Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:02 AM

#2 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:06 PM

Cauldron are secretly Aliens in human hosts that love light mechs.

Edited by MechaGnome, 19 April 2021 - 07:07 PM.

#3 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:52 PM

As much as I liked this video, there is one topic I want to comment on.

In regards to group que: I have a strong feeling that if you remove teams of 2... a lot of people will get extremely angry... and possibly quit.

I have noticed- quite often- that there are groups of people who only play with their one or two buddies... I understand that our player base is small and it will be hard to fill buckets... but there is a large possibility that forcing groups of 4 can have a detrimental effect on an otherwise upward trend towards our player base...

It especially makes it hard for people to invite their friends into the game as new players... because more likely then not- they might be too shy to bring a fresh cadet into a 4 player premade. And honestly, we need every new player that we can get right now.

Other then that, everything else in the video was great! Thanks for all the hard work!

#4 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:44 AM

On the chin.
Right direction.

Edit: I wrote a few paragraphs then realized all I want to say is I miss pre skill tree patch assault dakka, the kind that could break rotation and smash light mechs if they messed up their first pass.
I cringe in my favorite machines these days.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 21 April 2021 - 02:41 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,696 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:12 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 19 April 2021 - 10:50 PM, said:

I am at a point where I don't care about groups in general queue anymore. I have seen to many groups of 3-4 on the losing side, to really find them to be a problem. if groups get removed from queues I think at least keeping groups of 2 would be very beneficial.

Agree. I would even go so far as to remove the 4-man completely, remove the min/max tonnage and convert to 1 mech/weight class then switch up the MM from the Group MM to the previous Solo MM, where each side has matching weight classes. The groups themselves would not be required to be matched up, simply overall for the teams. This would remove the 5 assaults vs 2 assault threads.

#6 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:50 AM

I really really hope they don't remember 2 and 3-man groups. That's the main way I've been playing the game lately, as I only have 1, sometimes 2, friends that want to play regularly.

If they want to make a group queue with 4-man groups only, that's fine with me, but don't take 2 and 3-man groups away from solo/soup queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users