Weapon And Equipment Hopes For The Future.

suggestions thunderbolt mortar

22 replies to this topic

#1 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:48 PM

Anyone else feel this game is missing some key weapons? It might just be me playing roguetech and doing research but there are a few weapons I wish where in MW5 with out mods.

Those are as follows with links.

Thunderbolt missiles
https://www.sarna.ne...derbolt_Missile

Something about them I have always liked, the idea of an LRM missile that does high damage, could be fun for the game especially if it had two versions. Standard and HE. HE would do AOE damage making it really good for destruction objectives and wiping out lights. Though it still has the downside of being a single missile so anything with an AMS will wipe it out.

Mech mortars
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mech_Mortar

to give the Missile slots a different weapon type, these would fire like cannons but would be arcing shots, designed for indirect fire. lightly guided they can lock on. come in two types direct and indirect mounts. Direct mounts have a shorter range but more damage.

Would vissually use "missile" mount designs, but would have tubes in place of the missiles.

Binary laser Cannon (I know this is added by mods)
https://www.sarna.ne...ry_Laser_Cannon

Would be a nice laser option a purple beamed laser that with out double heat sinks overheats you like mad, but with them becomes twice the damage for the same weight making them a good DPH laser path.

Artillery cannons
https://www.sarna.ne.../Thumper_Cannon
https://www.sarna.ne...Long_Tom_Cannon

Extremely low ammo, high heat generation, limited to arm mounts and still take bonus mounts in the torso. These things do blast damage and lots of it, a single shot from a long tom being able to destroy the lightest of mechs. Extremely good for demo missions.

----------------------------------

equipment hopes for the future

PPC Capacitor (would be extremely late game)
https://www.sarna.ne...i/PPC_Capacitor

Must be placed in the same limb as the PPC's it is charging, double recharge time, damage, and range at a cost of having a chance to detonate when crit just like ammo.

AMS slot equipment.

Mine dispenser.

Fires off a burst of airburst missiles filled with anti vehicle or mech mines, single use. depending on the mine type they do 2 or 4 damage to any hostiles that hit them. Mines have IFF.

AMS SRM system

Can set SRMs to intercept missiles, has a much longer range then standard AMS but costs of locking you out of using your SRMs while it is active.

Small laser drone

Deploys a drone equiped with a small laser and an SRM 4, has one ton of ammo, the drone will follow you like your lance mates. Is a 5 ton item.

Battle armor hook

2 battle armor equiped infantry ride into battle with you, this costs 6 tons, these infantry can be dropped into battle at any time. The do not start fighting until told to drop in. they have BA laser and a srm 2. Their main focus would be a distraction.

Edited by warbrand2, 10 April 2021 - 11:16 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:59 PM

sounds like mods that already exist.

#3 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 03:23 PM

So.

#4 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 April 2021 - 04:51 PM

So download it.

If there's no mod for it, hows about learn how to mod?

#5 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:46 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 11 April 2021 - 04:51 PM, said:

So download it.

If there's no mod for it, hows about learn how to mod?

No, mods conflict and have problems, vanilla game features do not have those problems hence the idea for vanilla. If you block any ideas because there is a mod for it you block all ideas.

#6 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:27 AM

View Postwarbrand2, on 11 April 2021 - 10:46 PM, said:

No, mods conflict and have problems, vanilla game features do not have those problems hence the idea for vanilla. If you block any ideas because there is a mod for it you block all ideas.

No it's not blocked, if the mod exists for said Idea then the idea is already in fruition.

Sadly modding is the best way you can make your ideas into reality, because PGI is just that inept. They know it, that is why they released proper modding tools in the first place. You can complain all you like, how it is blocking the ideas or full of incompatibilities, but for all intents and purposes modding works and people are satisfied with it. Modding is the best way for you to get the experience you want, but you refuse, so that is on you.

I modded in FO4, knowing how to use xEdit and fix conflicts yourself is a must, because that is your game, that is your configuration. This is why I give PGI the flak because it's not available other than the EGS. That means the Steam community is excluded.

#7 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:51 AM

So basicly you are telling me don't hope for more in the base game, don't hope for more in DLCs give up and hope modders do the job....

#8 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

View Postwarbrand2, on 12 April 2021 - 08:51 AM, said:

So basicly you are telling me don't hope for more in the base game, don't hope for more in DLCs give up and hope modders do the job....

Yes, because that is what PGI did, that is what PGI set up.

If the base game wasn't moddable at all, I god damn guarantee you, barely any people would buy the game.

#9 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:39 PM

I should have looked at your posts before responding to you, seems like you are just here to hate on the game.... guess what not everyone plays the game with mods.

