Looking For Unit

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tolmets

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:42 AM

hello,

im looking for unit to do some faction play with. i primarily play solo quick play and im not the very best, but i would like to try to do it in groups. can play other modes as well. im in europe, but i sometimes play at night and early mornings, so time zone does not really matter.

#2 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:12 AM

Hey Tolmets,

there are certain groups / streamers (check out Yondu Udonta, JustCallMeAsh, Clan Crossfire and others) that do open faction play for all players interested and willing to learn. Can't tell if there are a lot of units left actively pursuiting faction play, since the game mode lost a lot of attendance over the last 12 months. Faction Play usually has the biggest playerbase during NA-Peak-times (late night / very early morning EU-Time). Do you use Discord? If you do, join the MWO-Comp Server. Good starting area to come in touch with other people playing faction or MWO in general.

Depending on your language preferences, I could point to towards more specific units.

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 21 April 2021 - 03:13 AM.

#3 Tolmets

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:15 AM

i use discord, yes.

i am not the most active player, i mostly play when there are events, but i still want to play factions sometimes. too bad its impossible to get in game solo...

#4 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:52 PM

Ye don't have to be that active, it is just important to know or get in contact with some people / units that drop on a regulary basis. And yes, you are right: getting into FP-games as solo is hard now n then.

Have you found your way onto the MWO-Comp-Server already? If you are looking for some german-speaking people to drop with into QP, I can promote the Armed Service Journeymen. Small but very decent and friendly group of people and very dedicated to newcomers. 12th Donegal Guards are a very appreciable bunch too, even though I don't know how regular they drop atm.

Another multilingual and european-based unit is Fraternite37 (French, Englisch, German, Italian as far as I know). They seem to be quite dedicated and even participate in competitive games - and that with some success one has to admit.

Be that as it may: in case you need help or folks to be pointed to, let me know. Will see what I can do then.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 22 April 2021 - 01:57 AM.

#5 Tolmets

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:56 AM

i can speak only latvian, english and russian. i havent found anyone yet. do those people visit forums? if somebody is interested they can add me, or i can add them. i dont really know how it works, do both needs to be online?

#6 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:43 AM

Get onto this Discord-Server (MWO-Comp): https://discord.com/invite/6wxM5hC

There you will find several channels dedicated to players looking for units or groups to play with. Place your info in it. Usually they help people pretty fast. Furthermore you will find some of the popular FP-streamers (Yondu etc.) there.

All in all the MWO-Community is pretty helpful. In case ye experience problems, let us know. We can point you a little further if needed!

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 22 April 2021 - 05:44 AM.

#7 Tolmets

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:52 AM

i joined, will see how it goes! thanks

#8 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:00 AM

No worries, mate.

Just place yourself into the specified channel on that Discord (if I recall correctly it is called something like "Recruitment" or "Looking for unit"). It will be easy to find though, once ye click around a little.

Will check on your progress once I am able to come online over the next couple of days.

But I can assure ye, it will be fine. Finding friendly people to play with usually ain't a problem in MWO at all. So have fun and bring mech-affiliated friends. Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users