Since Your Nerfed Ppc Damage

10 replies to this topic

#1 Xantheus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:35 AM

How about Nerfing the heat as well. Why the he ll is a 10 damage weapon putting out 15 heat?

Edited by Xantheus, 22 April 2021 - 04:37 AM.

#2 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:37 AM

It is not, we just reverted may patch AND reduced heat even more on underperforming ppcs.
Clan ppc says 10 damage but it is an interface bug, it does 2.5+10+2.5

Clan erppc was left as it has been since 2017 because it was among the most OP weapons around.
We buffed underperformers rather than buffing overperformers

Edited by D A T A, 22 April 2021 - 04:40 AM.

#3 Xantheus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:38 AM

Im playing now and looking at load out its 14.5 (-1.04)

#4 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:42 AM

I will suggest pgi to fix the interface bug, clan ppc does 10 where you hit plus 2.5 right and 2.5 left.
Total 15 damage

#5 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:43 AM

The only PPC damage values I genuinely don't agree with here are light PPCs.

Before patch, the cooldown was certainly too long, but they were the most tonnage efficient damage dealers in the game and a set of 3 could make an entire class of light mech snipers possible.

Post patch they essentially act like an alternative to the medium pulse laser. Probably good at what they're doing now, I just wish they were doing something else, because when they had higher damage they did something no other weapon did.

#6 Xantheus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:45 AM

So how much damage does a ER LL do when its rakes from left to right does it do the full 11 to all parts it hits?

#7 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:50 AM

View PostXantheus, on 22 April 2021 - 04:45 AM, said:

So how much damage does a ER LL do when its rakes from left to right does it do the full 11 to all parts it hits?

No, imagine as you have 11 liters of water and you are peeing them...those 11 liters spread all over.
Erll will do 11 damage on one component only if you have god like steady aim and you manage to hold the laser on that specific component for the entire laser burn time, which is hard as hell on a moving mech.
That 11 pees instant by instant, its 11 in total after the burn is over

Edited by D A T A, 22 April 2021 - 04:51 AM.

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:55 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 22 April 2021 - 04:43 AM, said:

The only PPC damage values I genuinely don't agree with here are light PPCs.

Before patch, the cooldown was certainly too long, but they were the most tonnage efficient damage dealers in the game and a set of 3 could make an entire class of light mech snipers possible.

Post patch they essentially act like an alternative to the medium pulse laser. Probably good at what they're doing now, I just wish they were doing something else, because when they had higher damage they did something no other weapon did.

You mean like a medium pulse laser with a 600 meter optimal range?

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:55 AM

View PostD A T A, on 22 April 2021 - 04:42 AM, said:

I will suggest pgi to fix the interface bug, clan ppc does 10 where you hit plus 2.5 right and 2.5 left.
Total 15 damage

If I can ask you, tell PGI to list the minimum range of various weapons in the game, please.

For example, all that a new player can see is that the minimum range of LRMs and ATMs is somewhere between 0 and 375 m.
I have seen many cadets firing those missiles from the point-blank range.

Edited by martian, 22 April 2021 - 04:56 AM.

#10 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:58 AM

View Postmartian, on 22 April 2021 - 04:55 AM, said:

If I can ask you, tell PGI to list the minimum range of various weapons in the game, please.

For example, all that a new player can see is that the minimum range of LRMs and ATMs is somewhere between 0 and 375 m.
I have seen many cadets firing those missiles from the point-blank range.

Heh not only that, i would like to show uac jam chance and jam duration in the mechlab.

Clan uacs are more likely to jam, and if jammed stay jammed for longer, but mechlab does not say it and pugs think clan uacs are better than IS ones, when they are not

#11 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:03 AM

View PostD A T A, on 22 April 2021 - 04:58 AM, said:

Heh not only that, i would like to show uac jam chance and jam duration in the mechlab.

Clan uacs are more likely to jam, and if jammed stay jammed for longer, but mechlab does not say it and pugs think clan uacs are better than IS ones, when they are not

Yes, you are quite right.

And another thing: The description of Light PPCs still says that they have 90m minimum range, even though this is no longer true. Could you ask PGI to edit that description, please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users