April Dev Vlog #1

704 replies to this topic

#661 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:29 AM

So...can we like,restore atm's missile damage back to 3?they basicly are LRMs with tighter spread and a deadzone now.Clan streaks also have seen no revival in quick play as far as i saw,seen a few huntsman boating these without great effect.IF boating these is as much as an issue as people claim..work with quantity limits instead or whatever and restore their damage while keeping the cooldown as is

#662 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:41 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 May 2021 - 10:59 AM, said:

Why?

Why would Tier 3-5 players understand game balance?

Players that mostly play comp and in BIG groups in faction warfare are too out of touch with the reality of qp and the concerns of the higher tiers.. as evidenced by all the unnecessary buffs.. (and streak nerf? lol)

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 11 May 2021 - 11:43 AM.

#663 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:42 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

Players that mostly play comp and in BIG groups in faction warfare are too out of touch with reality..

Have any data to back that up or just more empty claims?

#664 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:47 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

Players that mostly play comp and in BIG groups in faction warfare are too out of touch with the reality of qp and the concerns of the higher tiers.. as evidenced by all the unnecessary buffs.. (and streak nerf? lol)

You do realize that because I only play CW I'm still tier 3 and tier 5 on my alt, right? I am literally one of the folks you say would understand game balance in one post and then one of the folks you say can't in the next.

You've invalidated your own arguements for me.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 11 May 2021 - 11:55 AM.

#665 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:51 AM

View PostLeone, on 11 May 2021 - 11:47 AM, said:

You do realize that because I only play CW I'm still tier 3 and tier 5 on my alt, right? I am literally on of the folks you say would understand game balance in one post and then one of the folks you say can't in the next.

You've invalidated your own arguements for me.

~Leone.

Alt accounts aside :P

#666 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:54 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 May 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

Have any data to back that up or just more empty claims?

My data is them buffing medium lasers.. my data is them adding more range on atms.. my data is them nerfing streaks.. i don't wanna go through all the unneeded/uncalled for changes.. but you start to get the idea.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 11 May 2021 - 11:59 AM.

#667 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:31 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

My data is them buffing medium lasers.. my data is them adding more range on atms.. my data is them nerfing streaks

clan med lasers were scorching hot so...atms didn't get a range buff i'm aware off,they perform slightly better at larger ranges but are a gimmick lrm at optimum range,atm9 being basicly equal to an lrm20 but with a deadzone.clan streak damage nerf is really redundant since they made them aim for seperate components ages ago

#668 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:36 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

My data is them buffing medium lasers.. my data is them adding more range on atms.. my data is them nerfing streaks.. i don't wanna go through all the unneeded/uncalled for changes.. but you start to get the idea.

And yet medium lasers are still absent from top builds and not overwhelming the opposition?

IS Medium Pulse Lasers were top tier, the others were meh.

#669 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 11 May 2021 - 06:11 PM

Why?

There's that helpful elitist attitude...

Are you a member of the Cauldron, BTW?

#670 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:53 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2021 - 09:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

Just this month alone. Not including the 10 days last month post-patch. The following numbers for this month are very easy to find for anyone that might wish to educate themselves on just how much Cauldron members play.

Krasnopesky - 67
Navid - 185
Bear - 63
D A T A - 70
dario - 30
Jay Z - 114
Brios - 210
Sean Lang - 231
Bows3r - 192
Myself - 70

Additonally there are still 6+ users I have not listed as they have not been overly making themselves known because when you get accused like this, why would you want to? Among the 10 players I have listed there has been a collective:

1,230 matches played in 12 days by public Cauldron members.

~100 games per day and it was likely similar last month post-patch.

How do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously when you make constant false statements like these?

Have a good think about what you're doing here and stop spreading this constant deluge of misinformation in the game/community. It is just not fair on people or players to be mislead like this.

#671 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:52 AM

Why?

That can be said about tier 1 and 2 as well.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 May 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

Krasnopesky - 67
Navid - 185
Bear - 63
D A T A - 70
dario - 30
Jay Z - 114
Brios - 210
Sean Lang - 231
Bows3r - 192
Myself - 70

To be fair Ash, your numbers are slanted by the Streamers who make their living playing the game.
Not taking anything away from any of the Cauldron, but your own numbers, excluding said streamers, is around 5-11 games a day, hardly game breaking numbers.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
As someone who used to play for hours a day, nut has slacked off due to various issues. I am glad to see renewed intrest in the game and have recently reinstalled hoping for better thing.

But nope, same ol'e salt mine

Edited by GaelicWolf, 12 May 2021 - 07:55 AM.

#672 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:25 AM

Wait wait... Your arguement is that they play too much to know how the game works? Or that they're professionals, so they shouldn't know as much as a hobbyist?

I'm sorry you've lost me. Maybe break down the logic for me?

I mean, when my car breaks down, I don't take it to my cousin, whose poor, and so learned how to maintain his own ride which is always breaking something or other. No, I take it to a gorram professional whose livelihood is knowing how cars work and what to do to fix 'em. Why would I want to do the opposite on fixing game balance? You're gonna hafta explain that one to me.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 12 May 2021 - 09:26 AM.

#673 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:43 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 11 May 2021 - 06:11 PM, said:

There's that helpful elitist attitude...

Are you a member of the Cauldron, BTW?

Nope.

In what way is that an elitist attitude? As if you had to be elite to be in Tier 1-2?

Elitist would be "you have to be on a top 5 competitive team to understand game balance."

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 12 May 2021 - 09:44 AM.

#674 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 12 May 2021 - 07:52 AM, said:

That can be said about tier 1 and 2 as well.

Not really. If I had to pick between Tier 1 balance input and Tier 3-5 balance input, that's a pretty obvious choice for me.

