About Gulag Pts

40 replies to this topic

#21 Storming Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

Ahh the speech natso's, the bitter, angrier and nastier version of the grammar natso's.
Remember no one has a right not to be offended. Obviously don't go mental, but still.

Edited by Storming Angel, 22 March 2021 - 09:23 AM.

#22 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:23 AM

View PostIL ORSO, on 22 March 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

Any and all gulag related stuff has now been renamed to The Cauldron. I hope this is a better word choice than gulag. Thanks for your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience.

no hard feelings, thanks for your understanding
but please change the name of the topic here and in future announcements
https://www.reddit.c...is_coming_soon/

P.S. gulag is a death camps - no freedom and choice, only death through work
but you guys volunteers - and I respect volunteers, coz MWO community need you

Edited by Rkshz, 22 March 2021 - 09:26 AM.

#23 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:30 AM

View PostRkshz, on 22 March 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

no hard feelings, thanks for your understanding
but please change the name of the topic here and in future announcements
https://www.reddit.c...is_coming_soon/

but you guys volunteers - and I respect volunteers, coz MWO community need you

We don't have access to that reddit post. And the poster might not be able to change the title. We'll have to see if moderators can.

#24 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 22 March 2021 - 09:30 AM, said:

We don't have access to that reddit post. And the poster might not be able to change the title. We'll have to see if moderators can.

It's literally impossible to, there's no way to change the initial title of the post.

#25 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:45 AM

Ah, the tyranny of the offended minority opinion. Will be the downfall or modern society someday. Oh well, rage on snowflakes.

To be completely unoffensive, name should be changed to "group of <insert preferred gender term here> beings working on MWO improvement project"

Boring.....

#26 FlutterKOHb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 557 posts
  • LocationNovosibirsk

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:48 AM

View PostRkshz, on 22 March 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

А меня оскорб-ляет сравнение Советских лагерей с фашистскими.
Дед у меня в лагере сидел, дед у меня немец, говорил что в окопах кормили куда хуже. Так что, не всё так однозначно.

And now to say somewhat to that other cavil, of biting. This liberty was ever permitted to all men's wits, to make their smart, witty reflections on the common errors of mankind, and that too without offense, as long as this liberty does not run into licentiousness; which makes me the more admire the tender ears of the men of this age, that can away with solemn titles. (С)

Edited by FlutterKOHb, 22 March 2021 - 09:57 AM.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 10:22 AM

i always thought it was cute when youngins call out facism and extremism and the like while simultaneously on the slippery slope towards equally destructive ideologies.

its the angel of death problem all over again. slayer got a lot of flak for that song, got accused of being {Godwin's Law} while also kicking skinheads out of their shows for displaying swastikas. if you make it so nobody can talk about the holocaust, for example, then that puts you on the path of forgetting it. and what do they say, "never forget". by making it wrong to speak of atrocity, you may very well be setting up the next one.

when fighting evil one should take care not to embrace it.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 March 2021 - 10:23 AM.

#28 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 March 2021 - 10:22 AM, said:

i always thought it was cute when youngins call out facism and extremism and the like while simultaneously on the slippery slope towards equally destructive ideologies.

its the angel of death problem all over again. slayer got a lot of flak for that song, got accused of being {Godwin's Law} while also kicking skinheads out of their shows for displaying swastikas. if you make it so nobody can talk about the holocaust, for example, then that puts you on the path of forgetting it. and what do they say, "never forget". by making it wrong to speak of atrocity, you may very well be setting up the next one.

when fighting evil one should take care not to embrace it.

Thats right, but making it harmless or cute is not the way, just look at the quote:

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 22 March 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

Group was called so for literally 3 years at this point and main reason because i's basicaly free unpaid labor by people who are geing constant flak from "casual" MWO players.

This is the perfect example ...
Some guys doing something in their free time for their hobby is something totaly different then what happend in the gulag.

Its too late LordNothing, they forget ...

#29 Saint OZ

• 2,701 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:18 PM

denAirwalkerrr just made a substitution of concepts.
Actually, this is the Baikal-Amur Mainline Railway or the Virgin Soil, not a Gulag. Guys are our Prometheuses or Danko, not slaves or prisoners.

#30 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:39 PM

This is just as ridiculous and pathetic as the anti-{Godwin's Law} responses to the Ballistic LT thunderbolt hero "Edelweiss" I suggested that was based on MG42 with the theme of "true soldier".

The snowflake normies really should vacate the internet.

