New Ppc Mech Builds (March 2021)

49 replies to this topic

#41 Wattila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 08:25 PM

Didn't see anyone post the 4xLPPC Panther (9R), or missed it, so here goes. Firing all 4 is pretty comfortable, or can do 3+1.

https://mech.nav-alp...9e0868ca_PNT-9R

Here's more of a meme build, WHM-4L 2xHPPC + 3xLPPC. The ECM lets you get hilarious flanks or win trades pretty comfortably.

https://mech.nav-alp...d8a28b9_WHM-4LL

Another fun build, WHM-BW or WHM-6R 2xAC10 + 4xLPPC. 48pt PPFLD.

https://mech.nav-alp...3ddb9e8f_WHM-BW

Edited by Wattila, 18 March 2021 - 08:30 PM.

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:21 PM

theres the tripple lppc street cleaner. it has generic velocity and cooldown quirks and a small heat dissipation quirk. its also the fast urbie. as a bonus it was pretty good before the patch, so its probibly a lot better now, though i havent gotten around to running it just yet. allocate torso armor as desired, if you strip some armor from the head, you can swap the jjs for ams and a ton of ammo if your playstyle favors working in the open.

STREET CLEANER

obligatory: urbie op!

Edited by LordNothing, 18 March 2021 - 09:26 PM.

#43 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 04:36 AM

Guys, don't laugh but I think 3xHPPC Awesome is legit. 51 PPFLD that you can snap fire with no charge up mechanic is kinda broken. People used to cry about 2x Gauss 2x cERPPC loadouts, this is better.

Edited by kapusta11, 19 March 2021 - 04:36 AM.

#44 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:40 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 19 March 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

Guys, don't laugh but I think 3xHPPC Awesome is legit. 51 PPFLD that you can snap fire with no charge up mechanic is kinda broken. People used to cry about 2x Gauss 2x cERPPC loadouts, this is better.

It can be heat neutral too.

#45 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:13 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 19 March 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

Not laughing. It was actually decent before the patch.

View PostSamial, on 18 March 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Gotta laugh at all these XL engines on Assaults..

Depending on the assault and build type/role, its not that big of a deal. In many cases its a rarity that it comes to bite me, and my enjoyment post losing a side torso on an LFE mech is typically not very high between slow speed, less weapons and less heat efficiency. Especially in some builds where your fire power is one side and your heat sinks are on another. Either way, your match is basically over.

#46 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:11 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 18 March 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

I find the lights are much easier to fit into a build, though they are quite hardpoint intensive. 3 lights is a 21 point alpha, so its more effective than 1 heavy and its 1 ton lighter. 3 lights plus some lasers or srms to keep you safe in the short range is a formula for at least some success.

The Crabbo might not be your mech for it.

Can't fit three lights into a Florentine.. And i bought it i need to use it.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 March 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

Depending on the assault and build type/role, its not that big of a deal. In many cases its a rarity that it comes to bite me, and my enjoyment post losing a side torso on an LFE mech is typically not very high between slow speed, less weapons and less heat efficiency. Especially in some builds where your fire power is one side and your heat sinks are on another. Either way, your match is basically over.

I see so many Assaults fold with XLs in tier 4 and 5.. i always aim for shoulders these days. And heavies like riflemen/jagermechs heh

Here is a fun mech
BJ-3

Edited by Samial, 19 March 2021 - 09:20 PM.

#47 Wattila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:24 AM

Here's another meme build. AWS-8Q 3xHPPC 3xLPPC. You can fire those back-to-back with some heat skills for 72 points of PPFLD (or alpha for an honoraburu death when all hope is lost).

https://mech.nav-alp...df241c03_AWS-8Q

#48 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:53 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 March 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

If anything, it felt better before the patch. Awesomes can boat a lot of heatsinks already, so the cooldown nerf really kills it for me.

#49 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:56 AM

View PostSamial, on 19 March 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

I see so many Assaults fold with XLs in tier 4 and 5.. i always aim for shoulders these days. And heavies like riflemen/jagermechs heh

That's not really a good indicator there. Tier 4/5 is a different game. I played it recently, and the amount of derp is so high, one would think even standard engines on assaults are too fragile.

#50 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 12:12 PM

2 snub and and lb20 on a warhammer felt decent but hot. like it overheats faster then you think but if you can work around that might be a decent brawly type build to work out on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users