Mwo/battletech Playlists

7 replies to this topic

#1 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:37 PM

Looking for some fast-paced, hard rock songs to jam out to while I roll in MWO. I'm sure a few of y'all have some good tracks in mind. The obvious, auto-include stuff like Heavy Metal, War Machine, and Shoot to Thrill are on there - but a ton of other stuff that's not so obvious like Legacy and Song 2 (idc that it's overplayed, f u)

Any suggestions are welcome!

https://www.youtube....6sdu-hl5YXTI8Ng

#2 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:42 PM

Suggestion, don't listen to music and don't be surprised when a mech walks up behind you because you can actually hear it's footsteps from 100s of meters away.

#3 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:39 PM

View PostMercules, on 20 April 2021 - 02:42 PM, said:

Suggestion, don't listen to music and don't be surprised when a mech walks up behind you because you can actually hear it's footsteps from 100s of meters away.

I'm aware :) I don't care.

#4 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:24 PM

almost anything by Sabaton considering almost all of their songs are military history themed (Metal Machine is a got to), goes well. its often what i have going when i listen to tunes while playing.

(not like you can hear enemy footsteps anyway. you should honestly given the mass of these war machines but then again with all the equipment you got around you in that cockpit its not surprising.)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 20 April 2021 - 05:26 PM.

#5 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:58 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 20 April 2021 - 05:24 PM, said:

(not like you can hear enemy footsteps anyway. you should honestly given the mass of these war machines but then again with all the equipment you got around you in that cockpit its not surprising.)

is sound dampening in mech cockpits canon?

#6 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:17 AM

Not sure if that will fit exactly your request but:

Nickelback - This means war
Nickelback - Burn it to the ground
Dope - Debonnaire
The used - Pretty handsome awkward
Celldwellers - Switchback
Clawfinger - The biggest and the best
Gemini Five - Babylon rockets

Edited by Maugged, 21 April 2021 - 05:17 AM.

#7 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:30 AM

View PostMaugged, on 21 April 2021 - 05:17 AM, said:

Not sure if that will fit exactly your request but:

Nickelback - This means war
Nickelback - Burn it to the ground
Dope - Debonnaire
The used - Pretty handsome awkward
Celldwellers - Switchback
Clawfinger - The biggest and the best
Gemini Five - Babylon rockets

Celldweller is interesting because he absolutely loves to endlessly remix his stuff, kind of like KMFDM (although KMFDM do it firmly tongue in cheek). If you enjoy fusing guitars with dance, Celldweller makes some proper 4x4 beats.

Anyway. Why would you want to listen to rock OP? You need something rightfully epic for big stompy robots and little plucked metal strings, even amplified, won't cut it.

What you want, is Front Line Assembly's Airmech. It even has 'Mech' in the name damn it! Follow that up with the best electronic masterpiece ever made (by the same fellas) - Warmech.

You're welcome.

#8 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:01 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 April 2021 - 05:30 AM, said:

Celldweller is interesting because he absolutely loves to endlessly remix his stuff, kind of like KMFDM (although KMFDM do it firmly tongue in cheek). If you enjoy fusing guitars with dance, Celldweller makes some proper 4x4 beats.

Anyway. Why would you want to listen to rock OP? You need something rightfully epic for big stompy robots and little plucked metal strings, even amplified, won't cut it.

What you want, is Front Line Assembly's Airmech. It even has 'Mech' in the name damn it! Follow that up with the best electronic masterpiece ever made (by the same fellas) - Warmech.

You're welcome.

it's the weirdest thing. i get some sort of odd satisfaction out of just making a playlist, let alone actually listening to it.

anyways.

Some of the tracks on this list are on there for being both self-referential and also harder rock (like the ones I mentioned in the OP). Some (like Flesh) are on there for the irony lol

added the following tracks:

Dope - Die Motherf***** Die
Nickelback - This Means War
Dope - Debonnaire
Rammstein - Du Hast
Aerosmith - Flesh
The Used - Pretty Handsome Awkward

A bunch of these were yalls' suggestions. Thanks! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users