#10 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:53 PM

View Postwarbrand2, on 12 April 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

I should have looked at your posts before responding to you, seems like you are just here to hate on the game.... guess what not everyone plays the game with mods.

Wrong. I hate PGI and what they did. It's like you don't know PGI at all and how inept they are, one just needs to look at their history of handling MWO. I mean look at the balance they did this march, and that the community has to balance the game for them.

And whether I agree with you or not, whether I tell you that it is a good idea or not, fact is, PGI has it set up that they expect modders to fix their game for them, and poorly at that because it's just on EGS if you want to author your own mods.

They way I see it, you can either just keep requesting your features here that I guarantee that will go nowhere; or you can mod the game yourself whether by using premade mods or build mods on your own.

I am not the one losing out on the experience you want, you are.

If you finally come to your senses, you should check these mods out.
- MW5 Compatibility Suite
- Source HD Texture
- MW5 Reloaded
- 3D Hud
- Yet Another Mech Reloaded
- Yet Another Weapon
- Yet Another Weapon Clan
- Obscure IS Weapons
- Better Spawns
- Better Performance
- Better Negotiation
- Better Mechbay UI
- Better Markets
- Modified Armor Repair
- No Friendly Fire
- Hidden Camo Patterns
- Hidden Color Schemes
- Paint Theme Saving
- More Mech Salvage
- Limp Fix
- improved Mech Shader
- Industrial Hub Hireable Pilots
- Market Tab Recolor
- SMMOD Audio Visual Overhaul
- Grass Dithering
- MW2 Betty
- Atlas Eye Glow
- Improved Weather
- Cockpit Glass
- Biome Heat Effects
- Random Biome Weather
- Starmap Mouse-Over Info
- Red Gray Missile Tips
- TTRulez Enemy AI
- TTRulez Lancemate AI
- Scary Tanks
- Revamped Avatars
- Prime8's Botanical Overhaul
- Prime8's NARC-TAG Fix
- Combat Zone Difficulty Mod
- Coyotes Mission Pack

Edited by The6thMessenger, 12 April 2021 - 07:34 PM.

#11 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 10:33 PM

Once again, not everyone uses mods, I do not use mods.

#12 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 10:39 PM

View Postwarbrand2, on 12 April 2021 - 10:33 PM, said:

Once again, not everyone uses mods, I do not use mods.

Then too bad. You aren't getting the weapons you want from PGI. It doesn't makes sense for them to work on new weapons that modders already provided. They are already allergic to hard work.

Yet Another Weapons actually have most of the weapons you asked, but hey, you do you.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 12 April 2021 - 10:43 PM.

#13 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:02 PM

I am sorry that you think a company that is actively working on new weapons for the DLC wouldn't do work in the future. You must be a child or have the worlds worst grudge I am going to start ignoring you now.

#14 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

I want to know why MW5 systems are not in MWO.

#15 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

I mean... Bethesda... You know...
It's getting so the "I can play doom on X" meme is going to become "you can you play Skyrim on X" full mod support there.

#16 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:41 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 13 April 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

I want to know why MW5 systems are not in MWO.

Because again they are allergic to hard work. They want to revitalize MWO, but is too lazy to port it to MW5 engine.

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 13 April 2021 - 02:54 PM, said:

I mean... Bethesda... You know...
It's getting so the "I can play doom on X" meme is going to become "you can you play Skyrim on X" full mod support there.

At least Bethesda gets away with it because Fallout 3, NV, and 4 and Skyrim had been great games. Their modding community is MASSIVE, they have their modding tools.

What does PGI have for a mod tool? Just the open project in the Unreal Editor. Even A Hat in Time has their own mod tools that they were able to propagate in Steam.

That is the hill that PGI wants MW5 to die on, let them.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:46 PM

so far the modders have been the only reason i haven't uninstalled the game yet.

at the end of the day ideas are cheap, but those people who take their ideas and do something with them are priceless. pgi did that, but they are a buisness so that only goes so far, as long as there is something in it for them. but modders can go all the way.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 April 2021 - 07:02 PM.

#18 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:43 PM

I have to wonder why people who obviously hate the game stick around?

#19 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:23 PM

View Postwarbrand2, on 15 April 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

I have to wonder why people who obviously hate the game stick around?

Because it has the potential to be good, potential that is brought out by mods. That is why we have been telling you to mod it

If you still don't understand that I can't help you. If you still don't want to mod, that is on you.

#20 warbrand2

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:21 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 April 2021 - 06:23 PM, said:

Because it has the potential to be good, potential that is brought out by mods. That is why we have been telling you to mod it

If you still don't understand that I can't help you. If you still don't want to mod, that is on you.

so you hate the game, don't want people to ask for it to be improved and want them to go to a 3rd party for that.... that just sounds stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users