Ah i see yes i hear no spin up sound.

#8 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 01:34 PM

My biggest complaint about Heavy Gauss is that you can't see the projectile very easily. Comparatively, you can see the clan er ppc projectile fairly easily.

Edited by ColourfulConfetti, 13 March 2021 - 01:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users