Mech &/ Loadout Selection After Map Selection

1 reply to this topic

#1 Duerre

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:39 PM

Good day,

I don't know where to put this in the forums.

This is just an opinion and I wanna know what the forum community's opinion about it too.

Has this ever been suggested before?

Anyhow, like the title says, wouldn't it seem best for the players to have selection mechs after map selection?

We know there are certain maps that are good and bad for certain mech builds. Or even just for the heck of able to choosing a different mech on every different map match up already seems a good idea, we can have it during that 1 minute waiting for players to connect, if a player late connects, mech loadout in hangar will be the default choice or whichever in mech selection is applicable etc.

Now there are a lot of other ways to do this but these 2 is the simplest yet viable, in my opinion.

OPTION A: At hangar, you only apply 4 mechs - 1 Light(L), 1 Medium(M), 1 Heavy(H), and 1 Assault(A) - for mech selection before you start quick play because it's going to be a burden if you have all your bayed mechs to choose from.

Before quickplay, player can set what kind of tonnage he prefers to play, L, M, H, or A. Let's just call them "roles". Player can select 1-4 of the tonnage preference and match-up will decide what "role" he gets.

At match-up each team can only select 3 Lights, 3 Mediums, 3 Heavies, 3 Assaults. For example, 2 players already chose 2 Assaults, only 1 Assault left can be selected by whoever in the team who hasn't chosen yet. Each player will be tagged what "role" they got for the match-up, so game etiquette comes to mind if he's going to follow his "role" selection.

OPTION B: Simplest for me, selected hangar mech goes to quickplay, but 3 or 4 different loadout selection if it's an issue with mech tonnage match-up balance. So atleast now, you can choose if you wanna go SRM, MRM, LRM(list goes on) build for that map.

BONUS OPTION: Mix the 2 options, mech selection + loadout selection. But I don't know how to feel about that.

TLDR: Mech &/ Loadout Selection After Map Selection

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:19 AM

The Game is realy realy old. Despite pretending they would do somehow restart the development prozess the game is basicaly in a maintenance state.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users