View PostIL ORSO, on 22 March 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

Any and all gulag related stuff has now been renamed to The Cauldron. I hope this is a better word choice than gulag. Thanks for your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience.

And that is why Comedy is dying.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 22 March 2021 - 09:43 PM.

#31 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2021 - 10:30 PM

Why not just call it what they are "elitist entitled meta obsessed group"

Edited by Samial, 22 March 2021 - 10:30 PM.

#32 Lousyten

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 10:53 PM

View PostSamial, on 22 March 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

Because they're not.

#33 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:35 AM

View PostLou Tenant, on 22 March 2021 - 10:53 PM, said:

Because they're not.

Lies

#34 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:48 AM

View PostRkshz, on 22 March 2021 - 07:07 AM, said:

I have only one question - when did the GULAG become funny???
do you have no creativity? or brains? can we joke about the holocaust? or genocide? or 11 September? or ISIS? why not?!

my relatives and the people of my country died in the GULAGs by the millions, for me and people of my country this is NOT a funny - this is terrible!

hey PGI, so what about political correctness? or do we have double standards?

While I get your complaint I'm going to point something out:

Battletech, as a concept, takes place in the far future of the 3000's. Also various Houses, Perephary Powers, ect, have used Gulags as part of their punishment scheme in the fiction of battletech.

What you will find, if you are in this franchise long enough, is that what happens in BattleTech often mirrors things that happened in the real world. Atrocities we should have moved past, get brought back up, let's not forget that during the succession wars era the great houses basically nuked themselves into oblivion... Let's not forget the orbital bombardment Massacre perpetuated by the Smoke Jaguar's.

Do you have a problem with the GULAG as presented in CoD Warzone? Just because it's called the Gulag? If so, wow, that sucks and I'm sorry you have such an issue with it. And I can understand where it would be a sore spot, on the same token, BattleTech, and by extension MechWarrior, are beholden to it's own history as well. Or did you forget about the literal era called JIHAD in BattleTech?

editing note: Just pointing out too, I HATE the Jihad era for exactly what it represents in the real world, and I do my best to avoid that era of BattleTech for a good few reasons, still doesn't change the fact of that's what we have.

Edited by CMDR Sunset Shimmer, 23 March 2021 - 12:56 AM.

#35 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:01 AM

View PostSamial, on 22 March 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

And there it is.

It's not the "gulag" as a word, it's just an aversion to a specific group of people that you scapegoated with a word.

#36 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:54 AM

With all that is wrong with this game,
This is what people are getting their knickers in a twist about.
THIS!!!
Really?

I've got two words for you......

GROW UP!

For Christs sake people! Can we get through one damn day without some one getting their "Feelings" hurt by something?

#37 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:11 AM

Thread moved to Kaetetôã

#38 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:21 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 22 March 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

...to the Ballistic LT thunderbolt hero...

sorry you got me right there. me wanty thunderbolt shoulder cannon!

#39 AweDeus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:02 AM

Well, actualy GULAG its just - Glavnoye Upravleniye Lagerey, with means "General Directorate of Forced Labor Camps", its just regular labor's camp Directorate, like in other's country, like USA.

https://en.wikipedia...e_United_States
https://en.wikipedia...ison_Industries
https://en.wikipedia...ki/Penal_labour

to compare the practice of labor camps with the Holocaust is to succumb to bourgeois propaganda. Not soviets invented concentration camps and forced labor camps -> https://en.wikipedia...entration_camps and we used them not to kill, but to fix real ********, - White terrorists (that themselves used concentration camps of death in civil war https://en.wikipedia...ki/Tampere_camp), village bandits (whom for some reason it is customary to justify and call them "kulaks"), rapists, war criminals. Only small parts of gulags populations was being political prisoners, but they also expressed for the most part the extreme right, nationalist or generally fascist, as they would now be called "suprematists" views. Like Solzhenitsyn, who dreamed of nationalist states of Russians, Belarusians and Ukrainians. His dreams came true, by the way, now we live in real **** and we are at war among ourselves...
So, yea, i think GULAGS and prisons camps for right wings its a good thing in general to correct their radical views, only it is not necessary to kill anyone on purpose, I do not approve of the death penalty..

Edited by AweDeus, 31 March 2021 - 03:29 AM.

#40 Riogar Daylighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 328 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick Canada

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:46 PM

I don't know a thing about Gulags but I do know a lot about PAW PATROL!!!!!It has such a snappy theme song that I can't seem to...Wait now Pepa Pig is a thing.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users