Patch Notes - 1.4.240.0 - 20-April-2021

354 replies to this topic

#41 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:23 AM

Finally, the best weapon balance, after years and years...

#42 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:53 AM

YES! Best patch in years!

I’d show my support by buying a Stryker pack but I already bought it, so release a new chassis so I can buy it!

#43 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:04 AM

At first I didn't feel like the streaks needed a diggle with but it seems incremental so not as bad as I thought. We'll see how it pans out. The New T-bolt could I was worried about quirks because JJ and MASC are useless to me but it could have been worse. We'll see how this pans out and I'll try not to be too negative. Re-scaling is really needed. Some smalls are just too small. Some oddball meds are as big as a heavy.

#44 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:25 AM

AC20's - Minimum heat penalty level increased to 3 (from 2) – Fire 2 with no penalty. (Clan Only)

COMON!!!!! Why clan only? My King Crab cries in ghost heat assigned to a STOCK LOADOUT....

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 April 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

IS took a huge number of buffs. The TDR is going to be quite strong indeed. A poptart, ECM TDR is almost impossible to be bad especially when at a baseline TDRs are already strong.

Lights wont be overpowered at all. IS MPL is the benchmark weapon and boated constantly. All that is happen is other super super bad weapons will now be viable and a number of mechs like Kitfox, Adder and other slow lights will have a multitude of weapon options now.

All I wanted was my dual AC/20 Jager mech and King Crab without Ghost heat... WHY did you guys do IS dirty like that?!?!?!?!

#45 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:28 AM

Dear PGI!

The Grand Dragon is a legendary BattleMech in the Battletech universe. This best's main weapon: the PPC.

I think you not gave for it a good quirk. Okok, it has Velocity.
But cooldown? PPC heat - "X" %?
They would fit this legendary 'Mech not the missile cooldown.

#46 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:28 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 April 2021 - 09:16 PM, said:

SNPPC and 2x SRM4 with the very big defensive and offensive quirks is gonna be quite nice I think

My favorite build on this variant will be dual heavy ppc in the (high) torso mounts. But yeah, with that many armor and structure quirks it will be tanky like hell.

View PostHellfire666, on 17 April 2021 - 06:25 AM, said:

AC20's - Minimum heat penalty level increased to 3 (from 2) – Fire 2 with no penalty. (Clan Only)

COMON!!!!! Why clan only? My King Crab cries in ghost heat assigned to a STOCK LOADOUT....

The reason is subnose ppc. Wihtout ghost heat on dual ac20 u could easily do tripple subnose ppc+dual ac20 which means 70 pinpoint alphastrike, easily twice in a row without coolshot. And clan ac20 still has multiple projectiles.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 17 April 2021 - 06:33 AM.

#47 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:54 AM

Dear PGI,

I don't necessarily agree 100% to all of these changes, but I strongly belief, those are, for the most part, quite reasonable and sensible. I don't think MW:O is a game that can ever achieve 100% "balance" in all aspects, there are just too much variables. But I do think a frequently changing "meta" is much more enjoyable than a stale one!

Will I open up my wallet? Of course not! Why would I? And even more importantly, for what? After the skill-tree was released, I got reimbursed about 130 million c-bills for modules and was therefore able to buy pretty much every chassis I was interested in. And since there is no rule-of-3 anymore, I have zero motivation to buy a mech-pack (or something else). Posted Image

Although, right now, I'm thinking strongly about buying a new color, "Gunmetal Grey" for 1000 MC would be a fine addition to my collection!

This first step of a balance-pass is nice, but IMO long over due. Too long. This should already have happened last year, as soon as you got the extension for your licence. By now you should already be working on the various other aspects that desperately need an overhaul or improvements.

Just of the top off my casual and solely solo-playing head:

- "soup"-queue has to go as soon as possible (no discussions!)
- game-modes (maybe a new one with limited re-spawns based on drop-decks and inspired by MW:Living Legend's "Terrain Control"?)
- faction-play (needs to move away from Clan vs. IS and everybody should participate in one or another way)
- advance the time-line (new toys)
- PSR-system (math looks good, but needs more tiers and tracked separately for weight-classes and group/solo-play)
- proper in-game leader-board (just look at "Jarl's List", but with group/solo-play separately)
- Monetization (for example different HUDs, HUD-colors and sound-packs)
- skill-tree (condense and simplify or simply remove it)
- Solaris (TBH, I don't care, was never interested, never played it)

There are already a lot of good ideas out there, you just have to ask the right people! Posted Image

I'm looking forward to this patch and I appreciate all the effort from all the people involved!
And I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes to agility and scaling!

Best regards,

Cpt Zaepp

Edited by Cpt Zaepp, 17 April 2021 - 07:06 AM.

#48 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:05 AM

If I was your manager, I'd buy you a cup of coffee! This looks like a lot of work. Thanks. The equipment changes look good - AMS ammo and LAMS heat make a lot of sense. I use both. CASE change also makes these - I may use it more. I like artillery so maybe less damage may be offset by more shells - quirked/skilled, this is a lot of shells.

#49 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:51 AM

Can't wait to use LPL as a potentially viable weapon again.

#50 MechWarrior2150582

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:52 AM

Gauss Rifle (clan) has been heavily nerfed. Sniper build is the option no longer to consider. I used to play 2xGR build, but now GR cooldown has been increased by 40% while the dmg has been increased only by 13%. Someone in the Piranha does not like GR.... New weapon mod impacted GR significantly in a bad way... shame.

Edited by MechWarrior2150582, 17 April 2021 - 07:52 AM.