#675 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:40 PM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 12 May 2021 - 07:52 AM, said:

To be fair Ash, your numbers are slanted by the Streamers who make their living playing the game.
Not taking anything away from any of the Cauldron, but your own numbers, excluding said streamers, is around 5-11 games a day, hardly game breaking numbers.

To be fair what you've posted quite literally has nothing to do with the point of my post. I would suggest you re-read it a few times to fully grasp it's meaning as you too cannot be taken seriously if that's how you're going to reply to it.

FWIW, most of those guys have not actually streamed this month. Only Brios, Sean and Myself have if memory serves correct. So your little claim is in the same boat as Deadaloss.

It's dead wrong.

#676 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:55 PM

View PostSerenna187, on 11 May 2021 - 12:31 PM, said:

clan med lasers were scorching hot so...atms didn't get a range buff i'm aware off,they perform slightly better at larger ranges but are a gimmick lrm at optimum range,atm9 being basicly equal to an lrm20 but with a deadzone.clan streak damage nerf is really redundant since they made them aim for seperate components ages ago

I wouldn't call them scorching hot.. Clanners have amazing cooling ability.. if you're clan med's are that hot you might be looking at a mechlab fail... unless your going for that uber high alpha one-shot deal, then it's SUPPOSED to be hot. Anyway, clan mediums have amazing range and good damage.. that's the trade-off.

Regardless if the atm range and health buffs were a gimmick, they were unnecessary. ATMS need spread nerf.

IS Streaks got a cooldown nerf.. which is a hard hit against IS lights and mediums which mainly utilize them. There was no reason for this as you rarely see them on the battle field.

#677 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:14 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 May 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

Just this month alone. Not including the 10 days last month post-patch. The following numbers for this month are very easy to find for anyone that might wish to educate themselves on just how much Cauldron members play.

Krasnopesky - 67
Navid - 185
Bear - 63
D A T A - 70
dario - 30
Jay Z - 114
Brios - 210
Sean Lang - 231
Bows3r - 192
Myself - 70

Additonally there are still 6+ users I have not listed as they have not been overly making themselves known because when you get accused like this, why would you want to? Among the 10 players I have listed there has been a collective:

How do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously when you make constant false statements like these?

Have a good think about what you're doing here and stop spreading this constant deluge of misinformation in the game/community. It is just not fair on people or players to be mislead like this.

Thanks for digging up those numbers.. i'm glad it was easy and I'll trust that they are accurate. On an individual basis I gotta say however, those numbers aren't that impressive.. especially when you consider the extremely short match times. It's rather embarrassing that you would post some of them. I give credit to Lang as his numbers stand up to my scrutiny and I do see him quite often in matches. TBH I never knew he was a Cauldronite.. i always felt he displays good common sense and I wonder what changes he was against. Bowser at 192 as well, much respect.. although I don't recall seeing him that often in matches.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 May 2021 - 06:27 PM.

#678 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:10 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 May 2021 - 02:40 PM, said:

To be fair what you've posted quite literally has nothing to do with the point of my post. I would suggest you re-read it a few times to fully grasp it's meaning as you too cannot be taken seriously if that's how you're going to reply to it.

FWIW, most of those guys have not actually streamed this month. Only Brios, Sean and Myself have if memory serves correct. So your little claim is in the same boat as Deadaloss.

It's dead wrong.

Brother, I was making a joke.
Lighten up....
That's why I ended the way I did.....

I did state that I applaud all the work you all have done.
I did state that I am glad to be getting back into the game.

#679 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:18 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 12 May 2021 - 04:14 PM, said:

Thanks for digging up those numbers.. i'm glad it was easy and I'll trust that they are accurate. On an individual basis I gotta say however, those numbers aren't that impressive.. especially when you consider the extremely short match times. It's rather embarrassing that you would post some of them. I give credit to Lang as his numbers stand up to my scrutiny and I do see him quite often in matches. TBH I never knew he was a Cauldronite.. i always felt he displays good common sense and I wonder what changes he was against. Bowser at 192 as well, much respect.. although I don't recall seeing him that often in matches.

I didn't have to dig. Took me about 3mins to find them.

It is very, very shortsighted to think 100 games per day in 11 days as an average is not significant. Lets expand your mind shall we? The average match time is what 6m 30s. Lets reduce that to 4m for the sake of higher tier games and that is roughly what I am seeing.

4mins x 100 games = 400min (6.5hrs) of pure game time.

Now lets factor in:

Average load in/out time - 2mins each game. (200min total)
Search time - 2mins each game. (200min total)
Mechlab/skills some games you might/might not - 30s each game. (30min total)

Grand Total - 830mins / 13.8hrs.

If you honestly think that playing 14hrs of MWO in 11 days average across Cauldron members is not impressive - you're being extremely unreasonable, I'd say it's deliberate so at this point. You also then need to consider:
  • The time most of us are spending in the background having meetings with PGI. Discussing values, changes and forumulating proposals. (3-5hrs a week. Map meetings alone go for 90mins usually, once a week).
  • Participating in forums, facebook, forum posts etc etc.
  • Then having to stop the spread of misinformation from individuals like you.
Then factor in people have work, families/kids and life to live. So in 11 days many of us have spent easily 20-25hrs++. What more do you actually want?

From where I sit these numbers the Cauldron and community should be extremely proud of. If a very, very select few in the community still don't think it's enough good luck to them.

#680 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:34 PM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 12 May 2021 - 07:10 PM, said:

Brother, I was making a joke.
Lighten up....
That's why I ended the way I did.....

I did state that I applaud all the work you all have done.
I did state that I am glad to be getting back into the game.

I'll give you a hint, you needed to mention Chin cult, that will let him know you're joking next time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users