Very interesting.

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:04 AM

Why is everybody making such a big deal about Gauss rifles? They are only slightly better than they were before the March patch.

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:07 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 April 2021 - 06:04 AM, said:

Why is everybody making such a big deal about Gauss rifles? They are only slightly better than they were before the March patch.

I suspect they are really kvetching about LGR (and various PPC combos). I didn't notice Gauss rifles last night, but lots of teammates, at least, were running LGR builds.

#5 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:14 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 April 2021 - 06:07 AM, said:

I suspect they are really kvetching about LGR (and various PPC combos). I didn't notice Gauss rifles last night, but lots of teammates, at least, were running LGR builds.

And god forbid light gauss rifles are popular. Please nerf so they go unused again.

/s

Even still, I haven’t tried the NSR-9J but I think it’s great it has something worth using now.

#6 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:13 AM

I love this weapon. My build absolutely felt the additional ammo, as every shot counts for me, as well as the increased range. Best upgrade ever.

#7 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:05 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 April 2021 - 06:04 AM, said:

The maxiumum range seems to better, a lot better 2 kilometres or so, Thats more than slightly
So the damage at 1 km and 1.5 km is more, is it not?
Guass is meta again.

Edited by General Solo, 21 April 2021 - 09:08 AM.

#8 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:49 AM

Actually... the nascar has become so fast, that a heavy with aobut 70kph+ dual guass can barely keep up. Not manny shots to release...

My 2 ppc veagle with about 90kph + jj averages above 800dmg....

my former favorite dual gaus mech was about 400dmg avergage last night.
Rarely did the game evolve in a way that you can actually use the range or trade a few salvos before you are running again. And due to the slow 70kph the teammates pass you. And when they pass you, in qp they will shield the enemy with their mechs.
Its a perpetual struggle to pass the own teram to get some shots out with heavies atm...

70kph felt like a 50kph annie....

So why the hate if the guass onnly works rarely because of its weight and the limitation to a small group of mechs that can actually use it.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:59 AM

I can't look away from the OPs horrific butchering of the English language. It's writhing on the floor, spraying blood everywhere, and yet he continues to hack away with the linguistic equivalent of a machete, and the fervor of a man whose religious beliefs have been gravely offended.

#10 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 April 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

I can't look away from the OPs horrific butchering of the English language. It's writhing on the floor, spraying blood everywhere, and yet he continues to hack away with the linguistic equivalent of a machete, and the fervor of a man whose religious beliefs have been gravely offended.

That's why we are here, that's what we do. I keep telling myself my English language is on par with a native speaking man. Until I meat a reel one. THEN I know my truth shattered, albeit my spirit still stands tall.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:50 AM

View PostMETAL SEPARATOR, on 21 April 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

That's why we are here, that's what we do. I keep telling myself my English language is on par with a native speaking man. Until I meat a reel one. THEN I know my truth shattered, albeit my spirit still stands tall.

Your English is fine, it's the nobody meme followed by song lyrics that's an afront to civility.

#12 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:09 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 April 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

Your English is fine, it's the nobody meme followed by song lyrics that's an afront to civility.

Ah. That. You have to adapt to the new world around Posted Image

#13 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:19 PM

I think the new max range may be a tad too good, but we should wait and see how it plays out. Still, im happy that gauss vomit is actually useable nowadays, whereas for the last patch anything with gauss was basically useless due to 0 DPS. Sofar the range doesnt really help in the nascar QP meta (not to mention most maps wont give you 1.5km ranges), but at least it makes it a unique choice that isnt 100% screwed in some way.

That and LGRs dont seem to ghost heat, meaning it gives IS a unique high PPFLD build available. Havent tried it, but you could do 2LGR and 2 HPPC...

#14 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:34 AM

Just wait until PGI implements Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles and Hyper-assault Gauss Rifles.

Expect a lot of fun with HAG-40. Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users