Add Sound - Top Priority

5 replies to this topic

#1 Tranquil1

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 12:28 PM

I have no complaints about the other maps and I like all the maps. Even though HPG has good map design it's clearly broken and should be removed from the pool until it's fixed. How is it broken? In 1st person mode there is sound. In 3rd person mode there is no sound. That's a broken mechanic. It' gives a clear advantage to people who prefer 1st person only and a disadvantage to 3rd person players. Even though I can play fine in 3rd it's pathetic playing with no sound. I'm aware that the game was released as 1st person only and that 3rd person was added later. I refused to play the game until 3rd person was added during that time. Throughout the history of mechwarrior games I've preferred playing in 3rd person. While others may prefer 1st person and may even be snobish about it as some seem to be, there is no reason for people to be limited to 1 mode only on any map. The whole "it's a vacuum in space" nonsense argument should be ignored in favor of balance and play ability. The only people who would say that anyway are people who only play in 1st person on that map. Just add sound to HPG. Solve this lingering problem that's been going on for too long. Otherwise keep up the good work and I wan't to say that I really enjoy the game for the most part and hope the development is inclusive of players like me in the future.

Edited by Tranquil1, 25 March 2021 - 09:36 PM.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:51 PM

Is a vacum outside your mech
Sound doesnt travel in a vacum
Posted Image

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:02 AM

Solo is right...the lack of sound from outsides your mech and the changed sounds that your mech makes are fully intentional since it is a vacuum map !!! This means you can only hear sounds conveyed to you by the ground and the sounds of your mech(beeing hitPosted Image ).

Edited by The Basilisk, 30 March 2021 - 05:02 AM.

#4 Frenzy Engine

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:04 AM

Yes, Solo is right ... in part. I would assume though that if I have the technology to make a walking tank with lasers, then I would assume I could make a '3rd person floating robot thingy' that mics the cabin of my mech. ( know there's gotta be an actual name for it, but it's escaping me right now).

Yes, HPG is in space so yes its a vacuum and hence no sound. But for crying out loud, walkie talkies have been a thing since longer than I've been alive (and no I will not say that I'm older than dirt Posted Image , but I am) . That 'floating thingy' should have comms to the interior of my mech. I've honestly never played MWO in third person except for peaking purposes (which I think is its actual purpose tactically speaking at least), but even if I'm only occassionally peaking with it, I do think an advanced civilization (sarcasm? I don't know lol) could accomplish sound between the two.

Edited by Frenzy Engine, 25 August 2021 - 10:06 AM.

#5 TestBacon

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:19 PM

I just want to be able to tell lasers are hitting me.

#6 Hierarch

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:44 AM

Who the F uses 3rd person?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users