New Armor Types

2 replies to this topic

#1 Darion Rothgarr

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 06:44 AM

If they are looking at pushing the Timeline up, I believe its time for New Armor types for mechs.

A bit of an Edit wih the addition of Reinforced structure:

Reflective Armor (both Clan and IS) - 10 Crits, 10% fewer Armor points per ton. Energy Damage is reduced by 50%.
Reactive Armor (both Is and Clan) - 10 Crits. 10% fewer Armor points per ton. Ballistic and Missile Damage is reduced by 50%.
Heavy Ferro Armor (IS only)- 21Crits - 25% More Armor points per ton, 10% damage decrease from all weapons.
Ferro Lamellar Armor (Clan only) - 14 Crits - 10% more Armor points, Damage reduced by 25% from All weapons.

Reinforced Structure - (both Clan and IS) - Double Weight of Structure, 6 Crits - 50% damage reduction on Internal Structure.

Could make for some interesting Tanking Mechs. :D

Edited by Darion Rothgarr, 19 March 2021 - 05:15 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:07 PM

I like them from lore, but I think the damage reduction would start a new meta race. Not in favor of it, honestly.

By this point in the timeline, game balance was kind of taking a back seat to the pressure to push out new tech for the tabletop. I never play Word of Blake era stuff for that reason.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 18 March 2021 - 12:10 PM.

#3 Darion Rothgarr

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:54 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 18 March 2021 - 12:07 PM, said:

I like them from lore, but I think the damage reduction would start a new meta race. Not in favor of it, honestly.

By this point in the timeline, game balance was kind of taking a back seat to the pressure to push out new tech for the tabletop. I never play Word of Blake era stuff for that reason.

Maybe a bit more balance can be made by having the Reflective/ Reactive Armor provide 10% less Armor points per ton, making it a bit heavier.
The numbers are just more a place value and subject to change. Rock/Paper/Scissors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users