#51 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:03 AM

View PostMechWarrior2150582, on 17 April 2021 - 07:52 AM, said:

Gauss Rifle (clan) has been heavily nerfed. Sniper build is the option no longer to consider. I used to play 2xGR build, but now GR cooldown has been increased by 40% while the dmg has been increased only by 13%. Someone in the Piranha does not like GR.... New weapon mod impacted GR significantly in a bad way... shame.

I'm not sure that you read the line at the beginning of the patch changes that said "It is worth noting that the changes in this patch are based on values and stats of weapons and equipment prior to the March 2021 patch." so clan gauss is going back to its original damage and cooldown and having its range and velocity buffed compared to pre-March values.

Edited by Wid1046, 17 April 2021 - 08:04 AM.

#52 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:07 AM

Gauss and PPC buffs reverted. Back to having low dps AND no punch. Not a fan.

Zero effort mech pack. No new mechs, just two variants.

No new maps.

No new game modes or improvements to the existing ones.

No plans to move to the unreal engine.

No reason to come back.

You may say "Who tf are you? no one cares what you think" and that's fair, but look at your friends list and see when was the last time most of the people on it have logged in.

#53 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:19 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 17 April 2021 - 08:07 AM, said:

No new maps.

No reason to come back.

You may say "Who tf are you? no one cares what you think" and that's fair, but look at your friends list and see when was the last time most of the people on it have logged in.

Gauss NERFs reverted and received some buffs, especially the IS Gauss. PPC changes reverted and also buffed with LOWER HEAT. Your negativity is interfering with your reasoning. The weapon changes are going to shake up the playing field a lot and that’s great.

#54 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:21 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 17 April 2021 - 06:25 AM, said:

All I wanted was my dual AC/20 Jager mech and King Crab without Ghost heat... WHY did you guys do IS dirty like that?!?!?!?!

KGC HSL quirk only. No general Heat Scale Limit change to AC/20. Clan only is realistic because their AC/20 fires three pellets over .22 seconds. IS version fires 1 slug, so it is essentially pinpoint.

#55 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:29 AM

No new maps.

No reason to come back.

Apparently has not read the road map. And who said that PGI was moving this game to Unreal? No one. Setting up yourself for disappointment by "Unreal"-istic expectations.

#56 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

I like most of the changes, but I don't feel the mech quirk changes necessary. I hardly ever see either of those three mechs, unless you count me driving a IV4 here and there. feels kinda like you're punishing a mech that deviates from the established meta there.

#57 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:46 AM

View PostCpt Zaepp, on 17 April 2021 - 06:54 AM, said:

-
- Monetization (for example different HUDs, HUD-colors and sound-packs)

i realy love this idea Posted Image

#58 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

View Postshameless, on 17 April 2021 - 08:40 AM, said:

I like most of the changes, but I don't feel the mech quirk changes necessary. I hardly ever see either of those three mechs, unless you count me driving a IV4 here and there. feels kinda like you're punishing a mech that deviates from the established meta there.

The Awesome and Blackjack nerfs are very clearly being done because the AWS-AQ triple PPC and BJ-3 double ERPPC builds are going to make a comeback with these changes.

Hell, you can do a nasty 3x SNPPC BJ-3 build after this patch. Think about close/mid-range poptarting with that on maps like Mining and Canyon.

#59 MechWarrior2150582

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:37 AM

No new maps.

No reason to come back.

10000% Agreed!!! No reason to come back and waste your money. There is early and mid game, but no end-game. Posted Image Posted Image End-game is about collecting new colors and new cockpit items... it is so lame...

What is more, what could be improved:
  • Pilot skill rating needs to be redesigned, we need more levels just to see the goal for in game endless grinding, and see perks for having higher skill rating (match making is not enough),
  • Lack of end game achievements and other goals that would benefit end-game and grinding players time spent in the game,
  • Skill tree (91/91) - lack of unique skills that would benefit having high “pilot skill raring” or allow to have unique builds. Skill tree – 90% of players have the same set of skills. When applaying skill there there is no wondering and sacrifice related to planning/builds etc.
  • Mech lab – customizing the mech could be improved in an easy way, such as:
1. armor plates (equivalent to heatsinks) - slots and weight dependent but adds armor,

2. not used tonnage dependent bonuses like higher mech speed, better cooling etc.
3. new weapons (thunder bolt missile, long tom cannon, heavy flamer, add new weapons variants with slighty different stats to already existing weapons like GR(clan), GR1(clan), GR2(clan) - each with different stats to better customize your mech).

Do not touch existing weapons, just add new weapons and/or add already existing weapons "new variants" !! By doing that you will not destroy the game existing ballance but still you will allow for more builds and customization ! Easy and not controversial Posted Image Right now what you have done to GR(clan) is just a joke.... I AM NOT GOING BACK TO PLAY THIS GAME. I have played for many years and spent tons of USD... but no more

Edited by MechWarrior2150582, 17 April 2021 - 09:52 AM.

#60 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:44 AM

Per the March Dev Blog.... down at the bottom.

Misc. 17:25 - 22:00<p style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204); font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light, "Helvetica Neue Light", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(17, 17, 17);">
  • New Bundles coming in April
  • Roadmap Update
  • Intel Gathering coming in April
    • Booster Pack 2 (Clans)
    • PTS Feedback
    • Spawn Points and Map Fixes

Any idea on when we will see anything on the Bundles for April? Some of us already bought the Stryker pack a bit back and would like to reward good work coming out of this patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users