Mw5 Upcoming Release

2 replies to this topic

#1 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:02 AM

I'm one of those people who was unbelievably pissed when PGI hopped from Steam to Epic. I felt like it was a betrayal of all of the people who shelled out money, and who - like me - had good reason to loathe Epic.

Fast forward two years, and we're a month away from the Steam release. I've been excited as hell to play it, but was disappointed it didn't release in December. Fine. I'm good with that.

That having been said, I'm disappointed in PGI's own, tepid reaction to their own anticipated release date. I've only seen a brief mention in a forum thread as official acknowledgement of the upcoming release. Am I alone in thinking PGI is seriously screwing the pooch by not making a more public, bold declaration of the release date of their own product? Am I wrong? Am I missing something?

Like I was even looking forward to getting the expansion, too. For sure. But I'm likewise disappointed there won't be any prerelease specials, either, like there was for the first release.

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:09 AM

People have complained about PGI marketing for a while.

I doubt there will be any more specials.

#3 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:33 PM

I'm right there with you Phantom23. I was the person who posted the press release of the May release date to the forums BEFORE PGI themselves announced it.

The only reason I can think of for someone like me to stumble across the press release and post it before PGI made an official announcement on the MW5 website or MWO website was that PGI didn't internally communicate the release date to their community team, or PGI didn't know the release date at all and EG7 set it.

Either way it's a very bad look.

Now, keep in mind folks' attention span is pretty short these days. So I don't know that we'll see a marketing push until May, less than a month from release. If May 27th hits without any marketing it's a big failure on PGI's part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users