The Sacrifice

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gnarrel

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 02:42 AM

Is it just me or should a mech pilot go up in ranking if he/she makes the choice to sacrifice himself for the team win. I was in a match where me( in a kodak) and a atlas where the targets for the other team in quick play as the rest of the team captured there base in assault and we won the match but we were killed in the process and went down in ranking. Does any one else think that if you make the ultimate sacrifice for the team you should go up in ranking and not down?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,817 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 March 2021 - 06:01 AM

Nice idea, but the game engine doesn’t know the difference between a player being brutally killed versus a player being brutally killed in furtherance of some plan. That’s a human judgement.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 10:26 AM

many a times i died with great glory. whether or not that led my brethren to victory, who knows.

there were a few cases where me doing something stupid really paid off later in the match. those are usually the fun games.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,817 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 March 2021 - 05:58 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 March 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

many a times i died with great glory. whether or not that led my brethren to victory, who knows.

there were a few cases where me doing something stupid really paid off later in the match. those are usually the fun games.

Indeed! When I can get 4-5 reds to chase me when I’m playing the squirrel, my team wins. Me, not so much.

So, yeah, you don’t play the squirrel every match, because it’s not great for match score. Usually I wait until I have a high multiplier so I can pick the map or the game type to increase my chances of being a good squirrel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users