Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mandible 78A

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationEast of Vermont

Posted 28 September 2021 - 04:23 PM

Hi All,

First time posting so if this is in the wrong spot, please let me know.

After this latest patch (as in, patch installed and the problem came up on the spot), I came across two issues.

1. when I log into the portal, I get the old "video card not recognized in Cryengine" message.
If I enter through that, I can log into the game and the mouse seems to work fine at the launch page. (I can left-click on the mech, hold and rotate the view and also select anything from the left menu or the top buttons) but

2. But if I drop into training grounds, both the keyboard and mouse stop responding completely.
I can ALT-TAB and get back to the desktop.

I've updated both the ICUE software for the corsair keyboard and the latest driver for my Nvidia GTX-970 card
also doublechecked that Windows 10 patches are up to date and ran the system file checker tool
and ran the MWO Repair Tool
uninstalled/reinstalled the portal and game twice
also running an Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

Anybody else seeing this? Is there a workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Much Thanks

Anybody else seeing this? Is there a workaround?

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 September 2021 - 04:30 AM

Hello there, 'Mandible 78A'... It sounds to me like Windows Update has tampered with the installed Drivers for your hardware, and in a bad way. This has resulted in various random problems with MWO in the past for other people, and is a permanent reason to not trust Windows Update at all. The only recommendation which I can give you is to revert your Drivers back to the last known working installation with MWO for your Mouse & Keyboard configuration, and prevent Windows Update from screwing with them in the future. On top of this, if any other Windows Updates state any effect upon your Mouse & Keyboard input devices, you may need to remove those as well. :(

If you're not willing to make that kind of a step to get MWO working again, or attempts to reverse things don't work, then I can only tell you to Contact MWO Support at the "Support" Link on the top of all those pages which constitute this website. Either that, or wait for someone other than myself who can do better at instructing you on how to move forward from here and may have a solution other than reverting. :mellow:

~D. V. "thinks reverting Drivers back might be best... otherwise, wait for a techie who handles this mess better" Devnull

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 05:18 AM

View PostMandible 78A, on 28 September 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

Anybody else seeing this?

Everything works fine for me.

View PostMandible 78A, on 28 September 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

Is there a workaround?

You can contact the MWO Tech Support service.

Use this e-mail:
technical@mwomercs.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users